He who controls the Spice, controls the universe!

gertbfrow

Now that I have my growroom all in order its time to pop the Spices!

I popped 17 of them in 6" square containers filled with 25% castings, 25% hydroton and 50% fox farm light warrior. I always prefer to just pop my seeds in soil. I am very impressed with the light warrior mix, its the only soil on fox farms lineup that I havent tried and I thought I'd splurge on the Spices and am happy I went for it. It is the most airy, lightest mix I've ever seen. I'm planning on vegging them for only 3-4 weeks under a 4x4 T5 setup before putting under a 1000hps.
93.jpg
1481.jpg
770.jpg
480.jpg

If any of you have been following my Shit grow you know that I had a few hiccups along the way. When I started the Shits I thought that my flower room would have been up and ready within a month, it turned into 2 1/2. The Shits had next to no space and I think that led to the mold problem I had. I was busy working on my other strain and putting up the flower room that little attention was payed and when I noticed the mold it was almost too late. I was planning on trashing all of them, but 12 of them I thought were salvageable and I nursed them back to health, but only ended up with 4 females, most likely due to the stress. So the 4 females are doing well now with lots of soil and space and are under a 4x4 T5 setup. I plan on putting them in the flower room in 3 weeks when my other strain is finished flowering.

I currently have 4 female Shits that will be put into the flowering room as soon as my G13/HPx45's are done.

Here's some pics of the G13/HPx45 @ 5 weeks, the pics are terrible and make my plants look bad. Believe it or not these girls are dripping with resin. I have these going and then another set of plants to the left on a 400w hps that are 3 weeks behind. I'm getting a new camera so soon I'll post a thread on these girls in the bud section.

Attachments

• IMAG0057.jpg
    IMAG0057.jpg
    752.7 KB · Views: 106
  • IMAG0058.jpg
    IMAG0058.jpg
    608.9 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Thanks cola bro theres nothing else I could see myself doing for the rest of my life besides this.

Found this nugget of info posted by Kashgar@ icmag, orginally posted by Shanti at the MNS helpdesk:

MNS SPICE by Shantibaba

it was originally called Hawaii 5-0...when I first created it but since the MNS it was renamed.
Spice is definitively old world genetics.It was originally made in 87 and then had a few improvements in the early 90s only to remain the same since then.
Since Hawaii had no land races this Spice comes from a long history of serious breeding done with specially adapted indicas and sativas.Over the years and through a lot of interbreeding they have become very personalized and unique.My experience with these different adapted strains coming out of islands of Hawaii shine through on this plant.

Spice is a fruity flavoured sweet aromatic plant.
It really is a distinct strain with its leaf traits and smell.
Very wide leaves, they over lap a fair bit and they are short.The plants are also short.

Spice is basically 75 indica:25 sativa.The phenotype usually comes out similar.
If you go for the sativa aspects it will be comparable to SSH in the way that it will grow straight up with fluffy-ball shaped buds...maybe not as strong but different.If you choose on the indica side of things then you may find some serious strong and acrid smells that got her her name Spice.

It is advisable to keep a constant ec for her.She responds better to a very consistant climate.Climate being the wholistic elements of the entire grow room...air, air circulation, temp, water ph...If you are any sorts of growers this lady is fun.If you room is not up to scratch then she will repay you with the equivalent budage...
What I usually do is give her an ec of 1.6-1.8 with a ph of 5.8 when she grows on rockwool.As she gets developed reduce the Ec to 1.4 the last few weeks before flushing the nutrients out the last week or so.

This is the only boring part about growing..

@6 days old:
picture.php

picture.php

Hey patrick if you read this thread please post some of your purple spice pics from that plant you forgot about outdoors. That plant looked so awesome!

