La Nina flower shots

Smoking what I'm smoking and seeing those bud shots has made a believer out of me. I just keep thinking about what I'd do with a super La Nina cut. So who's got one in Oz? I'm just dying to whack one with a Oaxacan/Madness male.
N.

Smoking what I'm smoking and seeing those bud shots has made a believer out of me. I just keep thinking about what I'd do with a super La Nina cut. So who's got one in Oz? I'm just dying to whack one with a Oaxacan/Madness male.
N.

I have 2 that kick ass but I have a buddy on the other side of the USA who has that one.

If you want me to try and get you a cut, pm me. He has made some nice crosses with her as well.

edit - I can send you my keepers too.

This offer does not extend to anyone else.

Last edited:
Hi L33t,

Are you certain, that this La Nina doesn't have NL5HZ in it somewhere?

hazylanina01.jpg

To me it looks more like original NL5HZ than just about anything I've seen outside MNS NH and my own Hybrids.

Quoting Shanti from the following thread, in the strains section

http://www.mrnice.nl/dhtml/strains.php?id=25

"She has a genetic composition of Haze x Widow, making her an inevitable candidate for a hot love story with her consumer."

Just to clarify...

Hi Joshua,

Shanti cleared the lineage up here http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/showthread.php?p=69897

La nina was previously El nino and came out the same year as SSH...I did not have use of Nevils Haze C pollen for this...so it was one only plant out of the family of Haze C. The seed I used was from original seed grown in northern NSW in the late 70s and 80s of which some refferred to it as Mullumbimby Madness...what I considered a Thai Columbian inbreed line from a fellow grower who had had it growing and collected the seed himself from those places in his travels. There were other strains similar viewed as Mullum Madness, so it depends who you spoke to at the time.Nevertheless it was never written up to be Haze C male.

I assume that at the time it was released Shanti felt that MM wasn't very well known outside of Oz and select circles so describing it as "Haze" would give the wider community a better idea of what to expect of the plants traits.

Nevil backs up the fact that referring to it as "Haze" is a reasonable description here http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/showthread.php?p=79349#post79349

I'm not either, but I'm pretty sure I'm smoking it now. It's not Haze, but it's the next closest thing I've ever come across. One could be forgiven for thinking they are related, I'm not sure they're not, 40 or 50 years ago. That pine is so similar to HazeC.
N.

Mark

did the haze that nevil began with have genetics from india ?
ive grown a bunch of ssh ,, one or two were very similar to the seeds ive grown from india , same smell , very resiny , very nice toke , very sativa .
im not great on describing smells , but it was a resiny smell , like some hashish ive smelt , not so floral , or petrol , a smell im familiar with but cant quite touch on what to call it ..
nose not sending the right info to the correct side of brain maybe ,, lol ...
its only a small nose b ut it does its best , heheheh3

G`day Don
Well I asked NVL a while back what he knew about Sth Indian genetics and he didn`t reply so .... Skunk Man babled about Sth Ind an Hz but who knows eh ?
I asked NVL re Kerela ... nada .
Why don`t you try I reckon you`ve got more pull than me you chat king you .
Thanks for sharin
Elmer Bud .

Hi Joshua,

Shanti cleared the lineage up here El Niño ~ La Niña Comparison thread. - Page 21 - MNS Forums

I assume that at the time it was released Shanti felt that MM wasn't very well known outside of Oz and select circles so describing it as "Haze" would give the wider community a better idea of what to expect of the plants traits.

Nevil backs up the fact that referring to it as "Haze" is a reasonable description here La Nina flower shots - Page 6 - MNS Forums

Mark

Thanks for the thread Mark, it explains a lot but I am still confused, So it appears from what Shanti has said which I requoted below, that La Nina, is from a family of haze C, which would make sense, as from my understanding, NL5hz is also from a family of Haze C.

isn't that right? Or am I misunderstanding Shanti?

... La Nina was previously El nino and came out the same year as SSH...I did not have use of Nevils Haze C pollen for this...so it was one only plant out of the family of Haze C. The seed I used was from original seed grown in northern NSW in the late 70s and 80s of which some refferred to it as Mullumbimby Madness...what I considered a Thai Columbian inbreed line from a fellow grower

Thanks for understanding and stay safe...all the best Sb

did the haze that nevil began with have genetics from india ?
ive grown a bunch of ssh ,, one or two were very similar to the seeds ive grown from india , same smell , very resiny , very nice toke , very sativa .
im not great on describing smells , but it was a resiny smell , like some hashish ive smelt , not so floral , or petrol , a smell im familiar with but cant quite touch on what to call it ..
nose not sending the right info to the correct side of brain maybe ,, lol ...
its only a small nose b ut it does its best , heheheh3
I don't think that there is any Indian in my Haze. Indian was something Sam played with. I doubt that Sam grew the '69 Haze seeds.

