Early Haze Outdoor Grow

Betterhaff

Hi All,

I'm guerilla growing some Early Haze outdoors, along with some Angel Heart and a few other strains and crosses. Sorry for the quality of the pics, I have loads of cameras but I can only upload pics from my phone (looking to fix that). Also have to take them at night.

First pic, last night, Early Haze about 4+ feet.

Second pic, Early Haze with a bigger Angel Heart in the background.

I'll start bending after they've grown another foot or two. I'll also give some more details in future posts.

Bh

Attachments

• EH 2  7.11.12.jpg
    EH 2 7.11.12.jpg
    333.1 KB · Views: 74
  • EH 1 7.11.12.jpg
    EH 1 7.11.12.jpg
    343 KB · Views: 66
Looking Great.;)
I Tested Some Of These Early Haze Before MNS Released Them To The Public
The Easiest Plant I've Ever Revegged
Have A Great Grow ( And Grow And Grow And , ) lol
JKP:)

Attachments

• Early Haze Revegged- 2011.jpg
    Early Haze Revegged- 2011.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Fully Revegged Early Haze- May22-2010.jpg
    Fully Revegged Early Haze- May22-2010.jpg
    312.2 KB · Views: 25
  • June15_Early_Haze_Bud_Sites.jpg
    June15_Early_Haze_Bud_Sites.jpg
    371.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Bud_Formation_003-_E-Haze_-_June_21-_Nice N Easy.jpg
    Bud_Formation_003-_E-Haze_-_June_21-_Nice N Easy.jpg
    393.6 KB · Views: 33
  • NorthWales2008-WorstEverSummer.jpg
    NorthWales2008-WorstEverSummer.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 71
Thx Joe,

They may be easy to reveg but they were tough to clone (at least for me). Being these are in the ground, I probably won't be revegging them (hopefully they will be too big), but I did manage to get some cuts to root. Have you ever dug anything up, meaning ones planted in the ground, and successfully revegged it?

I have 3 female Early Haze out and 3 Angel Heart, 1 female and 2 unsexed. I won both in the auction and kind of got a late start, especially with the Angel Heart...had to get them in to get established before I could sex. I'm glad I did, having the opposite weather conditions that you are. It's been dry, dry, dry, having to haul water more then I like. I usually like to get them going and let mother nature do the rest.

Bh

Hi Betterhaff,
Looking good, I will be sure to keep an eye on your progress as I believe this line is promising in many facets. So it will be interesting to see your overall thoughts. I have found most haze hybrids easy to clone, however I have found individual varieties which seemed to take an extraordinary amount of time to clone if at all, so it could be that she's picky?

In any case keep 'em coming. :)

Hi Jesse,

Maybe the starin is picky or doesn't like my cloning tek. I took clones to try and sex because I wanted to get the plants in as early as possible and if I put out any males I could cull them and replace with something else in my plots. I got a little carried away with numbers because of the late MNS additions and my space is limited.

They took longer then usual to root and were then put into flower. By the time they showed sex, I was able to sex the outdoor plants with preflowers. Now I got a bunch of mini flowering clones, lol. At least I may have something to test earlier or if I find something I want to keep I'll try and reveg the clone. Revegged flowering clones can make for good mothers (a lot of branching).

Bh

Hot & Dry

Quick update, one of the unsexed Angel Hearts turned out to be male, was repalced with another Angel Heart, unsexed.

I've held off training due to the weather; severe drought conditions. Do not want to stress them any more then they have been.

I would like to compliment Shanti regarding these plants (Early Haze & Angel Heart). They are very strong and vigorous considering the weather conditions here. I've been watering but really only as maintainence to get them thru and yield is going to be effected. Hoping for mother nature to start lending a helping hand.

Bh

Finally got some needed rain the past few days, checked the plants last night. Here's a pic of an EH, she's about 6 ft. If we would have had normal precipitation she would probably be a foot or two taller. Crazy season.

I use cages around the bottom of the plants. It was kind of funny, all the leaves or vegatation was nibbled back right to the wire. Must be rabbits.

Another Angel Heart looks to be male so I'm down to 1 female and one unsexed so far of these. I will probably replace that male with an extra Early Haze I have.

Sorry for the pics guys, at least you can get an idea of the structure.

