Flower pics 2018

Good to hear that you agree on the finishing up time. Thanks for the compliment Mark :cool: The prove is in the seed :D it`s the genetics, Led`s and hydro that does it for me.

Thanks Musashi :) i`ll def let her go another two weeks or atleast till she fatens up some more and color up her pistels. I cant enjoy a short lived high. And take your word for it to let her mature well.To get the full experience :cool:

Since i switched over from HPS to Led i noticed that my runs with fems like i did before tended to ended up a week to two weeks later than i was used to. As far as i understand it comes from the led spectrum having lesser red in it compared to HPS. An other led grower told me to try the 11/13 cycle and see what that brings me. So far i can say it did take some time of the runs again.

Thanks Efesto for pointing me into that direction. :) Will go and see what i can find on there.

I've tried the plant in total dark for a few days to a week or so. I honestly think it really had no effect other than just what a plant would normally do during the same time period of normal lighting.
I have had luck with sativa's by extending the dark period by going 12/12 then 10/14 and down to 8/16 even.
It does speed flowering and is not an unnatural thing....plants see this in nature with the onset of outdoor autumn winter shorter days.
Total darkness for days on end....not so much.

P.s. yea they look to need at least 2 more weeks, possibly even more.
You can get deceived by things reflecting behind gland heads....move the light around and be sure its milky and not a reflection causing it to look milky when still being clear.
I would definately wait for amber....and swelling calyxs and the pistles to turn orange or red.
They look way early right now.

Last edited:
IMG_36772.JPG
IMG_36902.JPG
IMG_36922.JPG
IMG_36943.JPG
IMG_36972.JPG
IMG_3698.JPG
IMG_3708.JPG
IMG_3709.JPG
IMG_3711.JPG
IMG_3713.JPG
IMG_3714.JPG
IMG_3718.JPG
IMG_3723.JPG
IMG_3727.JPG

Another week went by and The coloring of the pistels started. I also spotted some ambers but im still confinced that she needs more time. at least another week or so.

grow_5_.JPG

Its getting crowed in there. the first pre flowers are showing up. I kicked out one NL5/Afg male today so the others would have some more light. There are still 10pcs left in there. The La Nina lady has to hurry up these veggies are bursting out their pots and roots are going all through the tray. Hope i can spot more pre flowers the coming days and transplant the girls next week if the LN is done.

Thank you CannaFish! i`m familiar with the technique, and tryed it in several runs. Me personally think it didnt do much. i rather give them a slow dry and good cure. Ive seen buds mature further in a good slow dry proces, especially when the buds where left on the branches.

n2ishun thanks! I did cut of a few sugar leaves and looked at them in several angles and light sources. They are milky thats for sure. But i do agree that they need more time to mature.

Dieselhaze840 Thank you!

Greetzz

Last edited:
Thank you Efesto! :cool:

Yeah, think you are right. that another week or so, is tomorrow already again and from the looks and checking trichomes ive got to let her stay in a litle longer to mature to the max.

Mostlikely, but im still debating if i going to lower the ec to the point that 1 or 2 girls can join on the tray without getting burned. And at the same time i sort of start flushing the LN girl.

I can already let you guys know that #1 is right up my alley ;) she is in the jars right now for the real cure. I do regret it a litle, i didnt clone her. I could consider her as a keeper. Fast finisher, fat and heavy nugs and a real punch in effects.

will trow up some pictures again tomorrow.

Greetzz

Thank you Dandaweedman :)

10weeks of (visible)flower. Most of the pistels are maturing and are changing from color. Every day i spot more amber trichomes, almost hitting that 10% mark. Gonna give her another week before i cut here up.

