Early Haze Outdoors

Hi josh,

Thanks for the idea, I really do appreciate it. Where to stash the cash wasn't really my issue, although I could've used a safer location, but how to get it into the system 'clean'.

I've been assured by a few different people since then that wire transferring the money shouldn't be that big a problem, just get someone you trust to deposit it in their account and wire it to yours.

About this strain, I really miss it. I wish I would've grown nothing but this strain again this year, but instead I tried multiple strains that ended up just being a pain in the ass. I've smoked SSH grown by myself, and Amesia Haze grown by someone else. The SSH pheno I kept wasn't very hazy as far as I know, and the Amnesia Haze was chopped early IMO, so I can't say I have much to compare it to in regards to 'Haze' type high. What I can say is that it was one of the most enjoyable highs I've ever had the pleasure of feeling. Very subtle, just put me in a good mood without fucking me up out of my mind. Lasted a good amount of time, at least a few hours, especially the hash. Didn't develop that much of a tolerance too quickly. I have very fond memories of this strain and definitely plan on working with it again in the future.

Hope that helps you, I would recommend it to anyone, it's a pleasure to grow and you can find a pheno that suites you perfectly.

Smell: First, I should say that this was fairly low odor for me, and I think the slightly premature harvest helped contribute to that. The thing is, though, that I really, really like it like this. Almost every strain that I have grown myself, when you open the jar it is curing in, instantly reeks up the whole room with an unmistakable cannabis smell, and in 5 minutes the whole house smells of it. That does not happen with this strain. When I open the lid, it flash's this picture in my mind: Some super sexy chick in a short dress and high heels, who is probably wearing some lacy black lingerie underneath it walks by you and gives you one of those lusty looks, and you get all flustered, you all know that feeling. Well, right after she goes by you can feintly catch a smell of her perfume, which is a mix of flowers and spices, and is kind of light and not overpowering at all, but not fruity, and not spicey, and it is totally freaking awesome and you just want to fuck the shit out of that smell. That's what this cannabis smells like to me, haha, it's sexy, and there is just something about it which is very subtle, but makes me really enjoy it.

that's classic about gettin all flustered by the smell!

great thread man, glad you're on the other side of the hard times.

those are the best looking outdoor nugs i've ever seen.

looking forward to more threads from you now that you have a new indoor laboratory.

all the best :cool:

About this strain, I really miss it. I wish I would've grown nothing but this strain again this year, but instead I tried multiple strains that ended up just being a pain in the ass. I've smoked SSH grown by myself, and Amesia Haze grown by someone else. The SSH pheno I kept wasn't very hazy as far as I know, and the Amnesia Haze was chopped early IMO, so I can't say I have much to compare it to in regards to 'Haze' type high. What I can say is that it was one of the most enjoyable highs I've ever had the pleasure of feeling. Very subtle, just put me in a good mood without fucking me up out of my mind. Lasted a good amount of time, at least a few hours, especially the hash. Didn't develop that much of a tolerance too quickly. I have very fond memories of this strain and definitely plan on working with it again in the future.

Hope that helps you, I would recommend it to anyone, it's a pleasure to grow and you can find a pheno that suites you perfectly.

Since I can't find the smoke report 'template' I guess I will just do the best I can, haha.

SMOKE REPORT
strain: Early Haze
style: outdoors in the ground, organic, slightly N deficient throughout grow, harvested ~1 week too early
dates: 5/09 - 10/09

*Been smoking this roughly once every other day for about 2 months*
Head High: 8/10
Body High: 5/10
Smell: 10/10
Smokability: 10/10
Look: 7/10
Overall Score: 9/10

About the scores:
Head High: For me, this is the perfect number. It is very much in your head, all positive vibrations, but not so much that you aren't still able to do things normally, like go to work or concentrate on a problem.

Body High: Your body is relaxed after smoking, but not melting into the couch. Once again, almost the perfect number for me personally.

Smell: First, I should say that this was fairly low odor for me, and I think the slightly premature harvest helped contribute to that. The thing is, though, that I really, really like it like this. Almost every strain that I have grown myself, when you open the jar it is curing in, instantly reeks up the whole room with an unmistakable cannabis smell, and in 5 minutes the whole house smells of it. That does not happen with this strain. When I open the lid, it flash's this picture in my mind: Some super sexy chick in a short dress and high heels, who is probably wearing some lacy black lingerie underneath it walks by you and gives you one of those lusty looks, and you get all flustered, you all know that feeling. Well, right after she goes by you can feintly catch a smell of her perfume, which is a mix of flowers and spices, and is kind of light and not overpowering at all, but not fruity, and not spicey, and it is totally freaking awesome and you just want to fuck the shit out of that smell. That's what this cannabis smells like to me, haha, it's sexy, and there is just something about it which is very subtle, but makes me really enjoy it.

Smokability: From now on, I will try to grow every plant as I did these this year. Not just lightening up the N dosage, but almost causing a slight deficiency if possible without it hurting the plant too much. That is because after the cure, this weed smokes incredibly smooth. There is no harshness at all to speak of, and I find myself puffing on a joint like I used to smoke cigarettes. It doesn't make your lungs want to break open, or your throat feel like it's on fire at all. It burns so well that I noticed after a little while that was is happening is that the cannabis is smoking faster than the paper it is rolled in, and I'm always having to burn off excess paper off the end of the joints. Usually it is the other way around, haha. This isn't from it being too dry, either, because the cure went perfect this time around, and nugs still contain a little moisture when I pull them out and break them up, and then are perfect for smoking in 10 minutes.

Look: Honestly, it just looks like your average super funk. It's not glowing radioactive or anything, and it's not purple, or as iced out as some of L33t's pictures, haha. It does look great, though, don't get me wrong. It's not pressed, and it is very crystally, and it's got dark spots in the green from where it was a little purple from the cold, and it's got orange and red hairs all over, and not very dense buds so you can kind of see all the stacked calyx's well. So it looks very good, and sells easily, but I've definitely seen better.

I just met my guy yesterday and I asked him what people had been saying about the quality. He told me he keeps hearing, "that's the best weed I've ever smoked." I don't know if I'd go that far, but this is a very special strain to me now. I have absolutely fallen in love with how well this plant smokes, and the best way I can describe it in one word would be, 'lovely'. It is just a pleasure to smoke at any time. I already ordered this strain to grow again next year because I enjoyed growing it so much, but after smoking on it for awhile, I believe I am going to make this one 'my' strain, and definitely order some more seed and try to become an outdoor Early Haze master.

Hope that helps anyone in the future, I gave it 9/10 just because I don't feel like it's the best strain on the planet. I haven't grown that many strains, so I can't really say what would be a 10, yet. Although, this is the most enjoyable grow I have ever done, and I am very grateful to Shanti for putting the wheels in motion to allow me to take part in it. After all was said and done, this was one of the best learning experiences I've ever had, and not just with respect to growing cannabis, but also to finding things out about life and myself.

Reading over BobbyD's posts once again make me really want to try this one.

I contacted Shanti recently with a question about outdoor strains that would be suitable for outdoor growing in NZ and this was the strain he recommended. Reading the comments has made the decision for me. Look out for an outdoor EH in NZ grow journal coming soon.
Keep it green,
TGM.

Back