I can't remember being this excited....

grover any pics of you keeper mate. your thread is one of the most informative i have ever read without pics mate. i have a bulging pack of these so might set a few of and give them to a mate to get a sample of what to expect from them. so the longer the flowering the the bigger the yield and better the smoke? threes a few weeks before hes got the room for them as hes trying a few of the other mns strains i have tried now. you have got me wanting to try these now. if he get a really nice plant from the seeds i can always get a cutting of it and use it as a mother. its my luck lately to give him the bast plant out the pack lol.

hey brockie - there were loads of pics but I had to remove them due to a security issue....

I'll reload a few when I get a minute

here's a few photos that survived the delete. various phenos.

Attachments

• A959.JPG
    A959.JPG
    374.3 KB · Views: 81
  • A960.JPG
    A960.JPG
    385.1 KB · Views: 71
  • A964.JPG
    A964.JPG
    489.2 KB · Views: 83
  • A965.JPG
    A965.JPG
    471.5 KB · Views: 113
thanks grover for putting the pics up mate lovely buds mate. i will defo have to get some germinated once there's room in my mate room. hes just went 12 hour with his plant so should be about 8 weeks mate but looks worth the wait.:) hope you security's ok now mate if not by all means take the pics back down. you security's alot more important than anyone having a look at a few pics grover.;)

Hi All

seems like these plants are doing well for many people and I have seen privately some of the largest colas ever coming out of this hybrid. So it seems like one of the up and coming plants at MNS from what I read in the pms and on certain threads.

Good work and well done...would like to hear a few smoke reports of the different plants and why you selected the mother you did? All the best sb

Hi SB,

Thanks for stopping by....

Yes, this plant is certainly gaining a fast reputation!

This cross seemed to throw up a few phenos. There were no 'bad' phenos to be avoided, so it's a great one for making a choice based on personal tastes and needs.

All the plants fell into 2 main catagories.

1) The shorter flowering Critical Mass leaning phenotypes.

These all finished before 9 weeks. They leaned between the skunky-bud style and the afghan cola style. They still stretched but there was less flowering sites and the flowers were more concentrated.
These plants all had a powerful, heavy-hitting thump which ranged between the slightly recreational to the outright heavy. One in particular was hugely powerful. HUGELY powerful.

The yields from these phenos was less than from the longer flowering phenos but still pleasant, especially considering how quickly they finished.

The growing aromas are heavy sweet citrus with a broad sickly-sweet berry bottom. The smell is not subtle. Powerful extraction and filtration are recommended.

Of course the resin is frosty and noticeable.

The finished product is tight, light goldish green with HUGE bag appeal.

The flavas are heavy strong pink grapefruit with musty/skunky/earthy edges. They cure to lemon candy and are distinctive.

The smoke is soft and thick and full of flavour.

A quick finishing, fast growing, fun, commercial product of strong broad-based medical application. Some with slight recreational quality. Very low paranoia. Medium level anti-anxiety. Low/Medium level anti-depressant.

The second phenotype I will outline in the next post....

Grover

Last edited:
Head Thumping !!

Although The Mango Haze Comes Across As King In The Trio Of Strains I Am Growing , Early Haze being The Other And The As Yet Tried ( Finished ) Critical Haze.
Grover:)s ; Your Description of It's Effect On The Old Noggin Makes One Dribble , Lol.
Saying That The Mango Haze Is Some Very Impressive Herb
Sure has Motivated Me
Looking Forewards To Harvesting The Critical Haze
Joe:)

great descriptions Groover..
Makes my thread look like a picture book, whilst yours is like a detailed novel.. LOL :p

great work all the same..

Peace
BL

ps. I have a couple of friends who are a little overwhelmed with the stretch.

I agree. The vigour is shocking!

Are you thinking minimal veg time and a SOG style? Instead of trees?

I am considering it. My bros' stalk just snapped from the weight of cola....and the better I get with the plant's yield the more like a train-wreck my garden looks!!! Heavy buds lolling all over....

aaah yes, the second pheno......

2) The longer flowering hazey phenos

These were the plants that flowered over that 9 week period. The longer the flowering period the fluffier the buds.

The smells are very similar to the first pheno, as are the tastes....except 1 very important thing......HAZE.

Yes, you don't really smell it so much but once you spark up, some of these phenos have a very pronounced and surprising haze flava, especially on the inhale...It is just awesome.

Again, the flavours cure down to a lemon-candy but with a beautiful haze twist

The yields on these plants are nothing short of breath-taking. I didn't have 1 that wasn't a monster. They growth rate is probably similar to the first pheno but because these guys have an extra 3 or 4 weeks, they just keep going! Madness.

The nute regime can be a little less taxing as they are not quite as sensitive. I did notice that the really long flowerer was very light sensitive and didn't like N. It would grow leafy with a N feed.

The highs are different from the indica phenos in that they are much more recreational. The horribly potent thump of the Critical Mass is toned down and tempered with a wonderful euphoria that, whilst not up to heights of the Mango Haze, leaves you giddy when combined with the body hit that the Mango just doesn't have...in short, with selection, you can find a plant that is perfectly balanced in the indica/sativa spectrum. As Billy mentioned, anybody growing plants like the S.A.G.E. will come over to this now.

In terms of commercial appeal, this pheno has all that the other pheno offered (with one exception) stacks of sticky resin, beautiful looking buds, soft smoke, bag escaping stink, stunning flava, strength. The difference is the high... Those customers who like The Cheese will LOVE this. Those that like White Widow are better off with the other pheno. The exception to this is the really long flowerer. It's buds are loose and has much less body. Whilst it is a worthwhile grow and great head stash, I don't see it as a commercial keeper. It can take 12 weeks or more to finish (mine was cut at 12 weeks but had at least 10 days more in it...) and its buds are not as tight.

Again, the smoke is soft and thick and full of flavour but with added Haze.

A vigorous growing, heavy yielding, fun, commercial product of massive recreational quality. Some very noticeable medical applications, such as insomnia and eating dis-orders. Very very low paranoia. Good anti-anxiety. Medium/good level anti-depressant. Amazing 'West-Coast' style flava.

I will outline my keeper in the next post...

hey Grover

Nice reports on the different phenos, thanks for sharing your experience with the CH mate

Dude I love how you push Critical to the Extreme!

Go Grover, it's your BDAY, Get Critical & Get Wild!D

Now pop, that critical, pop pop that critical

pop, that critical, pop pop that critical

Make the buds touch her toes LOL

-Smoke :D

I agree. The vigour is shocking!

Are you thinking minimal veg time and a SOG style? Instead of trees?

I am considering it. My bros' stalk just snapped from the weight of cola....and the better I get with the plant's yield the more like a train-wreck my garden looks!!! Heavy buds lolling all over....

I think this would be a good candidate for a "lolli-pop" SOG removing all lower branching and flowering lots of quite tall single cola plants.

such a commercial bud needs a commercial growing style.. you could still do this method with a week or so veg with cuts from a healthy mother I think.

I'm sure Shanti mentioned loli-popping for growing SSH in SOG, and that removing the lower branches, throws the plant straight into flowering mode, even quicker to flower them... I'd grow through some kind of net to stabilise the heavy top colas tho.

Peace
BL

ps. great descriptions, once again, think I'll have you do my homework for me.. hehehe

haha wish I lollipopped this baby. Buds lolling everywhere. See how much plastic twine there is holding them up...it's still not enough!

We are only in wk4....uh oh!

Attachments

• CH1025.jpg
    CH1025.jpg
    435.6 KB · Views: 182
  • CH1027.jpg
    CH1027.jpg
    391.9 KB · Views: 91
Back