Off to a good start here, gbf :^D You are gonna have some '...purple spice pics...' yourself before too long ;^)

Indoor
idspiceA.JPG

Indoor on left, outdoor on right, same cut (shout out, gbf, you did some DIGGING to find these, lol)
idodspice1.JPG

Outdoor live, ~Oct 10ish. Shout out to my boy Sal. Dood has a few more years of probation cause come crooked fukkin cops planted 10 bags of dope on him. Keep ya head up, Sal.
blacksal.JPG

Mmmmmmm...
spice1017bcropped.JPG

2 of 3 cuts went purple. This one turned if you brought a cool beverage into the grow room.

Off to a good start here, gbf :^D You are gonna have some '...purple spice pics...' yourself before too long ;^)

Indoor
idspiceA.JPG

Indoor on left, outdoor on right, same cut (shout out, gbf, you did some DIGGING to find these, lol)
idodspice1.JPG

Outdoor live, ~Oct 10ish. Shout out to my boy Sal. Dood has a few more years of probation cause come crooked fukkin cops planted 10 bags of dope on him. Keep ya head up, Sal.
blacksal.JPG

Mmmmmmm...
spice1017bcropped.JPG

2 of 3 cuts went purple. This one turned if you brought a cool beverage into the grow room.

:D:D:D
Thanks paddy!!! When I seen those I was jumping up and down as I knew I made the right choice! Aesthetics arent't everything to me but everyone is on a purple craze right now and can't get enough. The samples I smoked were green but that gardener was using aero and a computer controlled room. I think soil will turn more colors than hydro as thats what I've noticed. All of the super duper colorful pics I see are always soil grown.

Penis envy, thanks for dropping in!

BeanCracker...luv the name, lol.

The seedlings are looking great they're all on their true sets of leaves.

However......I did end up having a germination problem. I ended up with 29 seeds (thought I had 30) but 6 of them were either cracked or not worth planting as...well..they didnt look good. I orginally germed 17 and only 9 sprouted (I orginally miswrote that I germed 18, one seed was a control seed). So I planted 5 more after 13 days or so and only one of the 5 sprouted.

I can honestky say though that I've never seen such tiny seeds in my life, both the Shits and Spices were the smallest cannabis seeds I'd ever seen, but the Spices were a bit smaller. Though I have read on forums and some ppl say that smaller seeds are better. I'm still questioning this myself as I now have an issue.

I dont use the papertowl method nor do I use the matchbox trick as I've never...ever had problems germing seeds. I only ended up with a couple of duds with my 40 Shit seeds, and only 2 duds in my 50 G45 seeds and those popped at least.

So I'm kinda hoping that Shanti can hook me up with a discount on my next order as even though I got 29 seeds for my 1 order.....only 10 sprouted and it does leave me a little disapointed.

I was wanting to do 18 small plants but now I'm going to have to grow them larger to make up for the duds.

It doesnt faze me in the least though as I know MNS is a great company and these things do happen.:eek:

I'll post some pics in a couple days.:)

Last edited:
I really turned out to be a jerk with these grow reports as I never got a better camera and hate doing them without pics. But I figure better finished in some way then not at all because both of the MNS strains I grew turned out to be the crown jewels of my garden.

Like I wrote before I had germination issues but after the seeds popped they were very fast and vigorous. There arent too many complete reports of spice anywhere. Pretty much all of them are 1-4 entry threads with pics of sprouts. So this strain was a big mystery to me which was a big part of why I selected it. I read that it had a big tendency to turn purple and purple's all the rage in my neck of the woods so that was another reason why I picked it.

From all the grows I've seen online of Spice they pretty much seem to be indica dominate. Just a really nice exotic looking indica. Well all but two of my females were heavily sativa dominate with one of them looking just like a Neville's Haze.

I took clones of all of the phenos and waited to taste them until I made my pick and ended up going with the most indica dom pheno which was only 2 out of all of the whole lot. If anyone else had this pack I'm sure they would have thought they got their packages mixed up, but as they all tasted the same I'm sure they were all the same strain.

