HP-13

Scrog

I was hoping someone could shed some light on the original Hash Plant #13. I hear tons of great reviews on it but I can't seem to find any solid information on its origins or if and where those genetics are being preserved.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Scrog

I was hoping someone could shed some light on the original Hash Plant #13. I hear tons of great reviews on it but I can't seem to find any solid information on its origins or if and where those genetics are being preserved.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Scrog

hopfully i can shed som light

the hp13 is thought to be a pure afghani maintained in afghanistan by a family for many years brought to cali and made its way to NYC ,its also said their could be possible thai influence in the hp13,its also thought to possibly be a afghani Xthai that has origins in hawaii

the hp13 has nothin to do with sensi seeds the mrnice is a g13 Xhp hybrid i believe made by neville in honor of howard marks one of the biggest hash smugglers of all time

Originally Posted by JJ-NYC
I hold the HP13 and the Skelly cuts. Seems the 13 might have some sativa influence, it can be topped and has a little stretch for a HP. It has an insane bag appeal with it's super stinky skunky smell. That used to be the taste also but it has faded over the years and the high has never really been super strong but nice

IME i had hp from nyc back in 04 i though to be hp13 which IMO was some of my alltime favorite herb, i truly love hashplants,although there are not many liines availble these days ,the few ive experienced were exceptional ,top of the line really

i wish mns would release nevilles old hashplant pure and the famous mr nice g13hp that has faded at sensi seed bank

1luvbigherb

Hi Bigherb,the HP13 sounds really good,i too am a lover of hashplant and all things indica!Im growing Hasplant right now.

Im intrested where you say sensis g13hp has faded,ive read lots of things like this on various forums and the general opinion is sensis strains arent what they used to be.

Why is this?Did they lose mother plants or something?And when did strains start fading, recently or many years ago?

The original Hashplant was all indica, a short, stout plant with very glossy, dark leaves, yielded good, lost of resin.

Capt. Cuddlefish bought Sensi's Hashplant seeds in the 80s (86-88, my memory fails me on the exact year now) and the Cuddlefish Hashplant cutting is still doing the rounds, it's a good representation of the original apparently.

There is a cutting from Cali called HP#1 that is of unknown origins, some say it's a 70's Afghan, it looks a bit like Bubba Kush in the pics I've seen.

The Dutch banned growing for seed production in 1998, since then all the Dutch companies have been forced to work illegally using small underground illegal grow rooms, the Dutch police are rather efficient at busting grows and there is a big informer culture, they have informer hotlines and the Dutch general public are fond of using them if they suspect someone in their neighbourhood is growing. This means all the Dutch companies have had rooms bust multiple times and lost parental plants as a result, Sagarmatha lost all their stuff a few years ago.

So even if the original G13 x HP was killer as an F1 (it was) it doesn't take all that much in the way of poor selections from small populations to mess it up. Sensi probably haven't posessed either the G13 female or the HP male for many years now so they must have had to rework the strain from seed at least once.

Thanks for the info british hempire,it all makes sence now. So where is the best HP or G13HP seeds that can be bought now?
Not paticulary an original one but a good example by todays standards?

Hard to say where to get a good version these days. I grew Seedsman's HP a couple of years back and they were sativa dominant, wierd plants I wasn't impressed with.

Subcool sells a HP hybrid called Conquistador, it's the Cuddlefish HP crossed to a Ortega/C99 male, might be worth a look, supposed to yield really big but I've heard it's nothing special in quality terms.

For G13, unless you know someone who possesses the Airborne or Pacific cuts the only ones worth a look imho would be the G13 hybrids Shanti made for Mr Nice, at least you know they actually contain the real G13.

Detroit, Toronto, Detroit, BC, Toronto

Hi there,

I was hoping to join the discussion.

I am trying to figure out if the A-13 (not Apollo 13) is indeed G13xHP. I like to call the Airborne cut A-13.

My understanding is that its a mellow smoke. Any truth to that?

Does anyone know if the G13xHP is the same as the Airborne version or is it Neville's. I understand Swampy had the cut and created seed from it. Not sure as to what degree though. He offered the seed on a medical auction many years ago, and those that were lucky to get them got them...

Swampy later lost the cut. I recall him seeing a grower who grew out the seed from the auction post a few years later and Swampy being really excited to see it again. He said that is how it looked. The grower was kind enough to send the cut back to Swampy, even though Swampy himself reworked it... years before.

What impact to you guys think this will have over the original A-13 cutt?

Kind of wondering cause I was lucky enough to get the cut recently.

This all stems on my grows with Swampy and Reeferman's (G-13 x Butterscotch Hawaiian).

Here is a picture of Swampy's G-13xHP or Airbourne G-13. Maybe you guys can be a better judge as I have yet to flower it myself.

