Is it possible I received feminized seeds?

Mellowm00d

Not a complaint, rather I'm very delighted!

All my seeds I bought from you guys sprouted.
Either I hit the genetic lottery, or you gave me feminized seeds?
Wondering why I have only females when about half should be male?
In my limited understanding of genetics I assumed some males would show. But none they've all shown female.

I have not one male from your batch of seeds.
I popped from a few different companies but those were the only to show up signs of males.
Could it be I'm lucky and since I'm not using a huge sample size approximately 30+ plants from mr. nice they just all happened to be ladies?

My el Chapo seeds from unknown origin showed mostly male and were pulled immediately.
The Dutch Passion shamans are from a different seed company I'm growing so I can have at least one sativa were feminized seeds and all showed female as expected.

I just am surprised as I was expecting 40 to 60 percent males from your regular seeds via the auctions. You mentioned you have extra seeds since they are regular.
I'm thoroughly pleased with everything since I'm not at breeding stage yet I'm just curious how or why this is so in my garden.

For refference I bought from Mr. Nice and sprouted
1 entire pack of Medicine Man, plus the extra seeds they included.
Some Ortega,
Some Master Kush x Skunk.

Background:
I still have some other varieties from Mr Nice. But I wanted to pheno hunt medicine man particularly for my own medical needs.
The other seeds are a bonus for me.
I have never tried Ortega so I was curious what its smoke is like.
Skunk is one of my favorite terpenes profiles that I want to bring back I miss that smell.
Thank you for the opportunity to grow my own medicine! Medicine man indica dominant is my all time favorite. I have one MM showing a sativa pheno and smells citrusy so far.
The rest seem indica dominant short and bushy.
IMG-20200713-WA0003.jpegBut I'm still in veg these pics are a little old my new pics are too large to upload I'll follow up with more pics if there is interest. Currently outdoors on a balcony. All organic soil and worm castings ferts.
Looking forward to any insight into my grow.
Cheers!

In my limited understanding of genetics I assumed some males would show. But none they've all shown female.

I popped from a few different companies but those were the only to show up signs of males.
Could it be I'm lucky and since I'm not using a huge sample size approximately 30+ plants from mr. nice they just all happened to be ladies?

My el Chapo seeds from unknown origin showed mostly male and were pulled immediately.
The Dutch Passion shamans are from a different seed company I'm growing so I can have at least one sativa were feminized seeds and all showed female as expected.

I just am surprised as I was expecting 40 to 60 percent males from your regular seeds via the auctions. You mentioned you have extra seeds since they are regular.
I'm thoroughly pleased with everything since I'm not at breeding stage yet I'm just curious how or why this is so in my garden.

Some Ortega,

Background:
I still have some other varieties from Mr Nice. But I wanted to pheno hunt medicine man particularly for my own medical needs.
Skunk is one of my favorite terpenes profiles that I want to bring back I miss that smell.
Thank you for the opportunity to grow my own medicine! Medicine man indica dominant is my all time favorite. I have one MM showing a sativa pheno and smells citrusy so far.
View attachment 45658But I'm still in veg these pics are a little old my new pics are too large to upload I'll follow up with more pics if there is interest. Currently outdoors on a balcony. All organic soil and worm castings ferts.
Cheers!
Nice plants.
They look sweet in bags.
Please update
I just got 12/12 female from regular seed. I guessed it was spectrum from a new LED UFO
If you got 30 from 30 too bad you weren't bowling or playing roulette.

I had the same, that I believed were a different strain and feminised.think ended with 38 females, with few given to friends to see what they got.. still few left in straws, got sick of trying to find a male to convince me I had the strain I purchased .... nobody rather Shanti didn't want to know about it and from me it was meant as a 'can you i.d this strain and tell me what I have' .. I believe mistakes can happen sometimes, nobody perfect or system is perfect, even if some want to say it is... Especially when dealing with clearence and seconds stock..

Some Ortega,

Background:
View attachment 45658But I'm still in veg these pics are a little old my new pics are too large to upload I'll follow up with more pics if there is interest. Currently outdoors on a balcony. All organic soil and worm castings ferts.
Cheers!
Do the plants match their desriptions or what you expect them to be like?
Did you get any nasty intersexing when they presexed?
The later MM are good ones, especially the citrus recessive. Hope it's a strong one.

Back