In search of the legendary La Niña

G`day Vajra

Going back about 12 months I read a La Nina log by Leet .

lanina45daysfloweringhazy.jpg

http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/la-ni%F1/547-la-nina-flower-shots.html

Hey elmer,

Yes that was the thread that really got me oriented toward the La Nina! I can't say what exactly it is about the slender, crystalized flowers L33t shows off in that thread, but wow! I bet you felt the same way.

In fact, it was the clarification that a MM mother was used that intrigued me from the outset (I probably shouldn't have referred to it as "hazey" it is just that L33t called his pheno the "hazey pheno", and I am hunting for her in my pack). I had seen the Old Mother Sativa thread somewhere, and some of those old photos of the huge buds just blew my mind.

I am excited to grow this plant, but I am curious about the way the plants look. I understand that plants can look indica yet smoke like sativas, and vise-versa, and I will let you all know how they turn out, but they really do look like Shit, or other skunk plants I have grown. They don't look anything like L33ts (well, maybe #3 does a little bit), and neither did Scrogs.

Still, as I reported in the first post, my previous LN grow produced a very indica looking plant that had a wonderful high, very uplifting and clear.

I have made F2's of each plant from two LN males, so I will have more of this genetic line to work with later. I also have seeds from crosses of SSH x LN, MH x LN from two well-selected mothers (MH & SSH). One never knows how long seeds will be available by mail, so I am glad I made these crosses.

Did you ever see plants that looked like the one you posted of L33ts?

By the way, seems like L33t has been gone for some time.

vajra

Last edited:
varja

I love the pics

Honestly i for sometime have had the itch to grab that la nina an both Unc
L33t and the revelation that MM is the mother persuaded that feeling .

Unc L33t is well he is also around just not posting much these days

Best of luck

1luvbigherb

harvest update, no pics yet

I cut all of them at day 72, after 48 hours in darkness. Actually, I didn't have time to harvest and trim them on day 70 (when I wanted to take them down, just to evaluate them at day 70 before another run), so I kept them in the dark to see if it helped with trich coverage in a noticeable way. Can't say that it did, but I will say that trich coverage on two of the plants was heavy.

I took the top cola of each plant and am drying it for a cure to stay within my medical weight limits. All the rest was made into hash using the now-popular dry ice bubble bag method. I am impressed, btw. It is essentially an easy way to get dry sift, retaining all the water-soluble terpenes (that is my guess, not established fact, but considering that there is no water involved, there is nothing to wash away water soluble terpenes....)
My yield was a few grams or more from each plant (no scale) of blonde trichs, using a 73 micron bag, followed by a 110 micron bag shaking for 30-40 seconds only. Quick, easy, and the product is beautiful. This is what I will be doing from now on.

I had an ounce of 8-month cured indica (Mandala's Point of No Return) that I wanted to reduce into hash, and I must say, it responded very well to the dry ice method: total retention of potent piney scent, just like the buds. Also, whereas the La Nina had been frozen directly after harvest, the indica was obviously dry and well-cured. The resulting hash from the two batches was different: the fresh-frozen La Nina was gooey and sticky almost like bubblehash, and the dried, cured, indica was powder. I will dry my plants before dry-ice-hashing them from now on because I liked the way it handled better than the fresh-frozen, and yield was excellent for both.

Yes, I did give a few smoke tests, and though I will wait to report further when the buds have dried and cured (expect to hear back in the middle of December), let me at least say that the hash from LN #3 & LN #4 was excellent sativa. As I had said regarding Scrog's thread, I was confused by his report of a heavy intense mental journey without clarity. I do not want anything like what he reported, I want what L33t and Ronin reported: inspiring, uplifting, groovy sativa. And that, mns-ers, is what I got. I can't say for sure that I have a "hazey" pheno like L33t, but these plants are like SSH without the body hit. More later, as I am going without thc until the buds are cured, so my senses and nervous system will be quite virginal for the celebration of early cured La Nina buds.

Just purchased a Magic Flight Launch Box vaporizer, which delights me, and was a breeze to use for the hash. This is what I will be using later. BTW: stay tuned for the harvest of pictures of these plants, where I compare the harvest of four LN phenos alongside my prized Mango Haze, Super Silver Haze, and a Dolce Sativa from Chimera (the only one I got out of a pack--bad seeds that Chimera tried to replace but which were ruined in the mail. that is still an open book situation, as I wait for him to replace the replacement. regardless, Dolce Sativa is worth everyone's attention)

All these plants were harvested together on day 72, all will be dried and cured similarly, and all will be reported on, with lovely photographs.....unless, of course, people would rather use this thread to proliferate an endless stream of negative comments to one another, make accusations that go nowhere, and become defensive over unskillful remarks that should be ignored instead of recognized. I suppose I should let the MNS crew decide. The pictures are cool, so that might sway your decision...

But between now and then, if you are on the fence about La Nina, don't be. You will marvel over her. Easy to grow, fast, easy to trim, beautiful to look at. This is a special plant, you are all special growers, and I think the two of you could make some special music together.

And no, there were no hermie issues at all from the five females grown from seed. Nor on any of my other MNS strains fwiw. And the yield on two out of five has been wonderful, the others low but worthwhile anyway.

best to everyone at the beginning of these holidays.

vajra

Last edited:
Back