Devil pedigree conflict from instagram

Old Spice

This post on the MNS instagram page says that the mother of the strain Devil is Nepalese. They provide a picture of her.
Here's the post:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd2gakRgs_F/

picture.php

Shanti,
Can you comment on this info?
It conflicts with the pedigree you have listed here on your site which says Devil is afghan x afghan/skunk.

The definitive plant for those interested in outdoors/greenhouses. Due to its Afghani pedigree, taste, reddish aura, and magical mind journey tendencies, this plant provides quite a wonderful therapy. No one can be unhappy possessing this nice devil (and a righteous one at that). It has a genetic make-up of Afghan x Afghan/Skunk and shows initial slow growth until it has an established root ball. Then watch out, brothers and sisters. Definitely recommended for the first time growers...go on be a devil and use those horns.

Thanks in advance.

Respect and kind regards,
Old Spice

https://www.mrnice.nl/dhtml/media_photos.php?g=devil&p=0&img=7

For what its worth, that pic is one of the stock devil pics. Really pretty bud.

Hey Skubee,
I guess according to whoever is running the MNS instagram account, that old pic is actually a Nepalese flower.
It was right in front of us this whole time . . . :)

That instagram account seems to be the place to watch for information that MNS normally wouldn't talk about.
I thought about putting this in the "ask Shanti" section, but felt it belonged down here.
I hope Shanti sees it and comments.

Hey Skubee,
I guess according to whoever is running the MNS instagram account, that old pic is actually a Nepalese flower.
It was right in front of us this whole time . . . :)

That instagram account seems to be the place to watch for information that MNS normally wouldn't talk about.
I thought about putting this in the "ask Shanti" section, but felt it belonged down here.
I hope Shanti sees it and comments.
I hope so too. Really dense for a nepalese i say. But i dont know much.

Apologies for the social media mistake

Hi Everyone,

Not Nepalese, but Afghani.

Mistake is on me. I am J, and I run the mr nice Instagram and auctions on behalf of Shanti.

So, the other day I uploaded a photo onto Instagram which was falsely labelled. Namely; Nepalese mum of devil. But is, in fact, is Afghani as confirmed with Shanti

Thank you, Old Spice for bringing this to my attention to the mistake. What happened was: I found the wrongly labelled file online and I had stupidly posted it without having it confirmed beforehand. If you try yourself to save as (download) the photo you can see that it is labelled Nepalese mum. Which is exactly what I did.

I am really sorry for any confusion I have caused, this was clearly not my intention! I don’t have much knowledge myself in regards to breeding and genetics history, thus I didn’t think much about Afghan vs Nepalese origins and just thought it was a mighty picture to put up on Instagram.

I just want to apologize to everyone, for this honest mistake.

Hi Everyone,

Not Nepalese, but Afghani.

Mistake is on me. I am J, and I run the mr nice Instagram and auctions on behalf of Shanti.

So, the other day I uploaded a photo onto Instagram which was falsely labelled. Namely; Nepalese mum of devil. But is, in fact, is Afghani as confirmed with Shanti

Thank you, Old Spice for bringing this to my attention to the mistake. What happened was: I found the wrongly labelled file online and I had stupidly posted it without having it confirmed beforehand. If you try yourself to save as (download) the photo you can see that it is labelled Nepalese mum. Which is exactly what I did.

I am really sorry for any confusion I have caused, this was clearly not my intention! I don’t have much knowledge myself in regards to breeding and genetics history, thus I didn’t think much about Afghan vs Nepalese origins and just thought it was a mighty picture to put up on Instagram.

I just want to apologize to everyone, for this honest mistake.
Thank you J, for clearing this up. I was one of those that asked about seeing more of the parental plants, as that afghanskunk male was stunning with his reddish hues. I understand why mns would be hesitant about showing pics of the parents, but im always wondering what they look like. Anyways, thank you again.

Take care,
-skubee

Last edited:
Thank you J, for clearing this up. I was one of those that asked about seeing more of the parental plants, as that afghanskunk male was stunning with his reddish hues. I understand why mns would be hesitant about showing pics of the parents, but I'm always wondering what they look like. Anyways, thank you again.

Take care,
-skubee

Welcome skubee. Thank you for asking by the way, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't have gone looking and found that beautiful pic, which did very well! :) let me know if you have any other requests. Always happy to post.

all the best,
J

Welcome skubee. Thank you for asking by the way, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't have gone looking and found that beautiful pic, which did very well! :) let me know if you have any other requests. Always happy to post.

all the best,
J

Hi J!
Thanks for clearing that up.
Always lots of interest in the parent stock among MNS fans because so many of us are hobby breeders.
Seeing the parents helps us make better selections in our own projects because we can start to recognize where traits come from.