Bh

Attachments

• EH 2 7.23.12.jpg
    EH 2 7.23.12.jpg
    458.7 KB · Views: 44
Ah, I Just Saw A White Cabbage Moth !They Love EH

Looking Great Betterhaff .
Taking Outdoor Photos Can Sometimes Produce Some Really Trippy Backdrops . I Find Dawn Is Best, Or Pre Dawn ;)
I'm Up On The 53rd Parallel Now But Have Seen The Northern Lights From The 49th:eek: ( Victoria, B.C ). Very Rare, But It Happens.
I Take Images Just Before It Rains When The Clouds Are Dark. Best Images Are Sometimes Captured By Aiming Camera At Plant In The Dark !. It Captures Every Part Of The Plant That Has Resin Glands;)
Must Say I Did'nt Experience Any Mould From Any Of The Plants ( Last Time I Had Mould Was In My Early Haze Outdoor Thread Where I Was Also Growing G13xSkunk ( Non Mr Nice Strain ), It Moulded And Attracted My Biggest Enemy;
The White Cabbage Moth , If Seen In Your Garden WILL End Up Laying Some Larvae On Your Leaves ( Near Succulent Growing Tips!! ) And The Grub Ends Up Folding Over A Leaf To Make Its Home While Starting Its Attack.
Remove Leaf Quickly And Make Sure You Have Unfurled The Leaf And Found The Spoil Sport .
Using Your Index Finger Press On Grub Whilst Standing Up, Putting All Your Weight On Its Body. Use Paper Towel To Wipe Away And Flush Affected Leaves Too
Smoking Haze So Need To Indica Myself:D
Joe

Attachments

• DSCF7043.jpg
    DSCF7043.jpg
    1,003.7 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCF7046.jpg
    DSCF7046.jpg
    912.5 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCF7056.JPG
    DSCF7056.JPG
    527.3 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCF7058.JPG
    DSCF7058.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCF7054.JPG
    DSCF7054.JPG
    309.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 2010Seed-_Early_Haze_Revegged_From_EH_Test_Seed1-2011.jpg
    2010Seed-_Early_Haze_Revegged_From_EH_Test_Seed1-2011.jpg
    379.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Bending_Early_Haze_June_15-2011.jpg
    Bending_Early_Haze_June_15-2011.jpg
    316.1 KB · Views: 17
  • BentandtrainedVUntrained-sameage-MB.jpg
    BentandtrainedVUntrained-sameage-MB.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Big_Girls_-_June5-_Mostly_Reveggged.jpg
    Big_Girls_-_June5-_Mostly_Reveggged.jpg
    374.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Bud_Formation_003-_E-Haze_-_June_21-_Nice N Easy.jpg
    Bud_Formation_003-_E-Haze_-_June_21-_Nice N Easy.jpg
    393.6 KB · Views: 14
  • June15_Early_Haze_Bud_Sites.jpg
    June15_Early_Haze_Bud_Sites.jpg
    371.1 KB · Views: 15
Looking good in here fella's, I believe more than a few of us have pulled chairs up to watch this one. I would wager the best reasons why others are not routinely growing haze is not having an appreciation or understanding of just how special this variety known as Haze at MNS is and its length of flower. With this hybrid the best of both worlds have came together for what is likely among the most promising lines to be introduced in recent times.

Using Your Index Finger Press On Grub Whilst Standing Up, Putting All Your Weight On Its Body.

Wow you're tough on those little caterpillars, I feel your dislike, lol. Thx for the tips. We get those around here but never really had a problem with them on MJ, probably too much other good stuff for them to spawn on. A bigger problem here is grasshoppers, they eat anything green and it being dry just makes MJ more vulnerable.

Nice pics by the way. I have 3 SLR's but they're all film, I have a couple of small digi's but uploading pics from them is a pain. Been looking for an SLR digi body that I can use with all my optics. Using my phone for now, kind of adds to the guerilla effect, ha.

I bent one of the Early hazes the night before last, heres a pic from last night. The other is a pic of an Angel Heart, she looks like a fat little christmas tree.

Thx guys,
Bh

Attachments

• EH 2 Bent 7.25.12.jpg
    EH 2 Bent 7.25.12.jpg
    345.2 KB · Views: 20
  • AH 1 7.25.12.jpg
    AH 1 7.25.12.jpg
    459.2 KB · Views: 22
A Taster Of Early Haze

Going Through My Archives And Thought I'd Share An Early Haze ( The Last Plant In My Attic )
Lovely Stuff;)

Attachments

• Indoor Early Haze- 2009.jpg
    Indoor Early Haze- 2009.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Mr Nice Early Haze- Trippy- 2009- test seed.jpg
    Mr Nice Early Haze- Trippy- 2009- test seed.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Early_Haze_Done-MNS.jpg
    Early_Haze_Done-MNS.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 36
I've been away for a week or so and checked on some of the plants last night. Still dry but the plants are healthy, just not growing as much as they could be. It would be nice to get the soaker type rains thru Aug and then a little more on the normal to dry side thru Sept and Oct to finish.

