Guard Dog

longball

'21, '23 COE Winner
Wasn't sure where to put this but it involves outdoor plants so outdoor section it is! A while back I decided to get a guard dog to help

keep an eye on my plants, race car, etc., and to help detect intruders I would not otherwise know were on my property. She doesn't have

any papers, just a mutt of some sort. She's huge though which should scare some things off. She's adorable too!

Her name is Scruffy.

Scruffy the Guard Dog
Home.jpg

A friend of mine who raises Angus Beef Cattle explained it like this: "Bigger animals like, horses, deer, cows, they sit with their front legs tucked under them and they get up rear legs first. Smaller animals
like cats and dogs tend to sit with their legs straight out. I reckon that's the biggest dog I ever saw. Is she house trained?"
Yard.jpg

Last edited:
Scruffy the Guard Dog guarding the race car. Her ears tucked back tell there may be danger coming this way. Her ears are hearing something mine can't. She can usually hear or smell things a couple hundred yards out which

gives me plenty of time to be warned. So glad I got her! Only time she gives me problems is when she jumps up and runs off full speed. As I get older it is harder to keep up with her. And when she starts

leaping over 4 rail fences, well, forget it. I just hope it ain't a bear chasing us!

Car.jpg

Last edited:
Meet the family.

Scruffy and her daughters. I don't like it when she snorts that crack corn in front of the kids!
Family.jpg

Another daughter coming?

Webp.net-compress-image(4).jpg

Genetically speaking - I would select THIS male for breeding. The phenos I'd be looking for are size, strength, and propensity to survive. Using Scruffy's genetics to breed a better Guard Dog!
Male.jpg

Longball

Last edited:
Hello acrid!

Well, she's actually bigger than my table! First dog I had that doesn't care for meat. No problem getting her to eat veggies! Once I set out separate piles of boiled potatoes, carrots, celery, spinach, and I had some leftover cherry pie that I set out. I was a bit surprised when she only ate the cherry pie.

Once a friend from New York City called me, her voice all panicky, "Help! I'm sitting my car in your driveway and there is a huge animal with teeth looking right in my window! What the hell is it? Help!" I said, no worries, she just wants to check you for food before she lets you in the house. If you have a cherry pie you won't be allowed to bring it in. I guess they don't have feral dogs in New York City?

Longball

I don't know man. It looks like she's trying to jack your spare, steal the av gas out of the hot rod, and sneak into your drying room.
I'd definitely keep an eye on her. Now as to all the others, well don't let them take advantage of you.

In my experience here with white tail deer in the PNW, they tend to eat young to few month old cannabis plants. So I keep them behind a deer fence, or in one of the several greenhouses that I have here. I have one particular buck that hangs out here and eats apples and keeps the trees trimmed below 5 feet. He is just called Buck. Like the neighbor's goat, that I call Goat. Goat also likes apples and mj trim leaves.

@Big Sur, "In my experience here with white tail deer in the PNW, they tend to eat young to few month old cannabis plants."

Hello Big Sur!

Here in New York deer love to eat young cannabis plants. If you have whitetail deer around they will devastate your crop. They love eating young cannabis plants like Scruffy the Guard Dog loves eating cherry pie! I would not suggest using a Guard Deer for watching your crops. Like a fox guarding your chicken coop!

If I am successful in breeding Scruffy the Guard Dog, I would gladly send you a package of 12 '21 Scruffy the Guard Dog puppies in exchange for 3 of your '68 ZP seeds!

Longball

"Scruffy the Guard Dog approves this message"

Last edited:
@slabsofdank, "steal the av gas out of the hot rod,"

Hello slabsofdank!

Sharp eye there, mate! It's not actually AV fuel but Methanol. I use methanol injection in my up-pipe to cool the intake charge from the turbo. It starts ramping in when I hit 6lbs of boost. I have a super secret switch hidden under my dashboard to switch tunes. 93/Methanol street tune, 110 race fue/Methanol tune for racing, valet tune where car will start but only go 5 mph, and a tune to reduce fuel, etc for better gas mileage, never tried that one!

Post up how that U2 is curing, I bet it's getting better by the day!

Longball

Last edited:
U2 f2 gen. Fruity, spicy, peppery. Reminds me of 70's mexican that came through at times as unbricked sensimilla.
11.15.20U2.jpeg
Ratty looking I know, old school hand trim after hanging is how I do it. Being left handed most scissors hurt after awhile. These have been hanging for a few weeks now makes them so much easier to process.

forgive the junk, I'm out of space.
11.15.20.U2.jpeg
11.15.20..U2.jpeg
I hate to trim so pretty much let it hang cure like tobacco. She made a bunch though, ten jars in the cupboard and all this still hanging. It happens. ;)

Hello @slabsofdank!

Is that all from the monsterous U2 plant by your deck? The Hibiscus looks just as fresh as it did this summer! Hang cure like tobacco. I used to grow my own Gold Leaf tobacco here in New York when I smoked cigarettes. Best tobacco I ever had. No additives, just pure tobacco. Left handed, eh?

Over the years I've noticed that left-handers seem just a bit better looking and a bit more intelligent than the average person. Have you ever noticed that? There are those who claim that I only say that because I am left-handed. To that I say, rubbish!!! It's true!
Source:
https://www.ijcmr.com/uploads/7/7/4/6/77464738/ijcmr_909_sep_16.pdf

Excerpt from above:
"Results: In the present study, it was concluded that the left-handers are more intelligent than the right-handers which was calculated on the basis of raw scores and time of completion in the test for intelligence."

Right-handers have a better sense of humor(I hope!).

Longball

Is that all from the monsterous U2 plant by your deck?

That be her and the two little bare root transplants. Actually, she was four plants grown in the same place. I'll tell you the secret since the mrs won't see this thread. I noticed a little volunteer seedling come up where I stood there and cleaned bud to smoke, out on the deck. Well, I told her about it and she said let's see what it will do since it wasn't planted or anything. Right?
Well, right away I started imagining a big plant. Heck, I knew she wouldn't notice if I put a few more seeds in the ground. So I did. I planted a few U2 #2 and #6 seeds from the 2019 grow. There are subtle differences. Mainly in density of buds and calyx to leaf ratio, but taste and flavor are so similar I can't tell them apart.
Our secret...;)

Back