Covering QWISO?

DrGreenthumb420

I've gathered all the stuff together to make some iso with all my trimmings, and was going to do it indoors but after a bit of humming and ahh'ing decided i'd rather not risk stinking/blowing the house up, so I was going to make it indoors and then transfer the pyrex dish into the garden, for a slow evap. I think covering the dish is a good idea so no debris/bugs fall into my hash, and was wondering if I was to use say, tight material to cover the tray, would this taint the taste or do anything negative for the end product?

Hows it supposed to evaporate if u cover it? Ive done it outside n it was a mistake. It smells inside but it wont blow up unless your trying to cook it down.

I was thinking if it was something porous like the material tights are made from, a piece of linen etc, the alcohol would still be able to evaporate? I'd just be paranoid for the time im out the house to be honest. Did you leave a window open? I've only got the trim of 4 small plants to process so its not even going to be massive quantities but I'm just worried about leaving solvents in the open :p

What about getting something like a large storage tote. Put your tray inside, preferably with a fan and then cover the whole thing with cheese cloth or some fabric to keep bugs and debris out? Once most of the alcohol is gone you could probably bring it inside to finish.

Good luck

What about getting something like a large storage tote. Put your tray inside, preferably with a fan and then cover the whole thing with cheese cloth or some fabric to keep bugs and debris out? Once most of the alcohol is gone you could probably bring it inside to finish.

Good luck

Ended up doing it in the downstairs bathroom which is kind of like an extension, under the open window. I know the guy we got in for the electrics wasn't great so I didn't want to use the light! 50% had evap'ed and most of the smell had gone by this morning :)

The making of it was the worst bit, I got so light headed around the iso! My own fault for not using safety protection but I felt drunk when I was near the stuff!

Another thing was, I noticed a lot of solid trichs got caught in the coffee filter along with a few specs of plant matter - I used frozen and coarsely cut it - is this supposed to be in the end result? My tray is drying like a very white powder with a few blobs of what looks like yellow jelly, i'm presuming this is just unevaporated? My first time doing it so a bit unsure, especially when the iso smells like de icer!

Merry Christmas and Bom Bholenath!

Dr GT

Back