Early Queen outdoor Ontario, Canada

EQ#1 Going on week 7 I believe. Great plant and so far very please with the results. Smells great and was breeze to grow. So far no signs of mold or powdery mildew and we have had some torrential downpours. This girl stood up to the wind and all with zero support. Knock on wood I plan to harvest this girl within the next week or two and hoping the smoke tastes as good as it smells. @Islandgrower took your advice and cut a couple small clones from the bottom for next year god willing.
07F01F37-DB22-4159-8482-97EE8DBAD825.jpeg17DC310F-9132-453A-91A7-F89A13DA1733.jpegD4CEC44E-715B-4305-ACA5-5F6A61CD2B98.jpeg7EDB3737-D5B8-4301-A6F9-7D30ACC499D7.jpeg

EQ#2 Not the favourite but very nice plant no mold in the buds but starting to get hit with septoria in the lower leaves. Seems like she is going to need a bit longer to finish as well. Don’t think I had this girl dialed in as well as her sister which maybe the reason for the mediocre results thus far.
7BB4190C-4EF4-4332-B70E-86D4FA8DD18D.jpeg898B0305-CB14-4CD4-BD10-C63A81D18CF9.jpeg86002158-8E56-4ACB-9CB4-452D4BC3F73B.jpeg

I am sure the clones will catch and you will have some beasts come spring. Big container with a built in scrog will definitely do her justice. At least on one of the clones. 😁 I can see it now a 4ft by 8 ft scrog lol 3 pounds easy . A guy can dream can't he hahaha. Beautiful job on the EQ's

I am sure the clones will catch and you will have some beasts come spring. Big container with a built in scrog will definitely do her justice. At least on one of the clones. 😁 I can see it now a 4ft by 8 ft scrog lol 3 pounds easy . A guy can dream can't he hahaha. Beautiful job on the EQ's
I‘m planning to keep a clone over the winter and plant in the ground come spring. No more pots outdoors for this guy thats way to much work and as you can see can also be problems.
I like your optimism and think EQ can get to 10’ a season here no problem. We have a two month veg period where I am so plants can get huge. My mighty grape is in the ground and stands about 11’ tall had to tie her back from peaking over the fence watching all the little kids playing ball.
E7071723-3DDB-4BDF-93A0-6870DE2F89FA.jpeg

These were the little stinging ants I kept finding them biting me somewhere the rest of the day. So don’t think they are the kind that work with aphids. Didn’t see any of them or scale just septoria which is probably a result from these little buggers. I’m surprised I didn’t notice they were there but I’m not going to lie I found watering a chore and didn’t pay much attention to what was running out.
In my old age I have seemed to developed a soft spot for all living things and hate killing anything unless I absolutely have to this includes ants. I think my Hoyt bow and tree stand may be sitting out this season and possibly many more.

I gave up shooting birds for the same reasons and only shoot clays now. My lawn is overrun with dandelions and parts are unmowed to provide habitat in my back yard. My neighbors regard me with suspicion. Spiders live in the house lol. We are all connected. BUT DON’T FK WITH MY MEDICINAL PLANTS!

mu

I gave up shooting birds for the same reasons and only shoot clays now. My lawn is overrun with dandelions and parts are unmowed to provide habitat in my back yard. My neighbors regard me with suspicion. Spiders live in the house lol. We are all connected. BUT DON’T FK WITH MY MEDICINAL PLANTS!

mu
I’m 100% the same. I’ve been an outdoors man for years and will continue to financially support the clubs in my area and the work they do to benefit wildlife. But with everything going on in the world lack of biodiversity, lack of habitat, changing landscapes, over development etc. Taking a big buck in 2020 doesn’t have the same feeling it did in 2010. I think I’d rather grow plants for now anyway.

I take people out on the driftboat to flyfish. They fish, I row. These days, I get out in the boat just to feel the waves and river current rock me. And as far as the bird hunting, no killing anymore but it's a wondrous experience being out in nature, walking with an open double-barrel in arm, just to watch the dogs work.
Looks like you'll harvest enough to get you through the winter braddah. Jah bless!

mu

Back