Early Haze Outdoors

Alright, here with a little redemption. I got some pics of the longest flowering plants right before they came down today. I had to run out there early this morning before my trimmers got there, and I was late for work because of it, but all in good fun =D

These were four plants that were taking the longest to finish. One of them probably isn't quite done, but weather no longer permits it to stay outdoors. This is what I am calling pheno C, with pheno A being the early ones, and pheno B being the middle range.

Btw, the weather was very bad these last three weeks, only two days of actual sunshine, the rest was wet, cold, and rainy or overcast. I was very happy with how these last few plants took it, though, they hardly got any mold and continued to ripen.

I couldn't quite get this picture in focus, but still wanted to show you how purple this one got. (Sorry for the picture quality of all these really, this is an old camera and I was in a big rush, these pictures don't do the plants any justice for how mouth watering they looked).

Here's a few nice flowers of funk.

And so I could get this one in perspective, I jumped in the picture. This is the plant the first out of focus pic is from. I really didn't think it was going to finish, and it could probably use another week, but the weather doesn't allow it to stay up any longer.

Last edited:
wow! that first/last plant REALLY stretched out, and then filled in with some hazy lookin buds....the kinda plant that would take over an indoor grow lol.

looks like you had a great haul this summer

Outdoor Plant Of The Year - 2009 Booby D's Early Haze

Fantastic Result Bobby D' :).
For A Test Seed , Grown In Soggy Old Britain , I Would Have No Hesitation In Saying That's The Nicest Outdoor Plant I've Seen .
Reminds Me Of An Old Image Of Some " Sensimilla " Growing On A Cliff In Maui, Hawaii !
Once Again , Well Done :)
Joe

Thanks amoril and Joe,

I don't know if that wins outdoor plant of the year, haha, I'm still keeping an eye on CosaNostra's plants, he's got some real beauties, but thanks for the nomination Joe!

I forgot to mention before that two of my outdoor plants got ripped. It was so strange, because they took the two smallest plants, both about 4', which were right next to some 8'+ beasts. They look they someone took a rock to try and cut them down, so it suggests that they found the plot on accident, and took the smallest plants because that's all they could handle. Going to have to find some new plots for next year.

Here's my grow report on this strain:

Early Haze Grow Report

First, I should say that this years run was definitely rushed, and involved almost no planning at all. The hole's dug for them were way to small, except for one hole which was huge, and it ended up growing my tallest plant. The fertilizers used for them were not well planned, either, and involved me guessing what they needed and what they were running out of. I also found out toward the end of the growing season that my water district has started to use Chloramine, which was causing all types of problems with the micro life of the soil around my plants. After all that, though, the plants did fine and ended up yielding about 6 pounds of dried flowers and about 120 grams of hash.

There were four main phenos that I could notice in this grow. The first, pheno A, was the fastest flowering plants, which had somewhat small and airy buds and typical xmas tree structure, moderate internode lengths. The second was pheno B, which was a mid-range flowering plant that had bigger denser buds, and shorter internode spacing. This pheno got mold the worst. The third, pheno C, was what the majority of the plants ended up like, and was probably the pheno that shanti was shooting for when he bred the strain. It was a nice mix of all the parents, and was a mid-range flowerer, with a thicker hazy like flower structure, and moderate internode length. The last, pheno D, was the longest flowering plants, and only 3 of the 14 ended up like this. This one had long internode spacing, and long, skinny haze type buds. I wish I could've let the pheno D plants go for about two more weeks, but the weather around here just got too bad, but they were close enough to finished that it was still harvestable and the high is still powerful.

I had topped a few of the plants and left most untopped. They definitely took the topping well, and ones that were topped ended up with ~4 tops, and yielded a little less than twice as much as those that weren't topped. All the plants were medium strength feeders, with one really hating nutes and one taking as much as I would give her. Every plant required some kind of support, for the main stem as well as most of their lower branches, because the stalks were just too long in the case of lower branches, or just too skinny in general to support a branch full of flowers which are pretty heavy when soaking wet.

The weather during the spring and summer was excellent, but the weather that counts, during the last month, was the worst that I can remember for this area. I harvested in three groups, for the shortest flowerers, the mid ranges, and then the later ones, and each time I harvested I wish I could've let them go for a week or two longer, but the weather was causing them to mold and we were having frost advisories almost every night.

If I were going to grow this strain again I would plan it out a little more. Dig much bigger holes, create a good mix that will last the whole season and haul it down there, and get a better method to support the plants from early on. I'd also let them go as long as the weather permits, because I'm pretty sure these plants could've used a week or two more time to really fully mature.

