Holy Smoke- A Journey Home

I'll put my money on the top right seedling with the sharp buzzsaw leaves.

the feeding info about holy smoke is confusing to me....

"After combining the Afghan Haze to the AC male, we found some wonderful old school plants that need lower EC levels to reach their potential...... This strain can feed a little higher than its sister Hazes so do not be shy and use some N in its early stages of development."

Maybe there is an extreme range of low feeding and high feeding phenos due to it being a haze/afghan/skunk polyhybrid.

Just a guess- higher N in veg, reduced EC in flower? Typically how I start them.

As for the girl, initially distorted fernlike leaves as she continues to emerge. She's kinda freaky for sure!
freak HS 12_17.jpg

🤙
Mu

Aloha fellow Firewalkers!

Going into the 5th week, time has been changed from 20/4 to 18/6, light/dark. Freaky Girl is on the left. The plants are firmly rooted now, adding another node and looking to be up-potted. It's been a busy week and I have yet to give the plants a new home. I went to pick up some soil to do the deed yesterday. Holy s*t! have your prices gone up like mine have? Prices for soil have doubled since last Spring! Looks like I'll be more mindful in recycling my soil going forward.

hs 12_21.jpg

🤙Mu

5 1/2 weeks. Plants are now in 5x5's. Light is now at 16/8 with further reductions until they reveal themselves. Once confirmed they will go in at least 5 gallon pots or perhaps with less plants to work with this time, 7 gallon containers. Since last week there has been more vertical growth- taller with long upright side branching. Already smelling of strong celery, earth and meat stews. Much more pronounced aromas than the Holy Grail. I am thinking this mating of Afghan Haze to the AC male is going to be something special. I have high hopes that the males will turn out to be extraordinary.
hs 12_28.jpg

hs freaky 12_28.jpg
Bifurcated freaky girl

🤙Mu

Good morning braddah!

All plants will be flowered including freaky girl/guy. The pollen yielders will be put to good use for f2's and other projects. I'm wondering how this pollen will work with The Cure. Lots of choices. So far I have 2 girls showing in the 16 hour light. They have gone from 20 hours of light to 16 in one week's time. I did feed them more P-K as an inducement. They are getting of a size that I need them to commit in the next few days. Time to get some cuttings!

🤙Mu

Aloha braddahs!

Happy New Year! While the outside world of human beings struggles to maintain balance, the plant world within my grow room just keeps doing what it does best- continually expressing life. It has been 2 days since going into 5 gallon pots. The plants continue their transformation putting out new biomass. It is at this time that I start to get excited about the prospects. Lights were further reduced to 15 hrs. in an effort to coax more females out of the remaining, undeclared bunch. So far 3 females have comes forward out of 9 Holy Smoke plants. While I welcome the males for breeding and such, I was hoping for a more equitable split with more females in hopes of getting a better feel for this variety. Hoping for more clones, it is what it is and I look forward to what comes. I can't believe the smells coming so early from this group. Yummy! I wonder what they'll smell like during flower.

hs 1_1_21.jpg

🤙Mu

Aloha braddahs!

I was able to get 2 more females to show, making the count 5/9 females in 15/9 light. A more reasonable number to work with. Looks like this journey will now begin in earnest with 5 HS and 5 HG.

grp hs hg 1_5_21.jpg

P.S. the bushy ones in the front are the Holy Smoke.

🤙Mu

It’ll be 8 weeks tomorrow since starting this grow; time to take the governor off and put pedal to the metal. Lights got changed to 12.5/11.5 today. I ran them at 14 hours for a week and couldn’t tease anymore females out of the bunch. Out of the two strains, the Holy Smoke was a bit more hesitant. The last minute ones will show within a week now. And a good chance that the rest are male, ratio wise. Unfortunately, I am so out of room that I won’t be keeping any males this round. I’m still twisted up about it and reserve the right to change my mind ha. In the meantime, I will take clones from the females though because there’s some "high dollar sportin’ gals" in the crowd.
Get ready for some explosive growth with both varieties as they are looking very strong. Already, the stems are impressive, large and very sturdy. They are producing lots of new leaf surface, and while the delay was somewhat intentional knowing my numbers were lower thus affording larger plants, I may have underestimated their potential. This will be fun!

hs 1_13.jpg

The Holy Smoke more so than the Holy Grail at this point exhibits slightly more fragrance and I love the large leaves. They remind me of tarantulas lol.

🤙Mu

The girls are 9 weeks in the dirt now. Lights were switched to 12/12 yesterday. They were at 12.5 the week before. Up potted a little over 3 weeks ago at 20”, many of the Holy Smoke are over 40” now with one at 53”! I am very impressed with the thick, solid stems that are present on both varieties; so far, requiring no support. Leaves are firm and healthy, nodes are nicely spaced with side branches now developing many flower sites. I will finish cleaning up the bottoms tomorrow now that it appears the clones have rooted and there is no further need for additional material. Everyone seems happy with the current nutrient regimen and additionally, they have had several prophylactic sprays (kelp/neem) already.

holy smoke 1_23.jpg
The shorter, wider one. Love the big leaves!

holy smoke 1_24.jpg
Lots of flower sites appearing tangentially up and down the entire main stem

🤙Mu

Aloha braddahs,
I apologize for these lesser pics today but wanted to at least show 3 basic structures and where the grow is at week 6 of flower. They are slowly ripening with some already frosting. Glad for the clones as I have high hope for this strain. I did keep the males BTW ;)
holy smoke4 2_6.jpg
holy smoke4a 2_6.jpg
Holy Smoke #4

holy smoke 2_6.jpg
Holy Smoke #2

holy smoke3 2_6.jpg
holy smoke3a 2_6.jpg
Holy Smoke #3 (note bud behind is HG no frost yet)

🤙
Mu

Back