With the Early Haze, two were topped and one was tied down. These were put out earlier and are more established, a better root system helping them thru the drought. The one that is tied down is the champ so far. All are just starting to show some flowering.

With the Angel Heart, I topped two and left one natural. These were put out a little later and I had to replace one that turned out to be male. They are not as big as the EH, although the untopped one is good size. It looks more like an NL type pheno.

1st pic - Early Haze tied down. the plant is as wide on the right side of what you see, with the lateral branches really taking off.

2nd pic - AH untopped. Even though it is untopped it is really bushing out, nice symmetric form with a lot of branching.

3rd pic - A Hawaiian I've got out there.

I need to get back out and really check for bugs, growth looks good and I did see some spiders in the plants (I love spiders) but were coming into the dog days and thats when the pesky insects can hit.

Attachments

• EH 2 8.7.12.jpg
    EH 2 8.7.12.jpg
    441.8 KB · Views: 23
  • AH 1 8.7.12.jpg
    AH 1 8.7.12.jpg
    457.1 KB · Views: 14
  • HAW 8.7.12.jpg
    HAW 8.7.12.jpg
    512.9 KB · Views: 18
Quick Update

It's been a while since I updated, checked on some of the plants last night. We have gotten some rain in the past few weeks, and the plants loved every drop of it. They have been flowering for a few weeks, I was getting a little concerned, they seemed to be in a holding pattern. Must have been the lack of moisture.

There are 3 Early Hazes. The smells are starting to come out, 2 have a very fruity/floral aroma. The 3rd, the big one, not so much...more of a minty/fruity/spicey thing going on.

I ended up with 2 Angel Hearts, 1 fairly large, growing au naturel. The other was topped and has 4 colas, not so large. The smells of both are still rather faint but I get that warm feeling that they are going to be good. I don't think either are leaning much to the haze side but we will see.

It's too bad it's been so dry this season, these plants would probably be 50% bigger in a normal one. I can't complain though, all things considered, I'm very satisfied. Looking forward to the finish.

Here's some pics. Where I have them it's hard to get them in because of the close quarters and the flash.

Pics 1 & 2. Early Haze, the big one.
Pics 3 & 4. Angel Heart, au naturel.

Good growing everyone,
Bh

Attachments

• EH 2  9.4.12.jpg
    EH 2 9.4.12.jpg
    345.8 KB · Views: 28
  • EH 2 Top  9.4.12.jpg
    EH 2 Top 9.4.12.jpg
    354 KB · Views: 24
  • AH 1  9.4.12.jpg
    AH 1 9.4.12.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 15
  • AH 1 Top  9.4.12.jpg
    AH 1 Top 9.4.12.jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Nice looking plants bh. I can't wait to see some babby bud on my guerilla grow too. Did you do any branch bending with any of these girls?

GM1

Did you do any branch bending with any of these girls?

I bent one of the Early Hazes, the one you're seeing the pictures of. Last time I was out there she was over 7 ft tall, probably about the same in width. Some of the lower branches are as tall as the main top that was bent. I was going to bend it further but it's the first time with this strain and I was concerned with weight in flowering. Also I didn't want to stress it anymore because of the dry conditions. She probably would be well over 10 ft if I didn't bend it. There are 2 other Early Hazes that I topped, those spread nicely but are a lot smaller, growth was retarded with topping and the dry conditions. I read in Bobby D's thread that he was doubling yields with this strain by topping, maybe in a normal year this would be more the case.

I also have 2 Angel Hearts, one has been topped and one is normal. The same thing here, the topped one is smaller but bushier.

This has been a guerilla grow, I only watered a few times after I put them in and a few more times when the dry weather kept going and going. I did prep the holes and the soil where they are at is very fertile too. I like to get them going and then leave the rest to the elements. Kind of like "set 'em and forget 'em".

@ Joe...we're definately having the opposite of seasons. Too bad I couldn't have swapped you some of my sunshine for a bit of your rain.

Bh

Week Later

I probably should have posted this thread in the Outdoor Forum since I also have a couple of Angel Hearts out there but those were a last minute addition, thank you MNS Auctions.

