La Niña: 12/12 from seed Organic grow

Repotting, Male selection and broken lady

Day 23

Temps: 25.5 º pH: 6,4​

I've selected the three most vigorous males (2xLa Niña 1xCBD Widow) and discarded all the others. I've kept all the females and repotted them all, apart from 1 La Niña due to the lack of space.

During the repotting process CBD Widow#3 split in two and I duck tapped her. I had my doubts this would work due to the extent of the injury. :eek:

Regards,

TheZ

Attachments

• Soil.jpg
    Soil.jpg
    723.1 KB · Views: 9
  • setup.jpg
    setup.jpg
    928.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Day 23.jpg
    Day 23.jpg
    959.2 KB · Views: 26
  • cbd#3.jpg
    cbd#3.jpg
    793.7 KB · Views: 23
Inoculation, GA3 and C99

Day 28

Temps: 25.5 º pH: 6,3​

I prepared a Bacterial/Mycorrhizae inoculant using Bactohemp and this will be the second inoculation.I don't know if it's from using this soil or from the previous inoculation but... I'm watering 150mL every 5 days. The soil feels pretty dry, but the plants are loving it and are not showing water deprivation symptoms. Apart from the CBD Widow male that appeared to be in the need for some water. I used to water more often at this stage, I guess.

At day 28 I decided to start treating the not-repotted-La Niña(3L) with 100ppm GA3 (gibberellic acid) in order to reverse it and produce some female pollen to be used and stored for later crosses. My previous attempts were not successful, so I increased the dosage this time. Also, my C99 germinated, with peculiar long and thin leaflets. I will also attempt to fully reverse this lady:
C99 x La Niña
C99 x CBD Widow
C99 S1

If no male flowers are spotted in a week, I'll build a CS generator and try the Colloidal Silver method. I'm not that familiar with this method yet, any practical tips or observations for applying this procedure?

Regards,

TheZ

Attachments

• ga3.jpg
    ga3.jpg
    646.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Inoculant.jpg
    Inoculant.jpg
    744 KB · Views: 5
  • day 28.jpg
    day 28.jpg
    916.2 KB · Views: 4
  • day 28 2.jpg
    day 28 2.jpg
    993.5 KB · Views: 18
  • CBD #2 male.jpg
    CBD #2 male.jpg
    766.7 KB · Views: 14
  • La Niña male.jpg
    La Niña male.jpg
    857.5 KB · Views: 17
  • internode la nina.jpg
    internode la nina.jpg
    709.6 KB · Views: 11
  • c99 day 1.jpg
    c99 day 1.jpg
    623.9 KB · Views: 4
  • The tent.jpg
    The tent.jpg
    991.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Thanks Betterhaff, just what I needed. :)

La Niña & CBD Sweet and Sour Widow Organic 12/12 from Seed
(plus Neville's Skunk and C99)​

Day 32

Temps(soil level):25.7º (21ºC) pH: 6,1​

The male flowers were quite developed so I felt the need to place them elsewhere. Using cardbox, a 15w fluorescent and a cable + lamp cap, I've built a secure windproof container to harness the pollen. Just a big condom. :D

They are growing fine.

Regards,

TheZ

Attachments

• male box.jpg
    male box.jpg
    883.9 KB · Views: 8
  • light cable 2.jpg
    light cable 2.jpg
    776 KB · Views: 5
  • Male closet.jpg
    Male closet.jpg
    625 KB · Views: 4
  • The Males.jpg
    The Males.jpg
    847.1 KB · Views: 16
  • the males 2.jpg
    the males 2.jpg
    659.6 KB · Views: 11
  • The tent.jpg
    The tent.jpg
    983.6 KB · Views: 14
  • The tent 2.jpg
    The tent 2.jpg
    990.7 KB · Views: 6
  • internode LN.jpg
    internode LN.jpg
    795.3 KB · Views: 5
  • La Niña GA3.jpg
    La Niña GA3.jpg
    920.3 KB · Views: 11
  • NSK.jpg
    NSK.jpg
    782.5 KB · Views: 5
  • La Niña top.jpg
    La Niña top.jpg
    891.6 KB · Views: 4
  • C99 day 4.jpg
    C99 day 4.jpg
    508.5 KB · Views: 3
  • CBD Widow.jpg
    CBD Widow.jpg
    655.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Over.jpg
    Over.jpg
    966.2 KB · Views: 24

Day 40

Temps(soil level):26.5º (23.5ºC) pH: 6,4​

Hello MNS,

It's already been 40 days from seed. They're still stretching a lot. Budding is showing itself as airy-spear shape on some phenotypes of La Niña (eg. LÑ#3), stretching to 2x the size of when the first pre-flowers were spotted. But other phenos are still to start budding decently and they're stretching more (3x now).
CBD Sweet and Sour Widows are shorter, as you can see. The CBD#1 has starting to develop a massive airy bud. Basically a one bud plant that smells like Pomelo and some other citrus.