I wonder if you could find and share some current pictures of the Haze C male? That would be amazing! Maybe something with today's newspaper displayed in front of it with the date visible ;-)

Besides that, I am sure many would love to see either (M or F) parents from the following strains:
  • Early Queen
  • Spice
  • NL5 x Afghan

Finally, pics of the MOTHER plant from:
  • Masterkush x Skunk
  • Afghan Haze
  • Skunk Haze
  • Nevil's Haze

Thanks J.

I wonder if you could find and share some current pictures of the Haze C male? That would be amazing! Maybe something with today's newspaper displayed in front of it with the date visible ;-)

I like that idea lol.

I guess a question also is why are there pictures of a nepalese being promoted as devil?

Same as the beautiful red plant photo from RolandoMota also NOT being devil.

It can't be that hard to take photos of mother plants and males. I would think if they are worthy of breeding, then they are worthy of a photo.

As much as I like my mns seeds in my collection, almost all of them have something questionable or controversial about their origins or some obfuscation about the pedigree. From widow to haze to la nina to ortega to g13, new skunk to nevils haze etc...

I don't know if that is by design or its just is what it is.

I like that idea lol.

I guess a question also is why are there pictures of a nepalese being promoted as devil?

It can't be that hard to take photos of mother plants and males. I would think if they are worthy of breeding, then they are worthy of a photo.

As much as I like my mns seeds in my collection, almost all of them have something questionable or controversial about their origins or some obfuscation about the pedigree. From widow to haze to la nina to ortega to g13, new skunk to nevils haze etc...

G `day SP

There is also a pic of SSH advertising Nevil`s Haze .
nevilleshaze_4_mini.jpg

Wouldn`t we all like a Nevil`s Haze that yielded like that ?

Shanti was informed about this 5 years ago ...

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Will see what I can do!

Hi J!
Thanks for clearing that up.
Always lots of interest in the parent stock among MNS fans because so many of us are hobby breeders.
Seeing the parents helps us make better selections in our own projects because we can start to recognize where traits come from.

Besides that, I am sure many would love to see either (M or F) parents from the following strains:
  • Early Queen
  • Spice
  • NL5 x Afghan

Finally, pics of the MOTHER plant from:
  • Masterkush x Skunk
  • Afghan Haze
  • Skunk Haze
  • Nevil's Haze

Thanks J.

Will see what I can do Old Spice. As far as I know, I don't have (M or F) parent photos and definitely not the Haze C male. I do have a collection of lot of pics from different databases. either originating from the mns forums, website, or current pics taken of all the plants stateside (wa, or, co).

The pics I have just mentioned are what I featured mostly on the Instagram/post Thus, when I said ''if you have any other requests'', this is what I was mostly referring too. But i will see what i can do for you guys. But no promises!

thanks,
J

I like that idea lol.

Other way around. incorrectly labelled as Nepalese. There quite a few pictures on the forums or website that are incordectly labeled. The pic of SSH advertising Nevil`s Haze, is a great example. should take most photos3 originating from the website and forums with a grain of salt as names & labels are so easily mixed up on this platform. don't get mixed up in the conspiracy stories...

Will see what I can do Old Spice. As far as I know, I don't have (M or F) parent photos and definitely not the Haze C male. I do have a collection of lot of pics from different databases. either originating from the mns forums, website, or current pics taken of all the plants stateside (wa, or, co).

The pics I have just mentioned are what I featured mostly on the Instagram/post Thus, when I said ''if you have any other requests'', this is what I was mostly referring too. But i will see what i can do for you guys. But no promises!

thanks,
J

Thanks J,
I knew there was a good chance it wouldn't be possible. Thats OK.
I have a couple of questions though:
Am I correct that the US ops are for cannabis production, not seeds, and that all the seed work (for sale) is done in europe?

Curious if the US greenhouse ops are or will be running all from cuttings or if they do seed plant runs for production.
I am asking about drug lines specifically, not CBD.

Assuming the US greenhouses are running cuttings, I wonder if the cuts being grown are from selection runs done from shanti's seeds in the states or if cuts were somehow sent over to start them up.
That would have been a great thing to be part of: a selection run from hundreds if not thousands of Shanti's current seeds! WOW

Thanks again for your reply J.

Thank you J, for clearing this up. I was one of those that asked about seeing more of the parental plants, as that afghanskunk male was stunning with his reddish hues. I understand why mns would be hesitant about showing pics of the parents, but im always wondering what they look like. Anyways, thank you again.

Take care,
-skubee

Any hint if the Afghan/skunk dad is a different Afghan to the mum?
Is it a back-cross, or a threeway?

Back