With the Early Haze I should add a little info about the female/male ratio. I also got these late and was rushed to get them going. I germed 5 seeds hoping to get 2 or 3 females since my holes were getting full and digging additional ones would have been tough. Well I ended up with 5 females. I don't know if this is strain related or just the luck of the draw, but I'm not complaining. Matbe someone else can chime in with their experiences.

With the Angel Heart, I popped 4 seeds, ended up 2 females, 1 male, and 1 pistilate male.

I checked plants last night and buds are getting bigger on all. As for smells, I need to start carrying alcohol wipes with me...I was playing around a G13/Hz (Seedsman) when I first got out there and the scent lingered on my fingers to get a fair accessment of the EH and AH. The smells on those were pretty much the same as I described in the post from a week ago.

The other Angel Heart, which was topped, really surprised me. It was planted 7/18 to replace one that turned out to be male so it is far behind the untopped one. I also use 30" wire cages and some of the laterals got hung up. When I last checked it it had 4 tops and when I checked it last night I swear the thing had stretched well over a foot and a half in a week. I thought I had a cut in veg but I don't so I have to go out and get a couple and see if I can coax them to take. A freind here said to keep an eye out for the stretchy phenos, thank you sir.

Here's a few pic's, again sorry for the quality.

Pic 1 - Early Haze, this is all one plant, the one I bent
Pic 2 - Angel Heart, untopped
Pic 3 - Angel Heart, topped, the stretchy one

Nice plants Shanti,
Bh

Attachments

• EH 2  9.12.12.jpg
    EH 2 9.12.12.jpg
    365.7 KB · Views: 30
  • AH 1  9.12.12.jpg
    AH 1 9.12.12.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 20
  • AH 4  9.12.12.jpg
    AH 4 9.12.12.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 22
Improvise

I Ran Out Of Space So I Placed Plant Pot In Vertizontal Position. Shaved Off A Couple Of Feet;)
Place Upright Whilst Feeding Plant. Image Shown Is N.H.S ( Nice And Smooth)

Attachments

• NHS_Vertizontal_And_StringBent-_Aug10.jpg
    NHS_Vertizontal_And_StringBent-_Aug10.jpg
    341.1 KB · Views: 35
  • Stormy_Weather_Approaches-NHS-Sept6-VZ.jpg
    Stormy_Weather_Approaches-NHS-Sept6-VZ.jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 37
N.H.S.
How about "Nice Heavenly Smoke"

I'm really glad I tied down that larger Early Haze, not only did it give a lot more bud sites, it really broke up the silhouette and made it less conspicuous.

Moving Along Nicely

Checked on some of the plants last night, they’re moving along nicely. The buds are really starting to fill. There has been some rain and the temperatures are swinging liking crazy, this has got to be the strangest season I’ve seen.

There seems to be 3 different phenos of Early Haze. EH 1 was topped, it’s rather short, bushy, and the buds are really starting to put on the weight. She will be the earliest. EH 2 is the one I bent, she is a monster. She has just started to fill out her buds and looks to be about 2-3 weeks behind EH 1. EH 4 was also topped, but she didn’t bush out as much. More of a lanky look with narrower leaves, probably about the same timing as the bent one, EH 1.

I have 2 completely different phenos of Angel Heart. AH 4 is the one I topped and I think she is still stretching, definitely leaning to the Mango side. She will probably be the longest. AH 1 is untopped and is quite large with tighter nodes. She will probably finish in between all the others. A note on AH 1. I took a sample bud to take a closer look indoors. This thing is a glue factory. When I got back I went to set it on the counter and when I released it (I carried it by the stem) it just stuck to my finger, I had to pull it off. Is this coming from the Nordle side?

This is my first real run with MNS genetics and I am impressed. If the end product is anything like the grow, I will be a very happy camper.

Here’s some pics.

Pic #1 – EH 2, Pic #2 – AH 1, Pic #3 – AH 4, Pic #4 – HAW

Bud Shots.

Pic #5 – EH 1, Pic #6 – Lemon Grass Thai (Cannacopia), Pic #7 – G13/Hz (Seedsman)

It looks like the Hawaiian will be tough to finish, she just started flowering. She’s in a protected area so will see, I’ll just let her go. I hope to pollinate her with an earlier strain.

Happy Fall to All,
Bh

Attachments

• EH 2  9.20.12.jpg
    EH 2 9.20.12.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 17
  • AH 1  9.20.12.jpg
    AH 1 9.20.12.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 10
  • AH 4  9.20.12.jpg
    AH 4 9.20.12.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 8