Some minor N deficiency was noticed at the lowers leaves and a mild nutrient solution of 0.5mS BioBizz Grow was given. This was the first time nutrients were added.

Another update coming soon, sorry for the delay with this one. ;)

Attachments

• Day40overall.jpg
    Day40overall.jpg
    933.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Overall2.jpg
    Overall2.jpg
    983.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Overall3.jpg
    Overall3.jpg
    949.6 KB · Views: 20
  • C99NEvdetail.jpg
    C99NEvdetail.jpg
    948.7 KB · Views: 14
  • CBD#1.jpg
    CBD#1.jpg
    887.6 KB · Views: 20
  • LA Niña top.jpg
    LA Niña top.jpg
    813.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Internode la nina.jpg
    Internode la nina.jpg
    873 KB · Views: 12
  • Internode la nina 2.jpg
    Internode la nina 2.jpg
    735.5 KB · Views: 15
  • another la nina.jpg
    another la nina.jpg
    791.6 KB · Views: 17
  • a3unetyb.jpg
    a3unetyb.jpg
    771.6 KB · Views: 15
  • lower branch.jpg
    lower branch.jpg
    764 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
probably thr cleanest grow I have seen posted. good job.

Thanks Skunkha, I don't really know what to say.

Day 44-45

Temps(soil level):27.2ºC (24ºC) pH: 6,3​

So, CBD are filling nicely and the aromas are getting more pronounced. From the CBD Widows I'm really experiencing sweet Pomelo. Very unique and different from other strains I've grown. I'm still to accurately describe the La Niña, for now citrus on some and metallic/mint will do.

I was expecting midget to low-mid height plants, considering the 12/12 from seed. This was not the case, as you can see.
Apical LST was performed on several La Niñas to keep them from getting out of control (ie. cuddling with the HPS and getting burnt). While doing this my "Thai Stick" La Niña broke near the top... Taking this as a cue, and since I've found several females who vegetated smoothly and are starting to flower quite well (that I'm not planning on losing), I took clones of the most interesting. Better late than never, hm? :D

They reacted quite well to both LST and taking clones during the flowering stage, not showing any signs of stress.

La Niña#3 is showing herself as an exquisite plant. Low-mid size(stretch x2), long thin leaves fan leaves with a weird "hugging the buds/pointing to the sky" orientation. Completely covered in trichomes near the buds, stalks and some leaves. The fan leaves are starting to get covered as well. This one has the metallic smell I was previously referring to. Some pistills are brown already, which may be a premonition for quick ripeness. Maybe, just maybe, this is my wonder pheno, who knows. (*SPOILER ALERT* - La Niña#3 clones have rooted and this pheno will be preserved!!!)

Kind regards and again, thanks for the feedback.

TheZ

Attachments

• Supercropping 44.jpg
    Supercropping 44.jpg
    984.8 KB · Views: 40
  • CBD 44.jpg
    CBD 44.jpg
    899.1 KB · Views: 29
  • La Nina 44.jpg
    La Nina 44.jpg
    893 KB · Views: 31
  • Broken top 45.jpg
    Broken top 45.jpg
    895.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Clones 1.jpg
    Clones 1.jpg
    793.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Tent 45.jpg
    Tent 45.jpg
    942.3 KB · Views: 21
  • LN3 45.jpg
    LN3 45.jpg
    888.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Day 48

Temps(soil level):26.5ºC (23.3ºC) pH: 6,5​

Hello MNS,

Some snapping is still being done to ensure La Niña's stretch doesn't lead them to the light fixture.

The La Niñas with #? (*) are not identified because I'm not 100% sure atm, I'll have to check them to make sure. I'll drop the info later.

La Niña#3 aka Resin Queen exhibits an extraordinary trichome production for a plant at this stage. The buds are also more developed than her relatives.