I'm still trying to get my head around how similar The Hz and MM are. As a rule, I done believe in coincidence but connection. Look at the photos, it even looks similar.
In breeding IBLs the best method is to separate sibling lines and inbreed them separately for several gens, and then bring them back together. Putting the NH to the MM may be doing just that. Both lines maybe carrying the pieces to recreate the Primal Haze. I can't tell you how excited I am! We could be on the verge of a major breakthrough here.
N.

Shanti's summation of the MM being a non HzC Haze line is correct IMO. I expect he will be thinking about putting it to the Mango Haze, but who knows what goes on in the mind of a breeder.
My ambitions require a bit of ground crew support, to get the most out of NH and I have the luxury of not having to make everybody happy. Putting a good catalogue together necessitates offering a range of varieties. Different strokes sort of thing.
I'm just following my dreams. I'm imagining a world where you can grow whatever you want, wherever you want and where yield doesn't really count so much. It'd be handy to have the right seeds.
N.

Joshua,...I think Sensimilla has it right - "out of" meaning outside of/excluded from the family of Haze C in this context.

Mark

Hi Nevil,

It's funny...when I was reading the grail thread and your objectives for it, I instantly thought of MM being a likely candidate from what I've read of her. I dismissed the idea pretty quickly thinking that you would have already been aware of her and had some reason that you didn't think she would be a good mate. The other thing that made me think she'd been considered and rejected is that Shanti has the La Nina mum and either you would have been familiar with it or Shanti had already tried an NH or Haze C cross that didn't work out.

If you haven't already, it would be worthwhile having a chat to Shanti about it - especially any other crosses he's tried. It strikes me that there must be some reason that he's only released a cross with the BW especially considering he favours the Indica Male/Sativa Female combinations.

One other thing that's interested me is why you've decided on a NH male over using the Haze C? I'm assuming your NH male has traits more like the Haze A or otherwise in your view better than Haze C.

Anyway...good to see the Grail project gathering momentum and I'll be looking forward to things unfolding in the New Year.

Mark

NH male reasoning ?

Hello Mark... In my opinion? The NH male is already established with the NL#5 plant in the mix {25%}. peace, resinbud ;)

Last edited:
I think that what he meant was that it is the only "Haze" in the line up that is not made up of Haze C...in stead of "out" perhaps "outside" is what he meant.

That's my interpretation because the sentence before says he did not use Haze C pollen.

Cheers

Its hard to say, but just because he did not use haze C pollen, does not mean that it is not from "the haze C family" . For example, everything I have is from "the haze C family" even though I have never seen haze C pollen in my life. This is because my foundational female is the original NL5Hz, which is 50% Haze C.
Perhaps he was saying that he did not have to use haze C pollen because the hybrid he was working with already had Haze C in it.

Joshua,...I think Sensimilla has it right - "out of" meaning outside of/excluded from the family of Haze C in this context.

Mark

Perhaps... It is very ambiguous. I don't think we can draw any concrete conclusions from Shanti's statement. In any case, I want this strain. I am adding it to my wish list. Thanks for the insight Mark and Sensimilla.

For the record, I have found similar flavors in SSH and MH as the La Nina though I have not had one with the incense/pepper thing that I got with the Silver Haze and NL5 x Haze from Sensi back in the early/mid 90's. I have a cut of SSH from the mid 90's with the incense/pepper and found the flavor, again, in a pack of SSH a couple of years ago.

For the record, I have found similar flavors in SSH and MH as the La Nina though I have not had one with the incense/pepper thing that I got with the Silver Haze and NL5 x Haze from Sensi back in the early/mid 90's. I have a cut of SSH from the mid 90's with the incense/pepper and found the flavor, again, in a pack of SSH a couple of years ago.
So what do you think Ronin, are Hz and MM related? I'd like opinions from those who have smoked plants from both lines.
N.
PS did you get those photo's sorted out? Ask Admini for help if you're having trouble.

I am retarded high off of SSH hash and MH kief. Crazy high. Typing is hard and rather amusing. It seems kinda senseless so I am going to answer you and re-approach the pic issue at a later time.

:D :D :D

I hope all of you had a nice holiday, or days, whatever you celebrate and even if you celebrate nothing - I wish you all happiness, freedom, success, and some keepers.

Back