Greetzz

IMG_3800.JPG
IMG_3799.JPG
IMG_3797.JPG
IMG_37951.JPG
IMG_3789.JPG
IMG_3788.JPG
IMG_3787.JPG
IMG_3786.JPG
IMG_37841.JPG
IMG_3777.JPG

Pre-Harvest Picas

Good day MNS Familia, :cool:

Today i`m here to show you the last living bud pics of the La Nina. She has been in the game for 11,5 weeks, about 20% amber trichs at harvest. Frosty and sticky, good candidate for bbbuble hash. Nice smell, lemony citrus, and a sweet spice of something. reminds me of opening the spice draw. The non sugar leaves got plucked off and the rest of the buds with alot sugar leaves are placed to dry. Medium-compact bud. Good yield, would like her better with a shorter flowering period. But it will be all up to the smoke test until i`ll give La Nina a score based on two phenotypes. La Nina already got a place at my favourites thanks to her sister, thats beacause she ticks off all the boxes for me.
Next time follow up on the smoke report of #1

In the veg tent everything got out of control, some where light starved and others over a meter high already. I started 12seeds, now im back to 7 what i think are girls not 100% sure yet on all of them. Had to really abuse them, and some lost about 5nodes. Now the flower trays are filled again. The plants are recovering from the transplant and the abuse. Added the benificials bacteria to the reservoirs that should help them to recover and get healthy again. No pic this time. Will open up another thread for them as soon as they are photo worthy again.

Enjoy the pics,

Greetzz

IMG_3886.JPG
IMG_3885.JPG
IMG_3884.JPG
IMG_38811.JPG
IMG_3880.JPG
IMG_3879.JPG
IMG_3878.JPG
IMG_3876.JPG

I just love the way this plant expresses itself! You are killin it Byron!

Aloha

M

How many feet by feet is your scrog? Nice set up by the way...im going to get some qb 96 elite engines. Led lights rock..

thanks Mark! Will do a smoke report once cured. I`m excited about the La Nina hope she`s some fine medicine :cool: can`t wait till they finish getting a bit bored with the mangohaze

Thanks Guys! :cool:

This scrog screen is 130cm long 80cm wide. Those quantum boards will do fine, they run one of the best efficient leds that are around. Personally i do like COBs better because i can spread the light more evenly.

In the meanwhile im working on the smoke reports. And start to enjoy my current BlackWidow & NL5/Afg grow.

Thanks Guys! :cool:

This scrog screen is 130cm long 80cm wide. Those quantum boards will do fine, they run one of the best efficient leds that are around. Personally i do like COBs better because i can spread the light more evenly.

In the meanwhile im working on the smoke reports. And start to enjoy my current BlackWidow & NL5/Afg grow.

I would suggest building your lights with strips if you feel you don't get even coverage with a QB,
https://ledgardener.com/diy-led-strip-build-designs-samsung-bridgelux/

COBs are good don't get me wrong they offer better light penetration but they are less efficient due to the heat they generate.

COBs are best for Christmas tree type grows due to there penetration.

QB or LED strips are best in grows where you don't require strong light penetration for example in a scrog or sog etc.

Another suggestion I like to make is to take advantage of ultra red and far red LEDs, you should have approximately 20% more far red then ultra red and by leaving just the far red portion of your lighting running for 15 minutes after lights out it will help put your plants to sleep sooner which will help initiate flowering faster and flowering to finish faster.

You can also add up to approximatelty 5% UVA lighting to your setup to be run during the final weeks of flowering, the UVA casues stress and this increases cannabionod production but you don't want to overdo it.

Do a bit of googling and have a bit of think, most of what I just said is from memory so my numbers are probably a little off.

Hello Dkeppel,

I do agree with some of your points made. First off the website you reffer to is a good place to start learning the basics around LED!:)
I do agree The strips are a good choice for a sea of green or a scrog style of grow and lesser ideal in a regular grow, indeed because of the penetration.

The strips spread their heat compared to COB but they arent any more efficient than the cobs. Some of the cobs i have here are 186lumens/watt that is some what the same as samsungs second best ledstrip leds that push out 187lumens/watt. So i`m not sure how you came to this conclusion.

The COBs, i use them intentionally. Allright its confusing because of the scrog screen but i actually dont really scrog the plants. it`s mainly there to guide them without really tying them down. And because i only do 11/13 grows some varieties dont develop to strong examples, and they need some support as tops get to heavy for the branches. The plants i top them early on and after that i dont want to stress them as it slows down the growth so that brings me to that i need that penetration and get tops developed all over the plant as i dont lollipop.

