La Niña: 12/12 from seed Organic grow

Hope alls well ! You mentioned some big updates and then nothing ...:confused: Maybe the announcment was that the weed is rocket fuel and you have been in a drug induced daze? :D I am intrested in the 12/12 from seed method myself and am planning on doing some experiments with that technique so am very intrested in your results . Plus it was a very well done thread as well!

Peace

Nice !

Looking Great!

I found LN did very very well at flowering set at 10 on / 14 off works great and will keep your Thai pheno shorter.

That Thai pheno is one many look for, nice find.;)

Hello MNS,

Due to several situations I was unable to keep up updating the journal. Life changes but I'm still here.
Do not be mistaken, I have all my notes still in place. I'm a mad record keeper.

So, pardon for promising a big update and not delivering. :D To compensate, I'll do several as my timetable allows me. I plan this to be finished on a week or so.

Hope things around are a bit more on the chill side and everyone is still being a nice lad, haha.

Just wait a couple of minutes and an update should follow.

Enjoy the ride.

TheZ

Last edited:
La Niña Organic 12/12 from Seed

Day 75

Temps(soil level):27.5ºC (25ºC) pH: 6,5​
Watering: 400mL

Hello MNS,

Here we go again.

Due to space management (the tent is full...) and being very undercared/feasted by thrips, CBD widows have been cut early. They appear not to thrive in a 12/12 schedule, according to my experience. It could be from the thrips in co-up with the 12/12... but in the end the bud wasn't developing well. Trichomes were very small and the coverage was limited. Their smell was really out of my liking spectrum. The best way I can describe it is by combining caramelized onion, some garlic and crystallized orange. I found it repugnant and a bit nauseating.

Now, the ladies! (more pics on my member gallery)

LN#3 (aka Resin Queen)
LN_3_2_.jpg

Up close where the freakishness is best viewed:
LN_3_3_.jpg

LN#5

LN_5_3_.jpg

Another weird bud expression:
LN_5_1_.jpg

LN#6 (aka Thai stick)
LN_6_3_.jpg

LN#7
LN_7_3_.jpg

LN_6_5_.jpg

LN#10
LN_10_1_.jpg

LN#11
LN_11_1_.jpg

LN#12
LN_12_1_.jpg

We can see several different phenotypes, no plant's a look-a-like here. I've noticed they all tend to display tri-leaflet leaves with some frequency. Some share certain traits, eg. the freakish bud formation on LN#3 and LN#5, as well as the overall conformation on LN#5 and LN#10 (and also LN#12 to a certain extent).
The smell is distinct. It's very different from other plants I've had. It's fresh, sweet and floral, with a bit of spice to it. Though it's not very strong. No hint of fruitiness, unfortunately. I can't describe it better at this point.

This is day 75 and I can see harvest approximating.

To celebrate this event, here is an inside picture of the tent. Thanks HPS for all the yellow!
day75-41.jpg

TheZ

Last edited:
La Niña Organic 12/12 from Seed

Day 83

Temps(soil level):28ºC (25.5ºC) pH: 6,2​
Watering: 600mL

Howdy MNS,

Last watering was with 1 TBS molasses/gallon of water. Photo-period regime change from 12/12 to 11/13.
The problem was I wasn't so sober when I did this, so the fans got out of sync with the lights, hence the temperatures went up for a couple of days. This, despite the slight damage it did and not being planned in any way, was a survival test. They manage to pass it with VERY HIGH score. Garanteed heat resistance! (SPOILER ALERT: No nanners registered in the end!)
You see, in my thermo-hygrometer I have registered 43,5ºC as a maximum during this two days without proper ventilation, also 35% RH which is very very dry. The watering schedule changed a bit to compensate the high evaporation along this two days, resulting in 200mL plus the normal 400mL.

They are reaching their ripeness, already some could be harvested, but since in doubt I prefer to take it a bit longer.
Regarding smell, someone told ginger phenotypes could be found, I find LN#10 similar to crystallized ginger, with some very slight fresh mint and pepper.

Considerations...
I'm expecting to harvest them in their mid 90's. The yield looks to very average, but considering this grow is taking approx. 90 days of 12/12 it's not bad. Some phenotypes appear to be capable of yielding 30g or more, others look very 15 or even maybe less. I had some problems during this grow, being able to conclude this is not a bad strain resisting thrips, taking into account that CBD Widow was very harmed. Also, heat resistant, as mentioned early. The trichomes are big and with big stalks, and the covere is above average, in some cases extreme. There are several phenotypes to be found. Regarding smell is all very similar with each having it's different notes of this and that, from Ginger to lemon and pepper, with the base chord being always present: floral sweetness. A lot of variation inside, although I feel this strain is not very adapted to indoor, ie. there are lanky phenotypes to be found, with huge internodal distance and airy buds. But the again, this could be due to 12/12 regime leading to some more "equatorial" Sativa phenotypes to be expressed. There are phenotypes (#12, #10, #5) are more capable of indoor growing, they pack some height but also a very decent weight. The stalks are not very resistant, on some (#4, #11), which are not that full and buds are collapsing a bit under their weight. Yes, I have air circulation around. ^^

More pics on my album.

(sorry for some pics being upside down and sideways, it just happened)

LN#11
IMG_02452.JPG

IMG_0316.JPG

LN#3 (Resin Queen)
IMG_0335.JPG

IMG_0343.JPG

IMG_03761.JPG

LN#10
IMG_0405.JPG

IMG_0408.JPG

LN#6 (Thai stick)
IMG_0420.JPG

IMG_0422.JPG

IMG_0423.JPG

LN#4
IMG_04761.JPG

Lower buds:
IMG_0482.JPG

Overall:
IMG_0658.JPG

Last edited:
So very nice. Nice to see the many ways a plant can express itself. Thanks for the share.

