How about payments with cryptocurrencies?

Deach69

2022 COE Winner
I see there are some problems with Paypal these days. That's a shame, making international payments through my bank sucks, it takes a half hour to guide my bank teller as to how to do it, the fee is around$30 Canadian, and it takes about a week for the money to transfer. With cryptocurrency (Ripple is my favorite), transfer time is 20 minutes max, depending on the cryptocurrency, and the fees are next to nothing. It sounds complicated, but it should be worth it in the end.

Just my opinion...
I wouldn't touch that crap with a 10 foot pole.
Too volatile, extremely unstable. How can you set a correct transfer rate when it can change 20% in an hour ?
No physical backing, it's ludicrous to place value on something monetary that does not exist in the physical world, you know, like gold ?
Yea....umm, no.

N2ishun, you may not touch it but if you refuse to acknowledge the fiat payment system is broken beyond repair, you need to wake up and smell the coffee. It's going and never coming back - at least not in my lifetime

CC was mentioned back in 2017 on this forum it was too early. Now it's formality that the fiat payment system is almost retired. Look what the ECB announced a week back it will do a digital EURO. Again it's a formality.

There are plenty of dollar staked Payment options with no vol

Mr nice admin team > you can on-ramp payments with "Moonpay" Fiat to CC. Otherwise, you need a developer to "cloak" payments within the paypal API. Essentially you make the descriptors whatever you want them to be, otherwise you'll be dealing with non stop BS

Last edited:
Just my opinion...
I wouldn't touch that crap with a 10 foot pole.
Too volatile, extremely unstable. How can you set a correct transfer rate when it can change 20% in an hour ?
No physical backing, it's ludicrous to place value on something monetary that does not exist in the physical world, you know, like gold ?
Yea....umm, no.
I've used it many times, and other seed banks use it all the time, for a reason. Do you have any experience with it? BTW, Paypal decided to get into the crypto business a day after I posted that. Fiat is on it's way out

Yeah I agree
Crypto currency would be great
Have used for many years without a problem
Sticking with the more established cryptos is probably a good idea
Plenty of other seedbanks accept Crypto, including some of the biggest distributors
They don't seem to be having problems with it
S

i like more gold and silver

without electricity crypto are a joke
If I was preparing for the end of the end times (US election tomorrow BTW ;) ), I might convert my cash to gold or silver (and not in certificates either, that's a whole other racket), although, under those circumstances, I doubt there would be much demand for either. Having copious amounts of weed to trade with on the other hand... I'd be interested to hear how many folks on this forum have ever made a purchase with raw gold or silver

Without electricity, being able to use Western union, Paypal, post office deliveries from Mr Nice seedbank, using the auction option over the internet, etc... would all be a joke as well. One may have cash in the bank, but trying to do anything with it would also be a joke

The US dollar happens to be the world reserve currency, before that it was the British Pound Sterling. I wouldn't be surprised if we had another become the new world currency sometime soon, currencies will come and go. There are countries working on conversion to crypto as we speak. I don't think it wise to dismiss the possibility of the world converting to crypto. Nobody wants to use physical money where I come from, and everyone is buying online more than ever. Amazon don't accept gold or silver

Regardless, I started this thread to introduce the possibility of another way to transfer currency for seeds. Folks do it all the time, it can be done within minutes from across the globe, and converted to your favorite dollar within minutes and into your account. I have nothing to gain promoting this, except for the convenience of a quick/clean transaction once or twice a year with Mr Nice. I'm just sharing my positive experience with y'all

Last edited:
If I was preparing for the end of the end times (US election tomorrow BTW ;) ), I might convert my cash to gold or silver (and not in certificates either, that's a whole other racket), although, under those circumstances, I doubt there would be much demand for either. Having copious amounts of weed to trade with on the other hand... I'd be interested to hear how many folks on this forum have ever made a purchase with raw gold or silver

