Early Pearl Skunk Haze

amathystbuddah

Got some fresh beans from the good Doctor C.

Germed in kitchen roll and then into soil The stems were soo thin to start off with, shouldnt have worried:)

They soon took off tho at times they would bend over just from misting, but the little souls just kept getting back up

They have been grown in Canna Bio Terra and veged under a UFO which they love. We Come In Peace:D

Nutrients and addatives are Canna tho not Bio

More pics soon as this is being done retrospectively (about 4 weeks of pics to get thru)

Must hit the hay now ,Night Night Everyone,Night Night;)

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    877.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    719.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    744.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    686.9 KB · Views: 8
7 to 14 days of veg

Here are my EPSk Hz as mentioned at one to two weeks of veg under a UFO

Some raised eyebrows maybe but sure seems to work for me

Sure I heard one of the children say I KNOW WHAT I SAW!:rolleyes:

Have been potting up every week but must say the root developement
was not as I would have imagined it to be compared to the nondescript beans Ive been practising on up to now, but as I said in the previous post, shouldnt have worried

These beans are just so full of life. Great job Shanti:D

Have a great weekend everyone Peace:)

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    660.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    870.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    737.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    711 KB · Views: 9
Nice Job so far.

Have you been using the UFO for awhile? It looks like it does a good job in veg, how does it do in flower?

Hi Resinfinger, nice of you to drop by,thanks for the words of encouragement:)

The UFO is just used for veg, tho it was bought with the intention of doing the whole job but after reading post after post on other forums saying they wont do for flowering I submitted to the lure of HIDs and now use a 400w hps

I have promised myself a little challenge of doing a full grow with the UFO
and after being pointed in the direction of supercropping by PatricStar and your good selfI think I now have one of the tequeniques(??) to realise it
One critisism of LEDs is not enough light penetration so a nice canopy job just sounds the ticket tho think it would have to be a ratio of one light to one plant for any real chance of success

But as for vegging I cant fault it:D

Hi Resinfinger, nice of you to drop by,thanks for the words of encouragement:)

The UFO is just used for veg, tho it was bought with the intention of doing the whole job but after reading post after post on other forums saying they wont do for flowering I submitted to the lure of HIDs and now use a 400w hps

I have promised myself a little challenge of doing a full grow with the UFO
and after being pointed in the direction of supercropping by PatricStar and your good selfI think I now have one of the tequeniques(??) to realise it
One critisism of LEDs is not enough light penetration so a nice canopy job just sounds the ticket tho think it would have to be a ratio of one light to one plant for any real chance of success

But as for vegging I cant fault it:D

i heard ufo can be good for flowering but not on there own because of the light spectrum give of being so precise. but with a bit of extra light from cfl's ect you can get results. by the way your grows looking well so fare keep it up amathystbuddah.

Hi brock1 , Hows your field.. Good I hope Nice of you to pop in for a look

Did hear the idea of putting a low energy lamp in with the ufo to give more of an orange spectrum (dont know what wavelength) and triband models were coming out as well so maybe thats helped matters

Good luck to the folks who are trying new ideas and methods but I didnt want to waste 3 months messing up my first grow with unproven kit

As it turned out I managed to totally mess up my first grow with proven kit, so what does that prove:rolleyes:

Anyhoo things are very much better now ,each grow getting better and using Shantis beans now so on to a total no brainer:D

Might go knock on the Toothless Herbalists door see how his girls are doing

Have fun brock1 Peace;)

vegging with red ?

would have loved to see what they would have vegged like under the proper spectrum (blue)

but if you say they are full of life then awesome :D

About LEDs

I have a buddy who will be doing a handful of MNS strains under two UFO LEDs for veg in a 4x4 area (equivalent to 800W HID) and two UFO LEDs and two LED panels for flower in a 4x4 area (equivalent to 1300W HID). I will post results and am confident they will be able to dismantle any RUMORS about LEDs being ineffective. And by the way, no heat means the light doesn't need its own exhaust, i.e money saved. And also the lights consume 80% less power while being maintenance free for 10s of thousands of hours! LED is the future! Also, the UFO does incorporate a blue spectrum, and so is designed for both veg and bloom. HID remains popular due to the incumbent advantage. Just as you may argue the spectrum of an LED isn't broad enough, the spectrum of an HID can be considered too broad, where energy is "wasted" on heat and light of wavelength that isn't even used by the plant. Also, for all you naturalists out there, you are doing your planet a favor by not buying mercury containing products. Again, results are the real proof and I hope to persuade some of you with my buddy's LED grow. By the way, those seedlings are lookin happy under the UFO, no ;)

Last edited:
Hi brock1 , Hows your field.. Good I hope Nice of you to pop in for a look

Did hear the idea of putting a low energy lamp in with the ufo to give more of an orange spectrum (dont know what wavelength) and triband models were coming out as well so maybe thats helped matters

Good luck to the folks who are trying new ideas and methods but I didnt want to waste 3 months messing up my first grow with unproven kit

As it turned out I managed to totally mess up my first grow with proven kit, so what does that prove:rolleyes:

