MNS Black Widow

bw22.jpg

bw13.jpg

Neville Haze X Mango Thai

hz1.jpg

MNS Group Shot

group22.jpg

group13.jpg

RealSeed Mango Thai (clone from last season)

mt1.jpg

scrubdog

Some Info

Okay mainly looking for a father to seed my Mango Thai landrace clones. One is pictured above but I have five more clones already planted out in the snow.

Mango Thai is huge pure landrace Thai plant that I grew last season but it didn't even flower after growing for about 8-9 months so I cloned it and now I'm having another go.

So I'll just grow these MNS strains and see what happens. See if I get something worth breeding from or see if I can even finish any of them at my latitude. Then there's the helicopters, spotter planes, dope rippers, deer hunters, wild animals, insects, weather, lost souls, lightning strikes, alien spacecraft and mould, mould, mould....

I also have more BW, Neville Haze, Early Haze, Ace pure Malawi landrace and some of my own Purple Skunk (ex Robogro) seeds germinating at the moment.

Very early spring here and snow fell yesterday so all my seedlings and clones are just sitting around and not growing. The burnt edges on the leaves is my fault after I caused nutrient lockout with an organic anti-fungal spray (sodium bicarbonate) that made my mix too alkaline when it ran off into it.

Had to flush and repot but all good now. Presume my other clones are still alive. Haven't seen them for two weeks.

That's about it for now. They're all going out into the rainforest as soon as the snow and frosts stop. Totally organic grow. I carry sacks of manure and blood and bone for miles over hills and valleys.... on my back.... through the jungle. It's all very extreme and over the top but what the hell.

scrubdog

Last edited:
i wish also the best for your OD run :)

have make self inbred lineage from Mango Haze .,?

peace

Still they come...

I also have more BW, Neville Haze, Early Haze, Ace pure Malawi landrace and some of my own Purple Skunk (ex Robogro) seeds germinating at the moment.

scrubdog

These are all poking through the dirt now.

For the record I get approx. 100% germination with MSN seeds. The odd seed here and there might be slow to crack and I discard it because I need the room on my heat pad but they still would've germinated. Maybe the odd miss on my BW clearance pack but the BW seeds are probably the biggest and most uniform looking seeds of all and I'm certainly not complaining.

scrubdog

pulling up a chair

very interesting account of all you go through to bring in a crop and also to observe and propagate cultivars. you may not, at the end of the day, bring to the world a new and distinctive strain (or, you may be lucky and find something stellar), but it sounds like an adventure you are having in the quest for the ultimate Sativa.:D

best wishes in your quest!

These are all poking through the dirt now.

For the record I get approx. 100% germination with MSN seeds. The odd seed here and there might be slow to crack and I discard it because I need the room on my heat pad but they still would've germinated. Maybe the odd miss on my BW clearance pack but the BW seeds are probably the biggest and most uniform looking seeds of all and I'm certainly not complaining.

scrubdog

I also find some that don't crack but if you work'em they'll hatch most the time.

The odd seed here and there might be slow to crack and I discard it because I need the room on my heat pad but they still would've germinated.

With seeds that don’t crack I usually give them a nick and plant them in a pot that already has something growing and label. In more cases than not they usually sprout, sometimes it takes a while. I then just dig it out and pot up. Why waste it, if it doesn’t sprout at least you gave it the chance. If it’s a dud you can always cull. Good luck with this year’s grow.

With seeds that don’t crack I usually give them a nick and plant them in a pot that already has something growing and label. In more cases than not they usually sprout, sometimes it takes a while. I then just dig it out and pot up. Why waste it, if it doesn’t sprout at least you gave it the chance. If it’s a dud you can always cull. Good luck with this year’s grow.

Totally agree and I've had some of my best plants from slow germinating seeds. I usually treat every seed as just as important as any other but this season I'm being ruthless because I actually only have 15 holes dug in the bush and I've already got double that number of plants. Plus I have stealth issues big time trying to hide my activities from visitors. Sometimes I have to grit my teeth and dump plants just to avoid detection.

scrubdog

Bird Damage

Here is a classic example of what I have to put up with every season. Yesterday it was sunny so I put my newly sprouted seedlings out in the sun.... and along came a bird and pecked off the growing tips.

