Grover's organic Nevil's Haze

also, what happened to saying the haze grows better away from the light, on the edge of the grow room, now we need to flood the plant with multiple lights ?

which is it ?

i plan on a big haze run come spring and id like an answer before then as it cant be both

ill be doing NH, NH/Mango, the cure, and skunk haze

the haze grows better away from the light, on the edge of the grow room, now we need to flood the plant with multiple lights ?

Yes, it is both the same principle; you want to reduce the electrical stress.

I hope FX can do a better job explaining that than I did here.
What makes the NH and sativa's in general so “difficult” indoors is the high VPG.
There are many ways to make it easier once you understand that well.

Yes, it is both the same principle; you want to reduce the electrical stress.

I hope FX can do a better job explaining that than I did here.
What makes the NH and sativa's in general so “difficult” indoors is the high VPG.
There are many ways to make it easier once you understand that well.

been growing sativas indoors since before we could get our hands on indica seeds

im not interested in the conspiracy thread sorry, it just doesnt fit my growing style/conditions/environment

just wanting a better explanation on lighting these mns haze plants as NO it can not be both ways, yet we have been told both recently

:confused:

As for lighting, just keep the bulbs far burther away than you would your typical hybrids or indie doms. The idea that closer to the buds equals bigger buds is not the case with sativa dom hazes. Keep it way up. Think about the sun in the tropics in the summer. The sun is killing the plants, so it develops these very very thin long narrow leaves to cope. Indoors likewise, keep the bulbs up high, this will help the plant stay healthy and transpire at a slower pace.

Im sure Yosemite Sam can further help clue us in on how to grow haze indoors properly. I suggest you all look thru his pics/threads.

Bless up.

Well this is a really interesting thread, it started out celebrating Nevilles Haze and ended up calling it Nevilles Hay.

I'm somewhat humbled by the level of experience on this board and i consider Grey Man to be one of the better growers and solid supporters of MNS.

I may never grow Nevilles Haze, partly because of this thread but ultimately because.

1. I get totally shit faced on the MNS stuff I have grown
  2. I don't own or have access to the best of the best of growing mediums, lights, climate control etc.
  3. I get totally shit face on ... oh I said that already
  4. Grail Widow is hazey enough for me, very much a head high and I know my skills are amateur
  5. I learned a LOT from grail widow, the first 8 I totally fucked up because my soil wasn't right, the second 8 were better, my pick was a fine lady that gave me lots of potent bud and also proved that growing conditions for these high end hazes is key. Everything is critical.
  6. I got great plants from a dreamtime pack, and I was amazed to find a plant that I didn't like, taste, effect, smell. I didn't think that was possible, now I understand that this was a haze harvested way too early.
Best plant yet was an NHS girl, grown outdoors, I really thought she was a runt when first planted but later I sat in her shade, and now I can't afford to smoke her if I'm around 'normal' humans.

So a good read, a great grower and a whole lot of reality.

I hope greyman's next grow is awesome, he seem like a decent dude and I respect his honesty in this matter.

It's worth noting also that I have had uncontrolled giggles from MNS genetics but that is more situation dependant (shovelling snow with my daughter, I almost died laughing) not so much the herb, than the moment. It was different when I was 18.

Not sure what exactly I'm trying to say, drank too much, haven't smoked in days, looking forward to some MNS hay! :D

I may never grow Nevilles Haze

Once you know how to grow barnflowers you can grow anything :)

im not interested in the conspiracy thread

Thanks for the compliment, but to be fair the whole conspiracy theory was made up by the director of the botanical garden at the TU Delft, based on Joules laws and real life tests.

What kills plants is moisture most of all.
Outdoors in case leave tips burn that will always happen in autumn, not in summer (assuming normal weather).
Most of the damage is done when the sun isn't even up, but when temperature differences cause moisture. When the vertical potential gradient gets so high it causes the burning of the leave tips.
Indoors our sativa's are literally spraying and burning during the dark period, (again) like this:

slide_0025.jpg

This must be the single biggest problem indoor sativa growers have.

Really appreciate your input in this thread Bubbleblower. It's honest, informative, open threads like these that separate MNS from the other seed companies. as long as there's intelligent respectful exchanges taking place between educated, experienced individuals I feel like we are all "growing" as people. Thanks for the thread Grover.