Anyhoo things are very much better now ,each grow getting better and using Shantis beans now so on to a total no brainer:D

Might go knock on the Toothless Herbalists door see how his girls are doing

Have fun brock1 Peace;)

i understand you don't wont to mess your grow mate trying the ufo with a lamp. i think your right. a little at a time when growing help more than doing everything at once that's for sure. i heard pretty much the same thing about orange spectrum its meant to make a big difference in flower but takes the cost effectiveness away from using a led light. my plants are a bit leggy at the minute just started moving outdoor last week. but having fun messing about with them as always lol. think i will do some lst with the outdoor plants this year i give up with pruning here. it just seems to make the plant mould up here. i am sure you learned a lot from your first crop you messed up mate. some of the best lessons come from messing up so looking forward to see how much it learned you. that's the think with this years outdoor plant i honestly don't mind messing a few up. i am just going to have fun with then. if you happen to have something you wanted to try on a plant but dernt try on one of your just let me know. as long as it can be done on a outdoor plant i will give it ago and let you know how messed up the plant turned out lol. all the best luck with your plants mate.

i heard ufo can be good for flowering but not on there own because of the light spectrum give of being so precise. but with a bit of extra light from cfl's ect you can get results. by the way your grows looking well so fare keep it up amathystbuddah.

Look up the absorption/action spectrum of your average plant pigments and you will find that the majority of photosynthetic activity is accomplished under these narrow ranges provided by the quality LEDs. Why do you need other wavelengths when your plant won't even use them? Or, if they use them, gain relatively little from them?

Himalayan Gold vegged 3 weeks

Hi b0b

ok here are some Himalayan Gold vegged for 3 weeks and 2 days away from going under hps 12/12 (These plants were back in Febuary)

They are in 7" diamiter pots and sat in a cat litter tray 17"x13" if that helps give some idea of scale

As I said earlier I would love to have a go at growing one fat topped girl under the ufo but really Im looking to get a 600w hps rather than the 400w I use right now. 50% more light for 33% more money seems to make sense

Havent even touched on how a mother would grow under a UFO...hmmmm:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    750.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Hey brock1 think you slightly misunderstand mate, never did try to flower under the UFO but if I were to I would use a cfl to boost the spectrum.

It would be just a fun experiment for when Im a bit more savvie about what Im doing

As for suggestions about what to do with your outside crop "Do em good brock1, Do em real good":cool::D

Best of luck mate;)

Hi there GreenFever Hope your good

To be perfectly honest I recon your mate will need something more like 400w of led power in that space and a grow tequenike(????) that stops em shooting up and gets em to spread out SOG SCROG LST ...etc

Id really like to see how that would go

And dont be taken in by manufacturers equivelant wattage output
The led panels I have should only be used as place mats at dinner parties
(plugged in of course) to give an errie glow from under the plate:D:eek::D

But what the heck, Hope it goes well and please do post pics when it happens
Theres not much of an led culture here at MNS

Peace:)

15 to24 days of vegging

These shots show the children over a 10 day period during which they have been repotted twice and about to go into 12/12

For those who are looking at this as a LED only veg operation I must point out that the final 3 days were veged under hps due to a drop in temps here which caused them to stall a bit so gave em some warmth which they loved:)

They have now been in 12/12 for 11 days and in that time 3 boys have shown themselves out of 11 started.Do expect more but thats just the nature of
regular seeds:eek:

I think Ill go make a brew now folks. Happy gardening everyone . Peace:D

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    793.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    660.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    874.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    883 KB · Views: 14
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    556.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    899.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    908.5 KB · Views: 23
Look up the absorption/action spectrum of your average plant pigments and you will find that the majority of photosynthetic activity is accomplished under these narrow ranges provided by the quality LEDs. Why do you need other wavelengths when your plant won't even use them? Or, if they use them, gain relatively little from them?

the only colour that wont effect a plant is green. so if that's so a plant must use the others in one way or another. i am a fan of led lights never tried on yet because i think there's a lot of work to be done with them to get a good flowering from them. the led grows i have seen with only led lights have been no better than my first grow. i used a 90w hps lamp i riped from the side of a old factory and averaged 3/4oz dry per plant. so dont see the benefit of using led to hps for flowering yet. but i think there getting better and soon could be as good if not better than hps lights.

Days 1 to 7 of 12/12

Some shots from the first week of 12/12

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    891.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    857.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    878 KB · Views: 8
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    696 KB · Views: 9
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    859.1 KB · Views: 13
7 to 14 days of 12/12

Out of 11 beans started 4 turned out to be boys so just down to the 7 girls now
all showing different styles from compact broad leafed indica types to long stretchy sats. Even had a go at supercropping some of the leggier girls but theyre so strong they just keep getting back up again!!:D

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    861.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    892.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    730.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    769.8 KB · Views: 12
17 days of 12/12

There we go folks the timemachine ride is now over and Im up to date with the pics:)

This week theyve been given pk13 14 so are all loaded up with grub and growing like gooduns. What a pleasure to be able to bring such fantastic plants on, Cheers Shanti. Peace:D

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    735.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    566.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    666 KB · Views: 10
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg