Hello everyone I’m Bobberr I’ve been working with autoflower genetics, I love learning all things cannabis. I love old school haze. “Piff”

Did someone say Walleye? I used to fish walleye up in Minnesota all the time when I was young. When I moved to Texas 30 some years ago I got out of fishing. Yeah there is good bass fishing and fishing on the gulf, noodling for catfish, etc. But Walleye was what we always went for. Anyway, I finally left Texas as they are never going to get their shit together about weed and moved to Tahlequah OK. I'm gearing up to start fishing again as I hear there are Walleye here, and as a Cherokee citizen I have hunting and fishing rights. I am pretty sure the Walleye are in the rivers here, not the manmade lakes, so it will be different than just taking the boat out at 4 am and bottom fishing in the right spot.

Anyway, good fishing y'all!

Did someone say Walleye? I used to fish walleye up in Minnesota all the time when I was young. When I moved to Texas 30 some years ago I got out of fishing. Yeah there is good bass fishing and fishing on the gulf, noodling for catfish, etc. But Walleye was what we always went for. Anyway, I finally left Texas as they are never going to get their shit together about weed and moved to Tahlequah OK. I'm gearing up to start fishing again as I hear there are Walleye here, and as a Cherokee citizen I have hunting and fishing rights. I am pretty sure the Walleye are in the rivers here, not the manmade lakes, so it will be different than just taking the boat out at 4 am and bottom fishing in the right spot.

Nice to meet some friends who love what I do! Stay in touch if you guys are ever my way around October the walleye fishing is crazy!!

I fish Walleye late October, early November around the midnight hour. Very cold, damp, miserable, and you can get ice in your eyelets. I think the water turns over and the warm water goes deep, cold water comes up shallow. Anyway, the Walleye come up in 1-3 feet of water. If you shine a flashlight in the water it looks like a city with all the walleye eyes reflecting the light. Many times it only takes 5 casts to get your 5 fish limit. Of course, with the miserable conditions and the midnight hour it's hard to find someone to go. I'm not there for fun, I'm there to catch Walleyes and that's when they're hitting! No sense fishing when they ain't biting! I got their address, it's just a matter of if they are home and hungry! AND - you have the whole lake to yourself. Everyone else is deer hunting or watching football! Who fishes at midnight in November in New York? I use Rapala Deep Diving Shad Raps and bounce them off the bottom, they eat them like popcorn!

Longball

I fish Walleye late October, early November around the midnight hour. Very cold, damp, miserable, and you can get ice in your eyelets. I think the water turns over and the warm water goes deep, cold water comes up shallow. Anyway, the Walleye come up in 1-3 feet of water. If you shine a flashlight in the water it looks like a city with all the walleye eyes reflecting the light. Many times it only takes 5 casts to get your 5 fish limit. Of course, with the miserable conditions and the midnight hour it's hard to find someone to go. I'm not there for fun, I'm there to catch Walleyes and that's when they're hitting! No sense fishing when they ain't biting! I got their address, it's just a matter of if they are home and hungry! AND - you have the whole lake to yourself. Everyone else is deer hunting or watching football! Who fishes at midnight in November in New York? I use Rapala Deep Diving Shad Raps and bounce them off the bottom, they eat them like popcorn!

Longball
You definitely know your shit! We use the same technique and also use keitech jigs and bounce the bottom. The Mohawk River is where I usually get them. Like you said always late night they turn on and you can catch 100 fish in a night!

Caught a lot of nice Walleye in the Mohawk. We used to fish the Mohawk up near Amsterdam for Smallmouth Bass. Either their was a lot there or we were very lucky. We got the tip from an old fella who was always bringing back his limit. On lighter tackle they are fun because they are such fighters.