All in all, I was very impressed with how well this strain grew in my climate at 40N, and especially happy with it considering the weather we had during the last month. It is not the heaviest yielding strain I have ever grown, but the flowers were the funkiest looking of any plant I have every grown. Actually, I wouldn't say they were low yielding, really, because they grew into some huge plants, but the buds were smaller than usual, and not really that thick. This was a good thing, though, because if I grew a strain with huge thick buds, I probably would've either had to pull them 3 weeks early or lose half of the plant to mold. They were dark lime green with mixes of purple, orange, red, and white all over them. They had more pistils than usual, too. Of course, they were also covered in sticky icky resin.

Overall, this strain was great for an outdoor grow. Very vigorous growth, finishes on time, and not really that susceptible to mold because of the smaller/airy bud structure. The best part, though, is that there is a touch of haze to the smoke, which is just about impossible to get in an outdoor plant in my area. Also, because of the 4 way cross of it's parentage, you can really have a lot of fun growing and breeding with this strain because of the different phenos and genes that are latent in the seed. I will more than likely grow this strain again outdoors next year. It's like the strain that I have always wanted for an outdoor cannabis plant for my area. Shanti really did a great job with this strain, and I thank him again for giving me the opportunity to test grow it for him.

Will be back in about a month with a smoke report, early reports suggest much mind blowing, haha.

(edit)I forgot to say that these plants showed a pretty high calyx to leaf ratio, too, and were fairly easy to trim because of it. Not outrageously high, but damn good for outdoor plants. Also, it is a fairly low odor strain, and doesn't stink up the whole house when harvested. It definitely has a strong, unique smell to it, but nothing like Skunk where it smells up the whole block. This could be due to me harvesting just a tad too early, but I don't really think so.

Last edited:
You're Now @ Arborist Level :D
Like This Guy ;
Joe:)
( Great Report BTW )

Attachments

• Buddy Prevents Theft.jpg
    Buddy Prevents Theft.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 85
Hi Bobby, really good thread from start to end. :) Congratulations for winning the contest you deserve it. This strain is good tip for me. Enjoy it.

Hi herbmister, Joe and Cosa, thanks for the comments.

I just wanted to put up some shots I took the other night of some dried flowers. That dumpy old camera I've been using actually took some really nice pictures this time.

A few pictures of some flowers spilled out on the desk:

A closer look at one of them:

Can you spot the mold? I didn't even see it until I was looking at the pictures afterward.....

A pile of hash:

Well, that's it for now. Thanks again for reading.

Hi BobbyDigital

excellent results!

Super frosty nugs and lovely looking hash too

Enjoy :)

KILLER report and nugs, B-Digi :D If possible, I will be picking up a pack of these for next spring, based on your thumbs up for mold resistance.

Beautiful pics, too. Got me smiling and nodding :D

The Wu is comin through. :p

The Wu is comin through.
The outcome is critical!

Hi again Patty and L33t,

Thank you for the comments.

I just wanted to give a small post-harvest update, hopefully some people who read this can learn something from my experience.

I had thought of everything about this grow. Where to make the spot, how to clear it, how to prep the holes, how to fertilize, how and when to harvest, how to keep the trimmers happy, how to sell it once it was ready, but there is one thing that I never thought of that was actually a HUGE deal. That was what the fuck to do with all the cash.

In the states, you can't deposit $10,000 or more in cash into a bank without filling out a bunch of paperwork explaining how you got the money. For this reason, I couldn't really put the money in the bank, or invest it in anything that involved a bank. Basically, I had a ton of cash lying around, just asking to be stolen or spent of stupid things. Well, some of the money was being stolen, that I found out about later. And of course, I spent a bunch of it on things that I really didn't need.

All in all, I blew or had stolen from me about $7,000. All I have to show for it is a nice pair of sunglasses and four packs of MNS seeds =/. Lots was spent of drugs, and that almost got completely out of hand before I snapped out of the binge. The person who was stealing from me was my girlfriend who was living with me. She got bad on drugs again, and was stealing money from me to buy them behind my back. She would never have done that if she wasn't strung out. I had to move out of our place. She says our daughter crawls in our bedroom every morning to see if I am in bed, which is really sad. Just so you all know, I never did drugs while I was watching my daughter, I'd wait until she went to bed, but even then, I shouldn't have been doing them at all.

Everything is under control now. I have not touched anything besides cannabis for three weeks, and neither has my girlfriend. We have made up, and I still have about $13,000 in a safe spot that not even I can get to.

So the lesson to learn here is, make sure that you are responsible enough to handle a good deal of cash, and if possible, have a way to invest it already set up for when you get it. Money brings out the worst in people, including yourself. If you don't handle this correctly, it can completely fuck up your life.