The flavor is one of the strongest attributes, which says allot as all the phenos looked A++. But the flavor is unlike ANYTHING I've ever smoked in my life. It seems like something I've tasted before but I cant put my finger on it. I guess spice is a good fit but its not like a hot spice, more of a wintergreen if anything. My mother tastes almost like newport cigarettes.

As for the mother it is a GIANT yielder!! Giant clubs and every branch produced nice short but giant girthy colas. More hair on these buds then any I've seen Big golf balls of orange hair.

All of the phenos are very potent. This is the greasiest pot I've grown so far. I've grown tons of pot that I thought had nice trichome production but once harvested it would turn out that the heads were missing or the buds were not sticky. With every MNS strain I've grown the trichomes are HUGE and with Spice its the best because these buds are practically coated in hash oil! No lie the pot sizzles when you first light it and its the oil. You almost want to pack bowls with tweezers because you get so much oil all over your hands and you want it in the pipe!

The sativas were awesome but were more headstash then anything because the buds were so foxtaily and some were wispy but in a sativa way not in a shitty way. They all tasted the same but some leaned on a citrus end and others on a incense sandalwood end. Only one pheno turned purple but it was dark purple with the whole plant and leaves turning almost black, but it had a very weak yield.

So again this pot has a flavor that no pot on earth has, its very VERY sticky with tons of trichomes, is a very versatile plant as you get every color in the gene spectrum with some pheno leaning very very heavy on both sides of indica and sativa. I would say that its a small yielder but my mother was a giant yielder, it was the only giant yielder out of all of them.

Thanks again shanti for a VERY unique strain.

I'd highly recommend this strain for everything except cash cropping. Very high quality, will make the "kushs" and "diesels" look like shwag.

Biggest regret is not isolating this strain's trim from other strains for oil extraction as the flavor is bound to cross over to being concentrated in the oil.

I have crappy pics that I'll upload soon.

Not to sling mud (i have seen 12 Spice females, but only 1 was my seed plant).. .. This is a commercial strain "A winner of hearts for its economic quick returns..." not a winner of hearts because of its potency.. on the Marks-O-Meter yield is the strong point. I think Shanti meant for it to end up something like these pics.. I haven't seen many different Spice plants (in my garden) but I have smoked a few.. They are not in league with real OG kushes or Diesels.. which are more intense, flavorful, and potent than Spice (subjective I know). The Spice is a nice daytime smoke but everyone in my circles will also admit she's nothing better than a great commercial.

All MNS varieties are excellent in trichome density and size imo. This variety has a an excellent smell, however if your getting the hairy harvest.. it still needed a bit more time to finish. You can look in my Spice thread and see the sunshine mix crop had the hairy finish, I couldn't wait any longer. Didn't smoke too hot either. When she's truly done the hairs are less noticeable, the last pic is an example of this and that batch smoked awesome

Not to stir the shit or say she's not a nice variety (this is a great variety), or that there aren't some individuals who's potency is stronger than the averages. Just that many people read these threads and many would be very dissapointed if they searched here for their headstash. This varieties strongest points in order imo are yield, smell, structure, flavor, and disease resistance.. The average potency is awesome if your a lightweight, just got off probation, or only smoke 4x/month. If you are an everyday all day toker.. she's not gonna get you through a full day. The hash from this strain can be very nice also and yes the oil does have a certain color and flavor.

Sorry to everyone here if that chafes you.. I fall in love with my plants too.. but if we let every MNS variety we grow be the latest and greatest.. we do no service to the breeder. He needs unbiased feedback because not every variety he produces is going to be centered on headstash potential. Shanti this is great commercial thank you, and its nice to smoke everyonce in a while for a change up.

Attachments

• Spice 001_edited.jpg
    Spice 001_edited.jpg
    553 KB · Views: 78
  • Spice 002_edited.jpg
    Spice 002_edited.jpg
    1,004 KB · Views: 62
  • Spice 003_edited.jpg
    Spice 003_edited.jpg
    970.5 KB · Views: 102
  • Spice 004_edited.jpg
    Spice 004_edited.jpg