DSCN00021.jpg

Of course it was the seeds I had the least of. That was two Nev Haze and two Ace Malawi. I think I have only one Malawi seed left now and I'm down to about six Nev Haze.

scrubdog

very interesting account of all you go through to bring in a crop and also to observe and propagate cultivars. you may not, at the end of the day, bring to the world a new and distinctive strain (or, you may be lucky and find something stellar), but it sounds like an adventure you are having in the quest for the ultimate Sativa.:D

best wishes in your quest!

Thanks for that Skunkha. I'm actually all about Medical Marijuana and all my breeding efforts are solely directed towards finding the ideal strain for Multiple Sclerosis. I'm working primarily with strains to stop shaking and nausea, with pain reduction and bladder control as secondary objectives.

I don't buy into the CBD craze but that's just me okay and it doesn't mean I'm right. I figured the whole CBD thing is being thrashed to death so they don't need me researching it as well. I've always gone more towards THCV and extremely high THC with zero CBD strains.

My experience with severe MS always indicated that MS sufferers have enough legal meds to tranquilise the hell out of them without weed specially grown to zombify them even further.

I chase strains that are the exact opposite. Speedy, energetic and as potent as possible to cut through all the pharmaceuticals like a hot knife. Something on the fringe that takes you on a wild ride into uncharted territory.

scrubdog

sorry to hear about the pesky birds

Its a shame you can't have something indoors to get them up and started and later put them outdoors to flower. When growing Sativas especially it seems best to put some chronological age on them indoors whether you choose the 12/12 route or the 24 hour light veg. cycle. Then, when you place them outside, they will use that time to flower. Granted, I have not grown the extreme sativas that you have, but this could be a strategy you might want to consider.

Its a shame you can't have something indoors to get them up and started and later put them outdoors to flower. When growing Sativas especially it seems best to put some chronological age on them indoors whether you choose the 12/12 route or the 24 hour light veg. cycle. Then, when you place them outside, they will use that time to flower. Granted, I have not grown the extreme sativas that you have, but this could be a strategy you might want to consider.

My five Mango Thai plants are clones from last year's big mummy plant and I held them under a light all winter.

I agree with you 100%. Just hard to do in my personal high stealth circumstances.

scrubdog

win some and lose some

Hi

So anyway I lost another 20 seedlings to insect damage. Because of this I'm not uploading anymore photos until plants are bigger and I have a better idea of what actually survives to planting in the ground.

No panic. I lose a percentage every year to natural causes. I planted 20 MNS Black Widow seeds today to replace the haze seedlings I lost.

scrubdog

man now that just isn't fair,we growers must have tough skin brother,between mother nature and her animals,we sometimes don't stand a chance,peace

Man you live in a treacherous area!

It's more the stealth factor at the moment. I can't give my plants the attention they deserve and they have to be hidden at all times so they end up in stupid temporary places and get moved around a lot or end up stashed so far away that I can only get to check on them rarely.

Under ideal conditions I don't lose any at all but my conditions are far from ideal. Could be a lot worse. Years ago I hid a bunch of plants in a hurry on the roof of a carshed and I put the last one up (I was standing on boxes) just as visitors arrived... and the carshed collapsed! It was old and had borer and the weight of eight plants in pots was too much.

I ended up amongst the debris inclusive of plants and had some explaining to do.

scrubdog

Update

Updating thread....

All photos are of individual plants... no two photos are of the same plant even though they're different size. I work alone so I have to stagger germination and planting so I can cope with the amount of work required.

The Doors
thedoors5.jpg

Purple Kush
purple4.jpg

Purple Kush
purple3.jpg

Purple Kush
purple2.jpg

Purple Kush
purple1.jpg

Neville Haze Mango
nevhzmango2.jpg