Good to hear you guys are back on track I wish all the best to you and to your daughter , hope things go smooth and she gets to grow up in a nice warm family and with both parents to love and look after her

as for da cash..well I always liked the idea of investing in property/land..

great growing again and thanks for the nice report on the outdoor Early haze
keep it up and enjoy the fruits of your labor

The outcome is critical!

Hi again Patty and L33t,

Thank you for the comments.

I just wanted to give a small post-harvest update, hopefully some people who read this can learn something from my experience.

I had thought of everything about this grow. Where to make the spot, how to clear it, how to prep the holes, how to fertilize, how and when to harvest, how to keep the trimmers happy, how to sell it once it was ready, but there is one thing that I never thought of that was actually a HUGE deal. That was what the fuck to do with all the cash.

In the states, you can't deposit $10,000 or more in cash into a bank without filling out a bunch of paperwork explaining how you got the money. For this reason, I couldn't really put the money in the bank, or invest it in anything that involved a bank. Basically, I had a ton of cash lying around, just asking to be stolen or spent of stupid things. Well, some of the money was being stolen, that I found out about later. And of course, I spent a bunch of it on things that I really didn't need.

All in all, I blew or had stolen from me about $7,000. All I have to show for it is a nice pair of sunglasses and four packs of MNS seeds =/. Lots was spent of drugs, and that almost got completely out of hand before I snapped out of the binge. The person who was stealing from me was my girlfriend who was living with me. She got bad on drugs again, and was stealing money from me to buy them behind my back. She would never have done that if she wasn't strung out. I had to move out of our place. She says our daughter crawls in our bedroom every morning to see if I am in bed, which is really sad. Just so you all know, I never did drugs while I was watching my daughter, I'd wait until she went to bed, but even then, I shouldn't have been doing them at all.

Everything is under control now. I have not touched anything besides cannabis for three weeks, and neither has my girlfriend. We have made up, and I still have about $13,000 in a safe spot that not even I can get to.

So the lesson to learn here is, make sure that you are responsible enough to handle a good deal of cash, and if possible, have a way to invest it already set up for when you get it. Money brings out the worst in people, including yourself. If you don't handle this correctly, it can completely fuck up your life.

Hi Bobby Digital.
Your Story Brings Back So Many Similar Painful Experiences I Endured Over A Decade Ago.
Back Then in Canada , $5000 Cash Deposits And Over Were Automatically Investigated. ( Isolated Winters Inspired Unbeatable Temptations )
In British Columbia , Most Growers Would ( And Still Do ) Start Their Own Construction Company , And By " Networking " Amongst Friends , Could Launder Any Monies Through The Company.
Any Company That Can Write Off " Waste " Will Work;)
I Am Relieved You Got Through Your Challenges Of Late , And Can Only Say , From Your Post , Is That You Are A Survivor
It's Good To See You Back
Joe:)

Glad everything worked out for you in the end:)...so sorry to hear about your troubles...at least y:cool:u have 4 MNS packs to run...start digging, Digi...jay;)

yeah man, thats a crazy story. Must admit though, for being such a brief post, it was rather captivating / inspirational.

it sounds like youve taken a stable approach to a resolution, though, and its good that you still have some of the money....im sure youll be thankful for that in time.

hope everything ends well with this story man... and hopefully, you wont have to make any more updates of that tone, if that makes sense ;)

Damn, Bobbo. It took a lot of nuts for you to post that. :)

On the upside (how cool am I to say something like that), the money is replacable, and you seem to have a lil to fall back on. You learned what you need to know about yourself and your ex-girl.

Be strong, bro. I'm sure that I speak for everyone when I say you got a bunch of people pulling for you. :D

Hi all,

Just want to say that I really appreciates everyone's positive comments, they really did mean a lot to me at that time.

Feels good to be back to chill with everyone. Everything turned out great. My ex decided to check herself into a rehab, and I was watching the little lady while going to work and school. It was pretty hard to juggle everything, but it was a good experience and I feel a lot different now, almost like a completely different person.

Her mom just recently got out, and she looks great, I was very excited that she decided on her own to do it. I am not planning on getting back together with her anytime soon, since I think we both need some time apart, and she is cool with that. So friends for now, and it's cool. I almost cried when I saw them reunite, haha. I swear when you become a parent you get way more emotional about things =D

I also just finished my finals, and I did really well. I almost bombed out completely when things got crazy, but managed to pull it together and finish strong.

What this all means is that things are good now, and I have some time to grow. I have a basement that is basically empty as my laboratory, some money for new equipment, and a lot of different strains to try. I will make a different thread for all that though, and finish this one off with my smoke report for Early Haze.

P.S. The weather here pulled a dirty trick on me this year, and about a week after I harvested the last plant it turned around and ended up being perfect for almost 5 weeks! If I were to do it again, I would have chopped off the mold I saw and let them go through the bad weather, because I am certain the Haze in them would have allowed the longer flowering ones to put on a lot of weight in those last couple weeks.

