Jars

^^^^^ every time I try to order Pump-N-Seal they are out of stock! But I've only been trying for 2 years so I'll keep at it!

Longball

Deach69 said: "Along these lines, I've been contemplating these, does anyone have experience with such things? Grove Bags"

When I last looked at those, the 1oz bags could only be bought 1,000 bags for 900USD. One pound bags were 100 bags for 498USD! They can shove those bags up their ass. Around here, Walmart's has not had clear quart size mason jars for a year. Any size brown/black mason jars are non-existent for the last year. It is the same with Home Depot, Lowe's, etc. Occassionally grocery stores will have some but I refuse to pay the price. Reporting from the Capital District region of New York.

Longball

Deach69 said: "Along these lines, I've been contemplating these, does anyone have experience with such things? Grove Bags"

When I last looked at those, the 1oz bags could only be bought 1,000 bags for 900USD. One pound bags were 100 bags for 498USD! They can shove those bags up their ass. Around here, Walmart's has not had clear quart size mason jars for a year. Any size brown/black mason jars are non-existent for the last year. It is the same with Home Depot, Lowe's, etc. Occassionally grocery stores will have some but I refuse to pay the price. Reporting from the Capital District region of New York.

Longball
Theyre selling them individually, still expensive IMO, unless they are reusable. I don't understand the "science" behind them, which is why I asked if anyone else is familiar with them.

Longball
Just scored 10 flats of Wide mouth quarts @ $13 each tax included at Target.... Looking for the colored ones now.....

I'll tell you I remember saying in the late 80s that ammo was the currency of the future, and it is. Shit I bought in 87' was like .10 a round for 7.62 and .223 my buddies thought I was nuts spending 2k a year on bulk. Now.... they want to buy my bulk for cost ....
Who's nuts now?

I'll have jars for $50 a pop in 30 years.

You dont miss your water til your well runs dry.

šŸ¤™mu
Everyone should have a Katadyn or similar system for *those* times.....you know, the ones coming soon to a location near you ?

I cannot say enough about getting a good Dillon reloading press and stocking primers and powder.
I also have a Corbin bullet swage press so all I need is some dead soft copper tubing (hello A/C install lines) and some soft lead to make most any bullet in any caliber I can conceive.
Saw it coming in the 90's when I lived in California so I happily am if anything, overly stocked up.

Had a real tough time finding them fall of 2020. The ones I found were not wide mouth, and were expensive šŸ˜. Since then Iā€™ve seen widemouth at Walmart and Canadian Tire a few times for decent prices. Scooped up two packs myself

Everyone should have a Katadyn or similar system for *those* times.....you know, the ones coming soon to a location near you ?

I cannot say enough about getting a good Dillon reloading press and stocking primers and powder.
I also have a Corbin bullet swage press so all I need is some dead soft copper tubing (hello A/C install lines) and some soft lead to make most any bullet in any caliber I can conceive.
Saw it coming in the 90's when I lived in California so I happily am if anything, overly stocked up.
I have 3 different Katadyn water filters, my fourth will be their salt water desalinator, someday. It's quite pricey. I don't know anything about bullets, do they expire, go bad?

I have 3 different Katadyn water filters, my fourth will be their salt water desalinator, someday. It's quite pricey. I don't know anything about bullets, do they expire, go bad?
They get used.
But no, as a rule they don't go bad.
I've fired WWII surplus quite a few times and have shot more than a few of ones I reloaded 30 years ago or so and never had a single problem.
Of course you have to store them correctly, dry and cool.

^^^^^Would suggest testing these first as the types I've tried have 'leaked' on me. The smell is not leaking through the glass so it must be the seal. I suspect with the clasp on such a small part of the lid is not applying pressure evenly on the lid. Hopefully the type you are using works better than the one's I've tried.

Longball

^^^^^Would suggest testing these first as the types I've tried have 'leaked' on me. The smell is not leaking through the glass so it must be the seal. I suspect with the clasp on such a small part of the lid is not applying pressure evenly on the lid. Hopefully the type you are using works better than the one's I've tried.

Longball
Not all jars are created equal. Mine don't leak, easy to check, fill with water and hold upside down. Can upgrade the seals on most of them as well or use two.

crazyhorse73 said: Not all jars are created equal. Mine don't leak, easy to check, fill with water and hold upside down. Can upgrade the seals on most of them as well or use two.

Glad it is working out for you. We all need good storage jars to preserve our medicine.

I do not store water in my jars. Water molecules are much bigger than the 'gas' molecules our medicine produces so water molecules are not likely to leak out. Using similar jars to yours pictured - I can not say that they are the same jar by the same company, so possibly different results- I put the medicine in those jars and put the jars in a sealed box and then double-sealed the box with gaff tape, wrapped the box in a towel, an placed it in a lockable ice chest.

2 days later I checked the jars. All was good until I took the gaff tape off the box and opened it. All I could smell was medicine. As glass does not leak, it had to be the lids! Took out the medicine, fill jar with water, put lid on, held upside down, no water leak! The lids are leak proof!

Due to the immutable Laws of Physics and the fact that those jars have a clamping force in only one spot, it is a physical impossibility for the seal to be clamped with equal pressure all around the lid. For this reason, over time, they will always leak medical gas. As gas leaks out, oxygen leaks in, and then.... Please don't shoot the messenger! :(

I tried a lot of experiments after my first harvest to see what works best to keep my medicine airtight. I found that most products are designed to separate you from your money. I talked to my grandparents who had a huge garden, and preserved their harvest, said it would stay fresh for near 10 years, hmmmmm..........

I hope those jars continue to work well for you! :)

Longball

Huge mt olive pickle jars are 6$ at wlmart and you get a free gallon of pickles! And you can fit you whole hand in there if you need toā€¦ cant do that with many mason jars. Good luck.

I just bought a case of Ball smooth-sided1-quart jars at Walmart for $9. I guess that's more than I paid last time I bought them, but I don't recall.

Soon to be filled with haze! And, with chili crisp! Good things take time. :)

Back