In Search of the Holy Grail

Ha the 30x pics were planned until my laptop blew up. Now reinstalling software onto new laptop. Hold on, I can't find the software to run my microscope! A delay.
Smoked some green HG this morning. It has great flavor though not quite as significant as the HS which is excellent- chlorophyll and all lol.
Here's another photo dump after my late night adventure.

hgbud 4_8.jpg

hgbud 1 4_5.jpg

hgbud 2 4_5.jpg

hgbud 3 4_5.jpg

hgbud 4 4_5.jpg

hgbud 5 4_5.jpg

hgbud 6 4_5.jpg

🤙Mu

Thank you Mu for this serious grow journal.

i haven t seen a lot of them along the years...

i agree with you that from one pack of Mns seeds one usually find several good plants...

Now if you want to increase exponentially your chances to find a blue ribbon champion, just try to do a selection from two packs of seeds of a given strain.

i have been doing like this since my sensi seed days.

This simple trick could change your farmer life entirely.

Keep it up...

Last edited:
Aloha fellow Firewalkers!

Thanks for the good advice @Paky One! I wish I had the room to grow out 50 plants at a time, that would make me happy for sure.

And thanks to @afgan hound for the reminder to take a moment yesterday to acknowledge Howard's anniversary.
So for elevenses I rolled the first number of some Holy Grail that's been cut and hanging for 12 days now.

hg ash 4_10.jpg

The first draw is of licorice. The second continues the anise taste. Very smooth smoke attributed to the cool, slow dry. All I remember is the thought that, "it's like using a clean eraser on a chalkboard, erasing one's mental blackboard of worries and ramblings.
hg popc 4_10.jpg
The rest of the afternoon and evening was a fog, though I do remember some macadamia nut chocolate caramel clusters 😋. TBC.

🤙Mu

Holy Grail #3 is all that remains standing. She'll come down today or tomorrow. She smells strong reeking of classic haze smell- acrid spice, fuel, fragrant herbs. With the addition of AC, she has a deeper, more complex smell. She's got some weight ; buds are denser than NH. While I like the viny specimens, I'm hoping these columnar expressions pan out as they would work better in an ID grow compared to the wandering, viny ones. But theres something intriguing about the vine lol. I fed them similar to the NH and babied them on the light timing until it became necessary to cut light just to coax them into finishing. A 15-16 week plant, a little shorter than the NH cycle. I'm hoping for the soaring highs I get from Neville's. If that joint the other day is any indication, I will not be disappointed.

hg #3a 4_15.jpg

hg #3b 4_15.jpg

🤙 Mu

Congratulations musashi, mouth watering plants!🍔🧁🥮🎂🍭🍬🍫 Do you have a trichs picture? If the plants were mine, I'd give them at least two more weeks. My haze hybrids have a bad habit of almost doubling the resin in the last few weeks. I am looking forward to germinating my holy grail, thank you very much for this great thread.

Now is when I start to get excited. Plants are getting spaced out in the room and lights raised to nearly max height. Plant bottoms are all trimmed up. The plants are becoming more defined, perfectly spaced nodes and bud sites popping up everywhere! Humidity in the room is stabilizing and odors are coming into play. LST; plants are getting bent and staked. LED lateral lighting is being added to the mix. Big strong stalks remind me of my prudence in limiting to 5 gallon pots. The morphology is amazing! The mana is strong!

Her majesty!
View attachment 49268

🤙Mu
I know I'm late to the party but omg that is so beautiful. The size of those fan leaves and those rich colors. Man. So.amazing.

Back