Last edited:
Since I can't find the smoke report 'template' I guess I will just do the best I can, haha.

SMOKE REPORT
strain: Early Haze
style: outdoors in the ground, organic, slightly N deficient throughout grow, harvested ~1 week too early
dates: 5/09 - 10/09

*Been smoking this roughly once every other day for about 2 months*
Head High: 8/10
Body High: 5/10
Smell: 10/10
Smokability: 10/10
Look: 7/10
Overall Score: 9/10

About the scores:
Head High: For me, this is the perfect number. It is very much in your head, all positive vibrations, but not so much that you aren't still able to do things normally, like go to work or concentrate on a problem.

Body High: Your body is relaxed after smoking, but not melting into the couch. Once again, almost the perfect number for me personally.

Smell: First, I should say that this was fairly low odor for me, and I think the slightly premature harvest helped contribute to that. The thing is, though, that I really, really like it like this. Almost every strain that I have grown myself, when you open the jar it is curing in, instantly reeks up the whole room with an unmistakable cannabis smell, and in 5 minutes the whole house smells of it. That does not happen with this strain. When I open the lid, it flash's this picture in my mind: Some super sexy chick in a short dress and high heels, who is probably wearing some lacy black lingerie underneath it walks by you and gives you one of those lusty looks, and you get all flustered, you all know that feeling. Well, right after she goes by you can feintly catch a smell of her perfume, which is a mix of flowers and spices, and is kind of light and not overpowering at all, but not fruity, and not spicey, and it is totally freaking awesome and you just want to fuck the shit out of that smell. That's what this cannabis smells like to me, haha, it's sexy, and there is just something about it which is very subtle, but makes me really enjoy it.

Smokability: From now on, I will try to grow every plant as I did these this year. Not just lightening up the N dosage, but almost causing a slight deficiency if possible without it hurting the plant too much. That is because after the cure, this weed smokes incredibly smooth. There is no harshness at all to speak of, and I find myself puffing on a joint like I used to smoke cigarettes. It doesn't make your lungs want to break open, or your throat feel like it's on fire at all. It burns so well that I noticed after a little while that was is happening is that the cannabis is smoking faster than the paper it is rolled in, and I'm always having to burn off excess paper off the end of the joints. Usually it is the other way around, haha. This isn't from it being too dry, either, because the cure went perfect this time around, and nugs still contain a little moisture when I pull them out and break them up, and then are perfect for smoking in 10 minutes.

Look: Honestly, it just looks like your average super funk. It's not glowing radioactive or anything, and it's not purple, or as iced out as some of L33t's pictures, haha. It does look great, though, don't get me wrong. It's not pressed, and it is very crystally, and it's got dark spots in the green from where it was a little purple from the cold, and it's got orange and red hairs all over, and not very dense buds so you can kind of see all the stacked calyx's well. So it looks very good, and sells easily, but I've definitely seen better.

I just met my guy yesterday and I asked him what people had been saying about the quality. He told me he keeps hearing, "that's the best weed I've ever smoked." I don't know if I'd go that far, but this is a very special strain to me now. I have absolutely fallen in love with how well this plant smokes, and the best way I can describe it in one word would be, 'lovely'. It is just a pleasure to smoke at any time. I already ordered this strain to grow again next year because I enjoyed growing it so much, but after smoking on it for awhile, I believe I am going to make this one 'my' strain, and definitely order some more seed and try to become an outdoor Early Haze master.

Hope that helps anyone in the future, I gave it 9/10 just because I don't feel like it's the best strain on the planet. I haven't grown that many strains, so I can't really say what would be a 10, yet. Although, this is the most enjoyable grow I have ever done, and I am very grateful to Shanti for putting the wheels in motion to allow me to take part in it. After all was said and done, this was one of the best learning experiences I've ever had, and not just with respect to growing cannabis, but also to finding things out about life and myself.

What An Exellent Report

Top Knotch Bobby D;)
Heres My Second Grow Indoors
I'm Glad To Hear Things Have Stabilised For You And Yours , And Wish You Well This Holiday Season.
Early Haze Is A Keeper I.M.O, And I Intend To Grow it Alongside Some N.H.S I Recently Purchased
It's Good To See You Back Online :)
Joe

Attachments

• 2009_1215SarahsBirthday0301.jpg
    2009_1215SarahsBirthday0301.jpg
    899 KB · Views: 58
  • 2009_1215SarahsBirthday0315.jpg
    2009_1215SarahsBirthday0315.jpg
    913 KB · Views: 18
  • 2009_1215SarahsBirthday0364.jpg
    2009_1215SarahsBirthday0364.jpg
    689.6 KB · Views: 14