Critical Mass by HHHG

HHHG

My CM seeds just arrived - thanks Shanti! I've wanted to grow it for years but there are always new MNS strains I have to check out so I never got to it until now.

I need a good yielding indica with short flower time so I took Shanti's recommendation of Critical Mass. He also recommended Shark, Shit and ASH for quickness.

Clones from the biggest yielding plants will be grown outdoors next spring/summer and will be used to make Rick Simpson Oil. It will also be my first outdoor grow. Wish me luck!

Must have a indica dom plant amongst it id say, dunno for sure but I do no the shit plant has a good indica dom amongst it, the clones off it wernt to good though,

be good to hear back if the C/M has a indica dom in it like the shit plant does, more info the better'ra yes, very popular plant C/Mass ive noticed over time with regards to other seed banks using it for cross's etc,

buds speed with that'
B'

"protrusion of a giant donkey"

Must have a indica dom plant amongst it id say, dunno for sure but I do no the shit plant has a good indica dom amongst it, the clones off it wernt to good though,

be good to hear back if the C/M has a indica dom in it like the shit plant does, more info the better'ra yes, very popular plant C/Mass ive noticed over time with regards to other seed banks using it for cross's etc,

buds speed with that'
B'

Most of the pics I've scene were donkey D indicas.

I'm going to germinate about 1 dozen CM seeds as soon as my Grail Widows are finished flowering.

You most of the descriptions I've seen of CM hybrids say it was crossed with so and so to add flavor and potency, so I was always kind of turned off to the pure CM strain, thinking it might not be that potent or flavorful. But when I read grower descriptions people really seem to like it.

I agree with bull dog, i always wanted to grow this but i have heard that the potency was low due to the high yield, so i bought NL5 x Afghan instead, HHHG keep us posted on your progress and if it turn out to have good potency i might give it a go.

I've heard of heavy sedating indicas in CM, plus it's rated 4.5/5.0 on the medicinal scale. I don't know what Shanti considers medicinal. CM and NH are both rated 4.5 and couldn't be more different. I expect to find a nice indica keeper.

Last edited:
HHHG:

I don't know about anyone else's CM grow, but mine this year was outstanding. The buds were super fragrant and sticky and did were definetely huge colas. I'm sure you will be happy with the results. Now I only had 3 keepers this year and my test results came back a little lower than I thought they would, but I'm pretty confident that that was grower error on my part. I have the results if you'd like to see them....

HHHG:

I don't know about anyone else's CM grow, but mine this year was outstanding. The buds were super fragrant and sticky and did were definetely huge colas. I'm sure you will be happy with the results. Now I only had 3 keepers this year and my test results came back a little lower than I thought they would, but I'm pretty confident that that was grower error on my part. I have the results if you'd like to see them....

Sure post or pm the report

The Dirty Dozen

I soaked 12 CM seeds for 12 hours and they are in a damp towel. Most seeds pop within 24-48 hours with this method. Popped seeds will be put into peat pellets.

Last edited:
11 of the 12 seeds popped and all went into peat pellets. I broke one of the taproots half-way so I don't expect it to survive.

2013-11-22_cm_pellets.jpg

Last edited:
Burn, baby, burn

I guess my soil mix was too hot and all the seedlings got burned, but the newer growth is healthy.

Last edited:
2 week old seedlings

6 of 9...

They are vegging 24/0 under the two 126w LED panels

Last edited:
A new home

After removing most of the burned leaves, I transplanted the seedlings to 1 gallon pots in a milder soil, then put them under the 300w LED panel. I'll take pics in a week or so.

27 day old seedlings

2013-12-23_CM1_9_27daysveg.jpg

In addition to the early soil burn, they have a touch of spider mites. So I'll be treating and trimming them. As long as I keep them alive and healthy I can deal with a long veg time.

Back