This one below was grown by the great Hashimoto.

G13may23.jpg

One,

Chana

I think that I have mentioned this before, G13 and Hash Plant were cuttings. I crossed HP to NL1, which was the strongest indica I've ener smoked and I put males from this to G13.
It was labeled HP1.G13. People have assumed that this was a straight HPxG13 cross, but this was not the case. Their was NO sativa in this hybrid which was sent far and wide.
If you were looking for pure indica, this was the one. If a good breeder kept this pure he should have been able to pull most indica types out of this. That was my intention.
N.

Back to Toronto...

Hi N,

Thanks for rehashing the pedigree again. I am sure you get asked that one a lot.

Just interested as I have the butterscotch Hawaiian and know your HP1.G13 which I gather from your post is not even close to Swampy's variation.

But I still think that the two cuts together is a great pairing. Very potent but minty and cool on the exhale. Grows very stout and dom like a good indica but Swampy's cross is really unstable. He created the Free Leonard by accident but when he planted the seeds the following year, the smoke turned out to be amazing high energy pain medicine. He grew them out for many years outdoors and shared them with many medical growers and smokers around the globe.

Maybe I can cross them together first to see if it grows and smokes anything like Swampy's version to get a better understanding of bringing stable traits by to the strain.

To your knowledge are there any breeders beside SB that did anything really nice with the HP1.G13?

Respect,

Chana

To your knowledge are there any breeders beside SB that did anything really nice with the HP1.G13?
You can be sure of it. Usually the name has been changed to protect the insecure, but not always. There is one guy I know who has reputedly taken it to a new level. I'm waiting for the seeds. This one should be really interesting. I'll keep you informed.
N.

You can be sure of it. Usually the name has been changed to protect the insecure, but not always. There is one guy I know who has reputedly taken it to a new level. I'm waiting for the seeds. This one should be really interesting. I'll keep you informed.
N.

I'll be watching and waiting Nev....

Anxiously......

There is one guy I know who has reputedly taken it to a new level. I'm waiting for the seeds. This one should be really interesting. I'll keep you informed.
N.
Hi Nev,
I would venture to say if anyone has truly, honestly, taken a G13 hybrid to the next level it would be our very own Shantibaba. Having recently trimmed up my G13 clones from harvest, I can tell you that Im quite impressed with the beta G13 x Sk from 2002/2003. My initial run with them, from memory, was not as fruitful as this most recent run. There is a bit of a difference between what I have, and what is currently on the market, though I ran the current version last season and found it a remarkable plant, all things considered, with my particular selected pheno that stood out tasting quite a bit like Diesel (not the plant, the fuel!)

Im extremely pleased to have this line in my possession, with clones from all plants doing just fine as well!

There is a very nice Danish guy called Hashbean who has a G13 project he has put a lot of work into called Klar, I think he started from G13/HP but I'm not sure. I think his main breeding goal was to maximise the yield of easily detached trichomes for hash making.

Reeferman has offered G13 derived from the Airborne cut, I grew it and it was garbage imho.

Worked with the SensiSeeds Hashplant sold in the stores (EU) right now. Sweetest smelling weed ever. Slow rooter/grower. Kinda hard to clone compared to haze hybrids from MNS. 1.5m big at max, really hard nugs, the bigger phenos are the better ones in my opinion. Less leafs, more bud.

In my friends opinion, the Hashplant from SensiSeeds is a very nice smoke and smells like "woah I want the whole bag!", candylike.

I know the chat about SensiSeeds beeing watered down or whatever (they are expensive, yes), but I had one pack and was very satisfied what I got from it. That's all I'm saying as a grownub.

Hi BH and J,

I am not sure if you took a look at Swampy's variation of the Airborne -13 that I posted earlier on?

From reading your post on G13 Jesse, I would say it looks a lot like the picture your posted of Vic Highs Airborne Cut.

Can anyone share a tast/high report with a brother... either Nev's or Airborne?

Cheers,

Chana

Hi BH and J,

I am not sure if you took a look at Swampy's variation of the Airborne -13 that I posted earlier on?

From reading your post on G13 Jesse, I would say it looks a lot like the picture your posted of Vic Highs Airborne Cut.

Can anyone share a tast/high report with a brother... either Nev's or Airborne?

