Devil outdoor grow UK

Dogstar

I've been growing Devil inside since last year and have some clones sitting in 20 l pots ready to plant in my friend's field as soon as the hay harvest is complete, sometime in the next 2 weeks. The roots are very thick and white, and have filled the pots. They were supposed to get planted 2 weeks ago, but you know how things go....

I haven't seen a Devil grow outdoors in the UK, so thought it might be of interest.

From my indoor grows, Devil is a lovely sweetish smoke and the buds are very resinous. It grows quite slowly but very stocky with thick side branches developing. It flowers very quickly and is finished in under 8 weeks. There is barely any stretch after 12/12.

I have 5 outdoors and have just put 5 indoors to flower now.

Here are some of them this afternoon (blowing in the wind) 20th July.

devil.jpg

devil0.jpg

devil11.jpg

devil2.jpg

Whomever - these are all girls, cuttings taken about March and just potted up slowly over spring and summer. We were supposed to put them in the ground from 11L pots back in June. Not sure how to get them out of these 20L pots.

Yorkie - cheers, will try and take a few photos as we go along. My mate may have bought a small polytunnel to put them in, which would be ideal.

I've got a couple indoors that I will photo tonight.

Most people I've shared with seem to prefer Devil to Black Widow, but everyone prefers SSH :)

Devil isn't the best known MNS strain but I am becoming very fond of it. I really like its' stocky build and fast flowering time.

They have been spayed with Neem once a week, but still have some insect damage.

Last edited:
Here's the line-up of the larger ones.

These have not been topped or bent, just left to their natural shape. I think this helps them in bad weather, less chance of snap-offs etc.

dv5.jpg

dv6.jpg

And a small bushy plant that was used to make next grows clones.

The stems and joints are very very strong and have held up to fairly strong winds without bending.

Blowing in the wind again.

Maybe a touch of LSF on this one

dv1.jpg

dv3.jpg

Last edited:
Devil sounds good,

Given my locale I run mainly sativa hybrids and up,

But i'm looking for a nice knock out indica for evenings,

I neem my plants as well about once a week, It seems to keep things in check, but outdoor plants dont have the Pampered of indoor plants in my experience.. There is always a bit of damage to the plants, but in dosen't bother me at all,

Outdoor is a hell of alot of fun

Here is an update showing the last one above.

They are all still in pots, due to field not being available in time.

I find Devil fan leaves go yellow and die in mid-late flowering..not sure if it is a deficiency or strain characteristic. I've given them Epsom salts.

Actually this is a good example, maybe the others are just pot-weary.

Flowering has started, and should be done by mid Oct. I've never grown these outdoors so hope mould resistance is good, as they are quite bushy and trap moisture.

dev11.jpg

dev21.jpg

dev41.jpg

Looking good dogstar,
I'll be keeping an eye on these to see how they do outdoors. I'm thinking about an outdoor crop next year, I think I live in a similar climate to you, so if all goes well with your devils they might get a chance over my way too,

Peace GG

great lookin plants mate:)

they would lov that polytunnel you where on about

heres hopein the weathers on your side:)

Cheers mate,

The polytunnel didn't appear either :( but it was 15' x 6' for £120 so I don't think it would have survived the wind.

We couldn't used the field because the baler was broken and had to get a contractor in, so by the time the hay was in it was too late to plant (esp for 50% of crop).

dogstar polytunnels stand up to wind pritty good a mate of mine as grow in one the last 3 year he grow some nice elninoxsuperskunk in his last year but his plants got pinched this year. The only problem with them is mould I have yet to see a crop finish without mould. It proably can be done if your polytunnel has a power souce for fans ect though but i have never seen one with an electric supply. Your devils look real healthy anyway & seem to be holding up to the wind ok.

Here are a few more Devils (the taller one is NHS)

I have removed the very yellow leaves and any with spots on them, but they are yellowing faster than I would like. I have fed Epsom salts and will try with a new Bloom feed this afternoon.

edited to add. They are probably completely pot bound as they were not meant to still be in these pots at this point!

a12.jpg

a21.jpg

a2a.jpg

a31.jpg

Last edited:
8th October

Here they are today...looking a little peaky and rootbound but budding nicely nonetheless.

Smells incredible now.. nothing like the indoor version of the same clone. It has a distinctive sweet smell I recognise but can't identify....like a smell from a cake shop.

Found one small piece of rot, but no more. They have lots of bits of dead leaf from surrounding trees which I clear out, but this is where the rot started.

NHS in the ground at the back.

I'm also pleased to see the ladybirds I introduced last year are multiplying.

ZX1.jpg

ZX2.jpg

ZX3.jpg

ZX4.jpg

Last edited:
Over the summer we had a very wet August, sunny September, mixed October; 2 days ago we had a torrential downpour and it has been sunny and dry since. Nights are starting to feel chilly but no frost yet on the west coast.

I also have Doublegum (2/3 weeks less well developed), mighty mite x donkey dick (1/2 weeks less well developed), DJ short blueberry (no-where near finished but pollinated for seed) and some Passion #1 (+1 week more developed). I

I have to say that none of these have suffered rot this year, so it may not necessarily be that Devil is rot-resistant.

Next year I'm planning on growing some of the Devil-Blueberry seeds I've made this year, as well as some more of the same Devil, but in the ground this time.

Hey Dog :)
Things are looking pretty good in here picture wise, you're doing a fine job with your plants all things considered mate. Ive followed quite a few grows from members here who are from the UK, I would love to get some of my seeds out to you guys in a few years to see if they could finish up for you as fast in the UK as they do here in the states for me. I just need some more time to actually work on the line, try to narrow down the field so to speak.

I had germ issues with the Devil, but I did manage to get one plant up out of the pack and it was gorgeous too. I had a lighting issue, to say the least (the damn things came crashing down lol) which was the end of that plant. But its a strain I would like to spend some time with myself in the future, the stalks on yours look like real beast. Keep up the good work man.

Back