How warm are your L.E.D's running?

With HPS/MH you need to get rid of excess heat, with led you`ll need to retain it. With a decent Led setup, you should consider to extract the air at the bottom of your room and not at the top of the room. Bring the fresh air in at the top, this way the warmth off the leds dont get pulled out straight away but will be forced to go through the canopy. Me personally also reuse the outgoing air of the room, only 15-20% get extracted elsewhere just to refresh the air for the plants and keep CO2 levels in check.
That is pretty much spot on.
Do you log your room temperature?
If so , what is it ?

(y)

With HPS/MH you need to get rid of excess heat, with led you`ll need to retain it. With a decent Led setup, you should consider to extract the air at the bottom of your room and not at the top of the room. Bring the fresh air in at the top, this way the warmth off the leds dont get pulled out straight away but will be forced to go through the canopy. Me personally also reuse the outgoing air of the room, only 15-20% get extracted elsewhere just to refresh the air for the plants and keep CO2 levels in check.
Very useful info, just bought a Lumatek Zeus 465w pro 2.9 and was wondering if it wouldnt be better to keep the hps for winter and switch to led in summer for the obvious temp issues.

Last edited:
Very useful info, just bought a Lumatek Zeus 465w pro 2.9 and was wondering if it wouldnt be better to keep the hps for winter and switch to led in summier for the obvious temp issues.

Well, I guess it depends on your location, and opsec requirements?

Excess heat has never been a problem for me from Nov. - Apr., it's retaining heat while optimising RH.

May - Oct it's easy to keep the temp down (when running MH) by adjusting the extraction rate.

External RH here is always high (right by the sea) so my extractor is run in conjunction with a dehumidifier.

I'm going to see what happens this winter (my first with LED), but at the moment I'm doing OK with the supplemental heating (that still draws less than running MH)

Well, I guess it depends on your location, and opsec requirements?

Excess heat has never been a problem for me from Nov. - Apr., it's retaining heat while optimising RH.

May - Oct it's easy to keep the temp down (when running MH) by adjusting the extraction rate.

External RH here is always high (right by the sea) so my extractor is run in conjunction with a dehumidifier.

I'm going to see what happens this winter (my first with LED), but at the moment I'm doing OK with the supplemental heating (that still draws less than running MH)
I'm in the coastal area too but in a room with big south facing windows so temps do get an issue here in summer. Main reason why i run 19.00/07.00 to keep some heat out but night temps during daylight in summer sometimes give me 24C in the dark so that's where LED gets interesting to me. I would be able to run during the day and would have better night temps by doing so. HPS is perfect here from october/april.

That is pretty much spot on.
Do you log your room temperature?
If so , what is it ?

(y)

yep i do log data
1638735252492.png

Very useful info, just bought a Lumatek Zeus 465w pro 2.9 and was wondering if it wouldnt be better to keep the hps for winter and switch to led in summer for the obvious temp issues.

if ya can keep ambient temps around 19-20c ish you`ll do fine keeping temps in check also in winter. Dehumidifier is recommended to have around, but consider if extracting all air to the ouside using a dehum is kinda useless.

I'm in the coastal area too but in a room with big south facing windows so temps do get an issue here in summer. Main reason why i run 19.00/07.00 to keep some heat out but night temps during daylight in summer sometimes give me 24C in the dark so that's where LED gets interesting to me. I would be able to run during the day and would have better night temps by doing so. HPS is perfect here from october/april.

My grow indoor space is pretty much a subterranean bunker, no daylight at all. All the cold air drops right in 😞 the roof can transfer heat into the space during the summer, but autumn-spring means low sun, low temps & very short overcsst days (first light 08.30 last light 16.30 today)

But we do get super long days mid spring to summer!

i have 150w its about 50°C i have a small usb ventilator who is pointing on the LED on top and i can touch it normaly after some sec its getting preaty hot but now its cold to the touch

i have 150w its about 50°C i have a small usb ventilator who is pointing on the LED on top and i can touch it normaly after some sec its getting preaty hot but now its cold to the touch
120°F not too bad... that's after it's been on for a while AND the USB fan blowing room temp air at it?
Is that a cob ?

Thx

50°C after some time without the fan with fan who blow the warm air in the tent cold to the touch what is a cob?

50°C after some time without the fan with fan who blow the warm air in the tent cold to the touch what is a cob?
Chip on board.... basically a bunch of tiny leds mounted very closely together. Check out timber leds for example.

Thank you

This one i have
Here a test for it
preaty happy with it over a g per watt in my last/first indoor run on 0,64 m²

Last edited:
Back