M.

Nevils haze is and always will be great herb when selected correctly it took me 15 females to find a keeper and about 3 runs at that!!! It's that skittles type of fruit funk ur looking for!! It's in there but frustrating to find for sure!

Not sure bout this "genetic drift" sounds like a load of shit! Might it be that our perceptions may have just changed over time?

Nevils haze is and always will be great herb when selected correctly it took me 15 females to find a keeper and about 3 runs at that!!! It's that skittles type of fruit funk ur looking for!! It's in there but frustrating to find for sure!

Not sure bout this "genetic drift" sounds like a load of shit! Might it be that our perceptions may have just changed over time?

Skittles flavor in the Nev's Haze? I want that one. I found what I thought was a good one in one pack... Now I realize I've been cheated! How dare MNS sell me a pack of seed with one really awesome plant that I thought was a keeper and then I find out there are Skittles phenos! Foul! How many seeds does it take to find one? How heartless can Shanti be? Preying off of the hopes and dreams of poor growers worldwide, all desperate to find the alleged next best candy flavored elusive pheno. Oh, the humanity! There isn't even a skittles pheno mentioned anywhere in the strain description. I thought my cedary terpentine pheno was exceptional, now I know I was living a lie. A lie that MNS was only to happy to let me believe... A conspiracy indeed! A conspiracy of dankness and a bottneck of quality, ha ha.

As for lighting, just keep the bulbs far burther away than you would your typical hybrids or indie doms. The idea that closer to the buds equals bigger buds is not the case with sativa dom hazes. Keep it way up. Think about the sun in the tropics in the summer. The sun is killing the plants, so it develops these very very thin long narrow leaves to cope. Indoors likewise, keep the bulbs up high, this will help the plant stay healthy and transpire at a slower pace.

Im sure Yosemite Sam can further help clue us in on how to grow haze indoors properly. I suggest you all look thru his pics/threads.

Bless up.

dude, thats sooo wrong idk where to start

sun killing plants ? wtf ! i wonder what they do in nepal at 5000m altitude with their plants ... oh yeah, and all tropics are desserts bc sun killed all plants ... where is the facepalm smiley? ;)

also the far away thing - is just an idea - one that came up within hempys twisted reality brain and has become a false truth, what a shame ... and his micro buds were to deliver the proof ? all ive seen where big plants, with micro buds and he never hit the 1g/w mark fyi, hempy was never a great grower just a good grower

all hazes and haze hybs i had performed better close to the bulb, not far away, to the point that indi doms and hybs got light bleaching while hazes didnt care at all, also the ion thing is bullshit indoors, keep your humidity levels straight, your temps, some airflow .. thats all thats needed

haze n hybs arent difficult to grow at all, contrary, easier than most white strains or kushes, only thing thats hard is the time, a noob cant kill so much off within 8 weeks than within 20 weeks, thats all

Skittles flavor in the Nev's Haze? I want that one. I found what I thought was a good one in one pack... Now I realize I've been cheated! How dare MNS sell me a pack of seed with one really awesome plant that I thought was a keeper and then I find out there are Skittles phenos! Foul! How many seeds does it take to find one? How heartless can Shanti be? Preying off of the hopes and dreams of poor growers worldwide, all desperate to find the alleged next best candy flavored elusive pheno. Oh, the humanity! There isn't even a skittles pheno mentioned anywhere in the strain description. I thought my cedary terpentine pheno was exceptional, now I know I was living a lie. A lie that MNS was only to happy to let me believe... A conspiracy indeed! A conspiracy of dankness and a bottneck of quality, ha ha.

Frankincense cedary phenos sound good to me!!
I really don't think finding a good keeper is any harder in the nev then any other mns hybrid and yes I've run most of them certainly ssh mangohz afghan haze etc.
Id report that finding great plants were equal for me difference with the nevs it just bloody takes longer the afghanhz gave we the lowest haze ratios personally.

I hear the thing about hay like phenos, ssh pretty much gave you a keeper in every seed were as with the nevs its very obvious that some phenos are completely undesirable but decent enough ratios to find a keeper and well worth the search in a SINGLE pack!!!

Back