I have aditional far red leds, and run them 5min before lights out for 15min total for the exact reasons you gave. ;)

UVA lamps and sorts scare me as they can have effect on cancer cells in our bodies, i heard.:confused: Cancer is not my friend so to say, so out of precaution i stay away from those lamps.

Thanks for your input :)

This thread still deserves a smoke report, so here comes the short version.

The #1 "Afgan pheno" she finished fast, solid buds and a nice berries smell.

Taste: 8 Cranberries with a hint of spice
effect:8 Couchlocky with a tint of high last for 2 hours Good for getting sleep on

The #2 "longer-finishing plant" took some more time but. I was complaining about her finishing time, but will take my words back as she is totally worth it!

Taste: 9 lemony citrus, and a sweet spice of pepper
effect:9 Nicely balanced, dreamy couchlock with a good portion of high aswell. I like her alot! creative high if you dont consume to much and a total knock out if the intake is increased.

In the mean while ive grown more LaNina and NL5/Afgh and BlackWidow, had some nice BlackWidows but still To me they cant compete with the LaNina ive liked the BW better than the Nl5/afgh but it was still lacking something that i found in the LN. Ive blasted trough my LN seeds :D and right now the last two seeds are week 1 in togheter with a few SilverHazes. Hopefully my order arives soon so i can pop more LaNinas and finally some MedMan :cool: and find some time to keep up a growreport .

Greetzz

LN is my favorite herb I've ever grown. Your review makes me want to grow it again, but I think I need to wait til Fall to pop em. I think this is the most underrated strain in the game. Everyone should give it a go.

The longer flowering ones don't have bag appeal, so you have to smoke it with people before ya show it to them. Well worth the time, though.

I hope your last two are the best ones. Good luck.

Hey braddah! Your La Nina grow has got me thinking of growing it alongside The Doors this next go round. Thanks again for the encouragement brah!

Shaka
Mu

I came to that conclusion because at the time of building my LED light, strips had better efficiency, it's not going to matter a hell of a lot for a home grower anyway, it's pretty small difference.

Besides I wasnt knocking you for using COBs, if I lived somewhere legal and could just throw up a few tents I'd use COBs, I always end up growing in a restricted head space for stealth reason so strips are better for my purpose.

Last edited:
Hello Hello ,

Thanks Ronin, i agree it`s a underrated strain. Me personally think it`s because of the widow genetics that most people tend to avoid now a days. Some friends i told this was an old haze variety that you can`t find in the coffeeshops around here and they are all over it. if i told them it was widdow most of them would decline it. About Bag appeal you where right again the long flowering ones tend to have less appeal, but some do.

I had a good deal with the whole package 18 seeds and 14 females. And from all those females there where two i didn`t like that much. Turned those to ice hash that i liked better. She scores good overall and some specials could be found, like the one that smelled like cranberries with a very short flowering period that still produces a strong power full indica blast.

I very much like how she responds to my growing style 11/13 from the start, ebb and flow with hydroton once toped still gives plants that grow up to 1 meter. Brings good weight 1,5g/W easy. Very forgiving towards pH driftings and higher temps. And so far proves mold resistent.

Pop those LN you`ve got my friend you cannot be dissapointed from my point of view though.

Hey Marcus! Thanks. Was about time i dropped it :D a short one but if any one wanna know more just ask. Oh and ive seen what you`ve been cooking up lately with those old beans, keep it up bro! i like it, even if i not responded. been bussy lately.

Hey Musashi! Thanks brother! Your welcome! And... Do it! would love to see you rocking on those LN! and it could be just that special inbetween the doors and all of the indica stuff you`ve have going on lately.

Hey Dkeppel, That makes sense if ya bring it like that. I didn`t feel knocked on my friend. Just wanted to understand where your point of view comes from and it is easy for someone else to take your comment as that strips are more efficient. And there is already so much mis-information around Leds i would like to keep it straight, and so people don`t make the wrong conclusions. With leds you take what suits you and the growing space i absolutely agree.

Greetzz

Back