Critical Skunk

Much appreciated Mr DH840
I have described the high earlier in th3 thread but after some musing I do have a few thoughts to add..
All had a similar character, strong, blissful, euphoric.
The purple beauty was the strongest, initially, it had a bit more body than the rest but still had an intense clean clear euphoria. What I loved about it the most was the waves of pleasure it would put through your body. It is an absolute standout. The taste of this girl was beautiful. A mix of berry, creaming soda and a dash of skunkiness. The taste is there from the first till the last toke. Lovely.

The green hulk pheno was the dark horse. Being a prolific yielder I somewhat overlooked it in the beginning. It had the same type of euphoric high as its sisters although before a cure it was a little cloudy and thick in your head, which i am not a fan of. The cure really cleaned it up and supercharged its intensity. It is like being on a freight train full speed ahead. Intense and soaring you just cant sit still. A racing mind and a pounding heart. Great for going at something at full speed, focusing. Doing laps on the bike I just get faster and faster. I love this type of gear.
Taste was old school skunky sweetness...smooth smooth smooth.

Thank you for thr reply and my apologies for forgetting that you had already des ribed the High, though I loved your description in the last post. It sounds like the Sativa genes in the skunk really shine through in this cross.

The final 6

professorjj-albums-critical-skunk-picture11908-family-photo.jpg

Little nug

professorjj-albums-critical-skunk-picture11892-b.jpg

My apologies for the quality. Taken on a phone through sun glasses.:cool:
Ill get a couple of dried shots up soon.

That sounds like a high type most would look for. I like the power of an up high that can make your mind race so hard its almost impossible to get anything done... Well done right. Hahaha

When you say "hulk" your saying one like the larger one in the lower left hand corner. What kinda flowering time are you getting on one like that? I dont know if you have done these OD but you may have an answer ive been looking for. I was wondering if you have came a cross any info about the trigger of flowing OD. I think i read somewhere that critical mass started to flower early. I wonder if that carries threw to the CS.

Yes thats the one, it is in the first two pics of the thread also. I'll get a couple of better pics of it up soon.
The purple pheno is done by 60 days and the hulk by 68.
Although you can speed it up by drying the media and cutting the light towards the end. Although yield will be affected.
Both flower very quickly and I would have a guess would start early if done OD.
They are very thick colas so mould could be an issue if it is damp. The hulk is much more resilient than the purple because of its bud structure.
I feel blessed to have been gifted these two gems from such a small selection.

just wanted to express my thanx to this threads contributors.... Ive been buying seeds since 98 or so, and its info rich threads like this one that help potential customers have better perspective.... ordered CS 2 days ago, and Im expecting to find a productive keeper...

Thanks Mr A I will take that as a compliment.
I have been very fortunate over the years with mns genetics.
Respect to the creators of these fine strains.
PJJ

Last edited:
MNS the place to be

I also come to this same conclusion, Msn strains that I grew up were all generous with me ... always 1 or 2 keeper in a pack.
And participate in the auctions it's a chance to have great genetics for the best price on the market.
We have the chance to enjoy! :):)

The king of CS

Some perspective...

professorjj-albums-critical-skunk-picture12236-critsk2.jpg

Hello mr. professorjj,
I'm getting to knowing better CS and getting good results with selected mother.

But when I saw this monster, I almost cry :eek: You are really the King of CS!!
How is this possible:confused:? I really would like to know the recipe :D

Keep on good growing!

The plant that this came from had 4 colas this size and many others only slightly smaller. All up 3p from this one girl. She was a sight to behold.
"How is this possible?"
With the best genetics my friend
Respect to Shantibaba

Nice yielder, how's the high/taste? Had a few in the last walkabout run (last winter) that got huge but of course unknow what WA is really a mix of. This one reminded me for sure of CS or similar. The high was relaxing/mellow, the smoke typical of a dense heavy vegged indica. I did not run it again though, just did not do it for me on the high.

damoosewa.jpg
waipcsm.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Mr S, bad luck that you didnt find anything in CS that you liked.
If you go to the top of this page you will see a description of the tastes and highs that the two keeperz had.
Always bear in mind your selection numbers. Two or three girls isn't really much of a pool to choose from and subsequently pass judgement upon.
I hear you with the relaxed mellow high though, doesn't do ot for me either. I didn't really see that in this line, most were a more up energetic euphoric type of high which I do enjoy. Not as full on as an elite SSH but very enjoyable and full of character.
Good luck with your search...

Seeing I am not yet ready to do threads on the 3 strains I am currently growing I thought I would continue this thread with some random pictures. Some of you may have already come across them in some strange places. The first is a small mango haze bud at 8 weeks. This particular plant shot for the sky when flipped and has never really looked like forming any colas. It it really a series of round very solid and extremely resinous nugs held together with long sections of stem...lol
It has a very unusual aroma slightly peppery and spicy
The low def images that we are only able to post make it hard to show a good shot.
with a body of haze and a tiny hint of some fruit. Awesome resin production, I will definitely get up some more pics that do it justice.
professorjj-albums-mango-haze-picture12436-rez220160720-235436.jpg

I like the mango haze! Wow , best smoke ever for me ;) i like the phenos with the i call it forest like taste the most. We did in spain a selection grow for resin seeds a few years back in a very spiritual house.

Last edited:
Hi Noisyboy, how would you describe the forrest taste you speak of?? Neither of mine smell of mango. More fuely diesel like jack herer.

professorjj that cs looks amazing im planning to work my way through mns catologue so i'll think i'll start with the cs. im going to keep an eye on your grows i might pick up some tips :D:D:D

Back