G`day Z

Well done . Nice log .

My exp with these Sativa heavy crosses is heat or very bright light [UV] encourages the tips of the buds to stretch like that . As ever some phenos more than others .
About half - three quarters of the way through flowering the lights can be raised a little and the plants moved out ward within the lamp foot print .
I see less fox tails and better terpenes when I do that .

It was old Hempy who I 1st heard talk about that . Sativas like diffused light rather than straight off the lamp . My experiences confirm it .

Appreciated you takin the time .

Thanks for sharin

EB ,

G'day Z,
some great pictures and excellent display of possible phenos in the Ln mix, nice work:D
Curious why you named the #6 as thaistick?
does it smoke like the ole sticks or the famed buddah sticks?

thanks for sharin

Hello guys,

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

Mr.BW, great to see that you're still around mate. ;)
La Resistance, I was very pleased with the smell during grow. I felt that maybe the harvest was a bit late on some: They were very fresh floral/sweet but not fruity during flower, but when harvested it was already more mature/ripe... a bit more acrid and tarish, if you feel me here, resolving on the mentioned fresh floral notes losing their front row. This latter tar-ish smells prevailing on the finished product. It was never dank strong smell but pleasing to the nose, complex and different. Not too confusing, I hope.

Elmer bud, Thank you for your input. I'm using 400w light with enriched spectrum and one of those closed ventilated reflectors. They are at least 20cm from it, and there's a mirror that's part of the reflector that filters a bit of light, so I'm assuming the culprit isn't here. Regarding the heat, well, they were already "jungly" before the 45ºC incident. The temperature on the grow room was about 20-22ºC during night and 26-29ºC with the lights on. Might be very much a combo of genetics expressing themselves on the given conditions, as I've grown several other strains with this parameters with no such occurrence (not using the 12/12 schedule though).

stavros, good day to you as well. I named #6 as "Thai Stick" based solely on phenotypical observations. This was prior to smoking her. She was lanky with very long internodes, that developed no larger than my index finger but very long, as pictured. Her high was for sure not for me... It was a racy, instant high that leaved a worried sensation of "something is about to go wrong", all the time. Worried me a bit too much, didn't enjoy that kind of rollercoaster high, I guess. But it can be without a doubt tagged as potent. Just not a potent I enjoy. It saddens me a lot, but I was not around when those Thai Sticks were on vogue, so it's impossible for me to make such comparison.

So...
Unfortunately, I've ran into a problem on my clone card box, as I was planning to report later, and so a lot of rooted clones were lost. Only #3 and #10 managed to survive. I felt that, although as breeding material #3 could be a very good choice due to massive gland production and short internodal distance, the overall bud structure was very Dali to me. As the high was nothing to be noted, nor the taste, I discarded it. The same cannot be said about #10, that only lacks on taste department. This could also be due to later-than-supposed harvest . Later descriptions will be included as I finish this grow log.
What I can say now is that I've kept her as a mother and her spawn is already with approx 15 days of 12/12. ^^ I'll report her later on another thread.

Next update soon, but don't take my word for it. :rolleyes:

Enjoy your smokes,

TheZ

Last edited:
do you find that taking clones from LN to be hard to root? i have for years had real good luck with almost any stain i would take but LN was 0 percent for me but i do believe my fault on this one but still i havent read much on this strain so i just was wondering if you had bad luck with cloning this strain. great strain and i found this one to yield very well indeed. RJ

Hiya Elmer cheers for some nice wisdom re light/heat and foxtailing. Nice 12/12 Z and thanks for the diary. I grew a couple out last year and will again, gonna veg em but.
peace and nice growing

vinnno

do you find that taking clones from LN to be hard to root? i have for years had real good luck with almost any stain i would take but LN was 0 percent for me but i do believe my fault on this one but still i havent read much on this strain so i just was wondering if you had bad luck with cloning this strain. great strain and i found this one to yield very well indeed. RJ

They're not hard at all to root RATJACK, well at least to my experience. I've sucessfully cloned LN#10 with just a glass filled with pHed water, near a window, but not that much. Took about 11 days to develop roots. The others I've cloned on normal jiffy with a bit of Clonex on the steam and I took the clones under 12/12 regime, with a bit of prefloweres that I removed.
Also, a friend using F1 La Niña seeds made using a male, selected for its vigor and overall fitness, and my females, managed to take and root clones as well. His where even more vigorous, but his cloning conditions are different than mine, so can't really comment on that much.

Try the water cup method, simple and you might be suprised. :)

Thanks vinno, have you some information on yours? How were the smells?

Hiya Z yes, I'm remembering taste more than the aroma...I've been meaning to post some pics on a thread I have here i think it is 'Veez mns grows' I'll see if I can get around to it this eve. Now I wanna grow some again lol. trying to describe the smell...i keep thinking 'aeroplane fuel' or 'rubbing alcohol' combined with an exotic type aroma...maybe something from the widow? Not particularly fruity, though definitely a unique aroma nonetheless. I should study my strains more but I am jus trying to keep up to my meds (oh, and have fun too ;) )
Peace and nice growing Z I wish I could describe her better lol.
Vinno

thanks for the info and i have done the water glass method one time and your right it does work, but im stubburn and want my method to be stellar but i guess i can always go back to what works its just me having fun with nature you know what i mean? RJ

thanks for the info and i have done the water glass method one time and your right it does work, but im stubburn and want my method to be stellar but i guess i can always go back to what works its just me having fun with nature you know what i mean? RJ

Yes, enjoy it. ;) I've also cloned it straight to Light mix soil and added a bit of perlite, keeping the soil wet, but not damp. Also daily mists of pH water to 6,2. Took about a week to see some root development.

Regards

TheZ

Back