Critical Haze x Widow, organic & indoor - a bb247 growlog

bb247

How's it going fam.

I am super stoked to present to you my CH Widow grow.

Photo 1: the beans
y0jPz1W.jpg

Photo 2: the girls and the boys
wJgshaN.jpg

Photo 3: a close up
ElpPEgv.jpg

Photo 4: another close up
1LTgHjQ.jpg

I did lose a few beans due to grower error (first time germinating in soil). There is also a runt of the litter that is not pictured, certainly grower error.

They are looking really healthy.
It will be interesting to see how they go and which way the different phenos lean.
Keep it green.
TF

How's it going fam.

I am super stoked to present to you my CH Widow grow.

Photo 1: the beans
y0jPz1W.jpg

Photo 2: the girls and the boys
wJgshaN.jpg

Photo 3: a close up
ElpPEgv.jpg

Photo 4: another close up
1LTgHjQ.jpg

I did lose a few beans due to grower error (first time germinating in soil). There is also a runt of the litter that is not pictured, certainly grower error.

So what is the latest bro you should be well along now

I have to bring my tents down in a while, for a while. This means that right now I'm waiting on cuttings to root. I have time, so clones shouldn't be a problem, but it is unfortunate to have to rearrange my schedule. I'm building some grow boxes to work in in the coming months, as both builders and other visitors will be sending time in the flat relatively soon. No seed left behind. All are accounted for lol--don't worry nobody!

I've got to sex em still. Thought I was gonna mainline them..

Last edited:
I've got 8 females from the lot and today I'm sending two clones to a mate.

LELSb8m.jpg

ElxUERj.jpg

We'll see how they do outdoor in the 36 N latitude with a late start. I believe the solstice was about 10 days ago. These will go into the soil top-dressed with homemade organic vermicompost as soon as they adjust to outdoor living.

I've got some clones growing up for my own use soon. Until then, over and out!

I snapped these photos yesterday. I thought I should follow up on the girls I have flowering this run. I have 3 phenos of CHW at the moment. Early frost is usually a good sign and I'm pleased to say that one is showing early frost. 6 pics-- first 2 of plant A, next 2 of plant B, last 2 of plant C:

jCmuIGD.jpg

rqggkzB.jpg

Om1wFIG.jpg

(tiny frost pixels!)
wXa20vR.jpg

8o6YN1K.jpg

8gupLuZ.jpg

These were the buds from the best plant I had of three. (This is from the CHW #6 as above.)

chw-1.jpg

Front and back of the biggest nug from CHW #6:

chw-2.jpg

chw-3.jpg

I would say the aroma is like some Lamb's Bread/Breath I smelled back in 2006. Lemon cleaner comes to mind. It's a rather active high this one. I like it for daytime smoke as it doesn't knock me out. For me it was very introspective. In large doses, maybe trippy, but not so far as psychedelic. (Nor should it be-- it's weed after all, haha.)

I wish I could describe the high better but I'm relatively inexperienced with any sativa influences.

I have a few more CHW plants to grow out but I am really happy with the frost and effect of #6. The yield was not absolute Critical but it was certainly substantial. I didn't really keep track of time but I estimate it was a 8-9 week flower. (I'll keep track next time.) It was a lot of fun to poke the flowers and get a whiff of some interesting lemon weed.

Bottom line: great plant. #6 yielded well and I thought had great frost for a 25% haze. I see myself growing a CHW every run for the immediate future. Put another way, the one jar of herb I got from the combined #6 plants in the group shot above gets shared only for special occasions.

Your turn, MNS readers..

Last edited:
Lovely grow and gorgeous flowers. Very nice work!

So on the strength of effect scale, what would you rate your favorite #6?

You did a nice job with this grow. Isn't it great to grow out some MNS genmetics and find something worth keeping? Did you make F2s and are you going to run them?

Thanks for the kind words Jake and Markus! The herb is probably good for anxiety. This herb encourages nihilism, haha.

Effect: in moderate doses, non-delirious curious fun feeling. Doesn't give munchies unless you were already hungry. Time seems to pass slower, but surely that's just me. I think it would be good to listen to music. Very easy to daydream. Only need a little bit to be medicated but to put a number-- 7 to 9 range. Hard to know without having grown any haze crosses before. (Also I meant to say 12.5% haze in the post above!)

In higher doses--comparing to psilocybin--if be psilocybin is 100% tripping, my experience was a tenth or twentieth of that, for under a half hour. Certainly potent. Easy to get (too) lost in mind and in ones surroundings. Respect the medicine.

F2s:. I wish I had started keeping males sooner. This was the last seed run where I didn't. . Was some time ago. . I do keep males now though.

Last edited:
Nothing like waking up to pictures that inspire. Good stuff brah. Thanks for the post!

Shaka
M

Week 7

Same plant, now in week 7--

chw-week7-1.jpg

Great colors! Great aroma. I have yet to 'understand' this plant. It is a great plant though. When you grow out a pack of seed, sometimes it is easier to know what the breeder had in mind to share. In this case, I think it is this phenotype. It is greasy, hazy, resinous, and a good yielder. I believe this is what Shanti wanted to get out into the world.

For what it's worth, I believe I had grow room temps too high, causing light or heat stress. Lessons learned and I'll be mindful of that next time.

(Not intentional but I trained a few branches to grow horizontally.)

Last edited:
Back