I can see some similarities between La Niña and CBD Widow, mainly between LN#3 and CBD Widow#3, as you can see. I like this type of bud development, seems to be very suited for growing with high relative humidity. The buds develop from a small single foxtailed clutch that ramificates, creating another foxtailed clutch at some point in its lengthening, that interlaces with the neighboring clutches. This leaves "pores" in the bud that allows for air to pass throw, preventing bud rot due still moist air. The RH is at about 60-70% during day and 80-90% at night. 99% when the lights are about to go on is not uncommon.

Share your previous La Niña grows, I would be delighted to hear and see your experience with this variety. :) My experience is being very rewarding, as I was not expecting all the plants to express the Thai/South American heritage to such a degree. They look as "wild" as some landraces I've seen in forums. Some interesting bud formations will be covered later on as they get more pronounced.

Regards,

TheZ

Attachments

• Tent 48.jpg
    Tent 48.jpg
    989.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Tent48.jpg
    Tent48.jpg
    974.6 KB · Views: 21
  • La Niña #4.jpg
    La Niña #4.jpg
    908 KB · Views: 51
  • Resin queen.jpg
    Resin queen.jpg
    902.8 KB · Views: 74
  • Resin queen detail.jpg
    Resin queen detail.jpg
    913 KB · Views: 29
  • Resin queen detail 2.jpg
    Resin queen detail 2.jpg
    906.3 KB · Views: 21
  • resin queen detail 3.jpg
    resin queen detail 3.jpg
    903.1 KB · Views: 16
  • La Nina icognito.jpg
    La Nina icognito.jpg
    891.6 KB · Views: 51
  • LN again icognito.jpg
    LN again icognito.jpg
    809.4 KB · Views: 19
  • LA Niña #10.jpg
    LA Niña #10.jpg
    893.7 KB · Views: 32
  • LN#10 Bent.jpg
    LN#10 Bent.jpg
    885.7 KB · Views: 18
  • CBD#1.jpg
    CBD#1.jpg
    895.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Main cbd#1 bud.jpg
    Main cbd#1 bud.jpg
    913.8 KB · Views: 25
  • CBD WIDOW#3.jpg
    CBD WIDOW#3.jpg
    898.9 KB · Views: 29
Thanks guys. :D

The 12/12 method surpassed my expectations. Even the widows are handling it well, CBD#3 main bud has an awesome structure.

I noticed one La Niña (the ?(*), that I will reveal later) has an distinct flower arrangement. What I think I'm seeing is a single compound calyx, composed by several fused calyxes, each with more than 2 pistills per each. Looks like some polyploids I've seen depicted, but it's different in a way I'm yet to describe with accuracy. I'll write about this later on, as it gets more developed and when I can take some decent macros for you guys to see. If the cuts I've taken from this LN survive, I'll cross it with itself to unveil the inheritance pattern of the trait.
This trait can be, supposedly, a beneficial addiction to certain strains to improve yield, since the bud area gets fairly improved. That is, if it can be passed on.

Kind regards,

TheZ

Day 64

Temps(soil level):27.5ºC (24ºC) pH: 6,1​

Hello MNS,

A mild nutrient solution with 0.6mS (approx. 0.8 mL of BioGrow and 1mL BioBloom) was given. This is the second feeding in the entire grow and it will be the last one.
I bought Cannabiogen's Delta Nueve and decided to give it a try. At day 60 a solution with 2mL/L was given, half of what is written in the package to prevent a tragedy. The method was foliar feeding, as the package states. Can't hurt much... I usually don't use stuff besides dolomite lime and the Grow/Bloom ferts. Hope this doesn't ruin it all! :D

La Niña with ?(*) notation, on the previous post, are LN#4 and LN#11, respectively. The one in this post is LN#11.

Buds are filling up at a fast pace. A delicate aroma impregnates the grow room, this doesn't smell like dank. Very difficult to describe, I'll save that for later.

Are you experienced with 12/12 from seed? Any advice? I'm planning on reducing the schedule to 11/13 when they hit day 85, to induce ripeness, as the temperature is starting to rise and will eventually become unpractical and deleterious.

C99 and Neville's Skunk were considered unpractical to keep, considering the tight schedule and closet. Cuts have taken and the ladies left the room for now.

Maybe I'll build a homemade yeast CO2 generator, we'll see. The last time I didn't noticed much difference but who knows what a second try would add.

Thanks for watching.

Regards,

TheZ

Attachments

• Tent 64.jpg
    Tent 64.jpg
    1,018.4 KB · Views: 40
  • another tent 64.jpg
    another tent 64.jpg
    1,015.1 KB · Views: 27
  • another LN 64.jpg
    another LN 64.jpg