how do i flush plants

B

bongtime

Last edited:
considering that you've mentioned that you may use a flushing product, i'm assuming that you are growing in a hydro setup? i've used 'fast flush' and 'flora kleen' products in my past life as a hydro grower, and i can't say that they work any better (or worse, i suppose) than good 'ol h2o. two weeks of flush on plain water should be more than sufficient in any medium.

these days we grow in pro mix organically, and after ramping down the nutrients at least three weeks out, we finish the plants with nothing but plain low ph water for the last two or so weeks... the belief being that if you don't see significant nitrogen-def in this last phase, you haven't flushed for long enough.

also, fwiw, these days i feel that flushing products adversely affect how the flowers burn after curing. but of course, your mileage may vary. happy harvests! ;)

I generally flush with straight water for the last 2-3 weeks, where alot of folks go wrong is not properly flushing their marijuana and curing it.

yeah you dont need reverse osmosis type unless youve really been nukeing them with alot of feeds.Plain water for last two weeks would allow plant to use up excess nutrients without leeching or damaging your plants.After two weeks of this the natural tastes of plant will come out in final product.Also best to boil up the water and leave it standing ,and use that as it will then have much lower ppm than ur run off and work as good if not better than a flush product,regarding plant leaf health etc.

peace button

Back