Cheers,

Chana
Hi Chana :)
The Airborne G13 plant is rumored to be the G13 x NL, though its just that, a rumor, with little information available to verify its true origins or relation to the true G13 clone. If it is indeed the G13 x NL, and was selected well and managed to be kept alive all these years in its true form, its likely an excellent variety. While Vic High has been absent from the forums with his original handle for sometime now, I wouldnt be surprised to find out he is still quite active. Perhaps even here now at MNS? ;)

Other varieties that carry the G13 moniker, such as the Pacific G13'(s), are not even related to the true G13 hybrid. Though they may or may not be very good plants on their own. Ultimately anyone who wishes to find the a true G13 hybrid will have to do quite a bit of research on their own in order to determine/make up their own minds as to the validity of such marketing claims today! Few of us, under regular circumstances, would doubt AK47 to be G13 if it was labeled as such. (Who knows, maybe AK47 actually is something from Nev's G13 pool? Simon isnt exactly letting the cat out of the bag lol). As Ak47 as I know it, is quite strong, and most in marijuana circles think little of how much deception and marketing play a role in todays underground economy.

G-13 x Money

Hi Chana :)
The Airborne G13 plant is rumored to be the G13 x NL, though its just that, a rumor, with little information available to verify its true origins or relation to the true G13 clone. If it is indeed the G13 x NL, and was selected well and managed to be kept alive all these years in its true form, its likely an excellent variety. While Vic High has been absent from the forums with his original handle for sometime now, I wouldnt be surprised to find out he is still quite active. Perhaps even here now at MNS? ;)

Other varieties that carry the G13 moniker, such as the Pacific G13'(s), are not even related to the true G13 hybrid. Though they may or may not be very good plants on their own. Ultimately anyone who wishes to find the a true G13 hybrid will have to do quite a bit of research on their own in order to determine/make up their own minds as to the validity of such marketing claims today! Few of us, under regular circumstances, would doubt AK47 to be G13 if it was labeled as such. (Who knows, maybe AK47 actually is something from Nev's G13 pool? Simon isnt exactly letting the cat out of the bag lol). As Ak47 as I know it, is quite strong, and most in marijuana circles think little of how much deception and marketing play a role in todays underground economy.

Hi J,

Thanks for the response. It would seem it is always about reading labels but in our case all the labels are washed off or have been re-packaged...

What a waste of breeding energy when people put commerce into the mix.

Interesting perspective on the AK. I actually have some of his seeds going right now. So looking forward to doing my own diligence as you suggest.

I still like to think Simon is a good chap. Never met him personally but he seems he is in it for the right reason. Maybe I am wrong. But he has been stand up with me.

Any, thoughts on the pictures looking similar?

Just read your G-13/Skunk beta thread and shit is looking tight. Excellent work for keeping those cultivars alive and happy.

Keep up the good work,

Peace,

Chana

Interesting perspective on the AK. I actually have some of his seeds going right now. So looking forward to doing my own diligence as you suggest.

I still like to think Simon is a good chap. Never met him personally but he seems he is in it for the right reason. Maybe I am wrong. But he has been stand up with me.
Hi Chana,
When I tried AK47, nearly 10 years ago now, I found it very impressive. As it stands today, I can not comment! But if all things are equal, you'll likely be impressed. Ive never spoke with Simon directly, though I have spoke with Claude of Serious a time or two. I have no issues giving Serious Seeds all due respect, as from what Ive seen of their lines, the only thing to complain about was how strong they are lol. Very good stuff!

Im a little spent for time at the moment, but if you can get back to me with links to both pictures I will definitely give them a look brother.

Be well,
JessE

Some more diligence...

Hi Chana,
When I tried AK47, nearly 10 years ago now, I found it very impressive. As it stands today, I can not comment! But if all things are equal, you'll likely be impressed. Ive never spoke with Simon directly, though I have spoke with Claude of Serious a time or two. I have no issues giving Serious Seeds all due respect, as from what Ive seen of their lines, the only thing to complain about was how strong they are lol. Very good stuff!

Im a little spent for time at the moment, but if you can get back to me with links to both pictures I will definitely give them a look brother.

Be well,
JessE

Cool,

Claude is straight too! He actually is offering a medical discount, I belive half price for Serious cultivars. I actually got Kalimist and Ak from Claude directly.

If anyone is interested you can check out TY, under seed companies, serious seeds.

Here are the links brother I beleive your pic was in post #8 of your G13 thread:

ABG13_flower.jpg

Here is Swampy's Airborne grown by Hashi:

G13may23.jpg

Thanks again,

Chana

[EDIT: Hasimoto can really grow some big buds even with strains that are not know for yielding... If you look at some of the lower bud sites, I think it looks very similar to V's Airborne. Got love our fellow medical growers. Give us restrictions and we still figure out how to make it happen.]

Last edited:
over the years i have tried assorted g13 seed. the majority were trash and the occasional plant that did show merit were probably a hyb ime. yield and flavor were poor but then one would show some extreme potency, its sole redeeming quality. no doubt you will see the best of her in hybrids but breeding is not my forte. hell, there's times i still have problems keeping seeds out of the plants! good luck and peace-biteme

Back