Without electricity, being able to use Western union, Paypal, post office deliveries from Mr Nice seedbank, using the auction option over the internet, etc... would all be a joke as well. One may have cash in the bank, but trying to do anything with it would also be a joke

The US dollar happens to be the world reserve currency, before that it was the British Pound Sterling. I wouldn't be surprised if we had another become the new world currency sometime soon, currencies will come and go. There are countries working on conversion to crypto as we speak. I don't think it wise to dismiss the possibility of the world converting to crypto. Nobody wants to use physical money where I come from, and everyone is buying online more than ever. Amazon don't accept gold or silver

Regardless, I started this thread to introduce the possibility of another way to transfer currency for seeds. Folks do it all the time, it can be done within minutes from across the globe, and converted to your favorite dollar within minutes and into your account. I have nothing to gain promoting this, except for the convenience of a quick/clean transaction once or twice a year with Mr Nice. I'm just sharing my positive experience with y'all

crypto are not legal in many country and you can buy nothing with that never see a shop take it

when you want to change you bitcoin in euro or dollard ect you loose the anonymat and have no choice to pass by a bank.
majority of state considered crypto money comming from black market and illegal stuff converted it in some curency in very hard
and you be suspect immediatly to be a criminnal

when i talking about silver and gold is just for keep something with the big resset are comin

crypto are not legal in many country and you can buy nothing with that never see a shop take it

when you want to change you bitcoin in euro or dollard ect you loose the anonymat and have no choice to pass by a bank.
majority of state considered crypto money comming from black market and illegal stuff converted it in some curency in very hard
and you be suspect immediatly to be a criminnal

when i talking about silver and gold is just for keep something with the big resset are comin
I get the impression Bitcoin is legal in most countries https://www.investopedia.com/articles/forex/041515/countries-where-bitcoin-legal-illegal.asp (I just looked at this link to find it is quite outdated. China has been working on their own crypto for a while now , for one https://www.bbc.com/news/business-54261382 ) One can purchase legit products from these companies https://spendmenot.com/blog/who-accepts-bitcoin/

Most cryptocurrencies are not considered anonymous, hiding your money isn't the point of them (a few are, if you know how to use them properly, but even that is up in the air). I'll remind you that one can't hide bank transfers, credit card purchases or western union transactions.

If there is a big reset, it would definitely be worthwhile holding on to some Bitcoin as well as sitting on some shiny rocks.

I'm guessing most of us here are older and not crazy about change. Whether or not Bitcoin will succeed in the long run is up in the air, as is all currencies. I think it would be worthwhile to look into it if one has the time. A lot of big money is being invested into it for some reason

Last edited:
Western Union works great for me.
They even waive the fees if done online, directly to MNS account.
I had a hard time the last time i tried that through my bank, here in Canada. Although, I just checked it out again and it looks as though they may have made it easier. The fee has also been lowered to $5, which is worthwhile

I had a hard time the last time i tried that through my bank, here in Canada. Although, I just checked it out again and it looks as though they may have made it easier. The fee has also been lowered to $5, which is worthwhile
Yeah. The first time doing it you might have to let the bank know beforehand, so the AI doesn't flag the transaction.

Most cryptocurrencies are not considered anonymous, hiding your money isn't the point of them (a few are, if you know how to use them properly, but even that is up in the air). I'll remind you that one can't hide bank transfers, credit card purchases or western union transactions.

i send to day ma cash in register letter to mns no bank movement

I hadn't realized there was a new system in place. Looks like it should cover all the bases :)
The new system is perfect. It lets you track the transfer, sends updates, and worked much better and cost less than paypal. F... paypal, their loss.

i send to day ma cash in register letter to mns no bank movement
The last certified letter I sent that way was almost $18 USD and took a month to arrive. Yep, I'm retiring the snails. Too dangerous.

The last certified letter I sent that way was almost $18 USD and took a month to arrive. Yep, I'm retiring the snails. Too dangerous.

i have do it maybe 7or 8 times with mns never had trouble

but from usa is more risky too long distance

5.90euro for register letter

Back