Longball

As far as I know there are zero walleye in Tenkiller lake, no muskie, no pike.
It's too far south.
There are huge catfish (use chicken liver for bait) and huge largemouth bass, there will also be tons of smallmouth, crappie (live minnows for bait), and assorted panfish like bluegill.
There *might* be alligator gar in the river feeding the lake along with spoonbill catfish (prehistoric creature they say do not eat).
Yup, been there and I have seen the lake overflow in...1998-99 I think it was, heavy rains for a full month.

Bandaid haze female that I pollinated with ghost town father. Had anyone seen this spiral leaf trait before?

Attachments

• F7897C1B-B269-4410-88B8-55FB6387C906.jpeg
    F7897C1B-B269-4410-88B8-55FB6387C906.jpeg
    28.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 5AEB449B-40EB-4450-909C-A8A98A7BAE13.jpeg
    5AEB449B-40EB-4450-909C-A8A98A7BAE13.jpeg
    32.4 KB · Views: 11
  • D89B2C84-C1CE-4F62-B5CE-5DB079FF0B45.jpeg
    D89B2C84-C1CE-4F62-B5CE-5DB079FF0B45.jpeg
    34.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 7AADEB9A-BB15-4CB4-88B5-51D66C1F9C23.jpeg
    7AADEB9A-BB15-4CB4-88B5-51D66C1F9C23.jpeg
    29.5 KB · Views: 11
Hello @Bobberr!

I did attempt to pollinate my last autoflower, Lemon Haze, with some G13 x Afghan Skunk. We'll see what happens, maybe I'll get a semi-auto? ha ha Thanks for the idea! I know it's a long-shot, but when they hit, they pay well! :)

Longball

Hello @Bobberr!

I did attempt to pollinate my last autoflower, Lemon Haze, with some G13 x Afghan Skunk. We'll see what happens, maybe I'll get a semi-auto? ha ha Thanks for the idea! I know it's a long-shot, but when they hit, they pay well! :)

Longball

maybe i am wrong
my opinion is the oposite is better
use a male auto because the male influence more on the time of blooming than femelle

Strawberry banana I’m going to cross with a Bobberr male auto.

Attachments

• 48783162-B4BD-4477-82AE-CF8865E77B03.jpeg
    48783162-B4BD-4477-82AE-CF8865E77B03.jpeg
    33.9 KB · Views: 2
I’ve manage to sway my brother into giving me his collection of piff bag seed found in different years, one labeled 2007 and one 2009 these seeds were likely collected from Albany NY where we use to get it from colonie street. I hear of TC done with seeds… has anyone had and knowledge of this method and is is better than just trying to crack the seeds?

Aloha @Bobberr, welcome to the ohana!
How many seeds do you have? By TC, I assume you mean tissue culture? From what I understand, micropropagation is a long process requiring some technical knowledge, certain equipment and a sterile environment. Do you have access? So, depending on how many seeds you have, you might consider other options also. Scuffing up seeds before hydrating may work but germination numbers might be low depending on how they were stored over the years. GA and other GR's could be employed. If mission critical and you have the resources, TC. Why not? In the meantime, it's been said before, you could grow some Mango, Neville's or NL5xHaze in search of the piff, you know, keeping all options open while you are sorting things out ;)

mu

i would like to try this strain in regular the strawberry banana
frenchy canoli used it for his best H
I've grown DNA's version before. Sweet smelling and flavorful, I can imagine it would make good hash. Based on the pheno I got, it wasn't as potent as I thought it would be.

mu

I've grown DNA's version before. Sweet smelling and flavorful, I can imagine it would make good hash. Based on the pheno I got, it wasn't as potent as I thought it would be.

mu

i remerber he says is more banana than strawberry the strain really smell like banana ?

Bobberr said: "these seeds were likely collected from Albany NY where we use to get it from colonie street."

I lived near Colonie Street for 46 years, and, ummm, ahhhhh, nevermind! :eek:o_O:unsure::whistle::confused:😰

Longball
There was a time you could roll up on colonie st. pay the first friend and get the piff from the next friend. Ahh the good old days.

Back