CM first time grow

Good luck with the bonzai project - it's a hobby within a hobby :)

Here's a picture of the girls today. 23 days of flower.

gr%F8nn-albums-cm-perpetual-picture5796-picture-030.jpg

Last edited:
here's a update pic from a couple days ago of the only clone i took of the momma :)
she is under a 2ft x 4 bulb t5 fixture with the blue spectrum bulbs, about 100 watts. coming along nicely :) she has a top drip with about 8 or so feedings a day for 15 minutes each!

Clone_2.jpg

The little bittle clone is looking good.

Might consider making a dripper ring for it instead of soaking the rockwool 8 times a day. I've heard that if the rockwool is kept constantly soaked you run a high risk of root and stem rot.

A good way to make a driper ring would be to take a t-connector and make a circle of the same tubing you're using now - poke a few holes in it and let the pressure of the pump push it out. Advantage being that you water around the rockwool cube - encouraging the roots to grow and seek, and you reduce your risk of rot.

Something like this:
gr%F8nn-albums-bits-bobs-picture5805-picture.jpg

Just a tought, but since I'm not very experienced with rockwool someone else might chime in. Toohothydros cloning thread might be a good place to ask ;)

Update - 1 day before end of 6 weeks of flowering***

Full shot
P1_-_Full_shot_1_day_before_end_of_week_6_of_flowering.jpg

Central Bud
1_day_before_end_of_week_6_-_4.jpg

Bud shot
1_day_before_end_of_week_6_-_2.jpg

Bud shot 2
1_day_before_end_of_week_6_-_3.jpg

hygrometer :)
hygrometer.jpg

Here's a shot of the clone, idk how long it's been since I cut her, but lol, i think about 2.5 weeks or less?
Clone_3.jpg

I have a couple questions, it doesn't look like the buds are bulking up... Is that normal at the end of week 6 of flowering? I mean she's healthy, but I don't see any "critical mass" buds :(... maybe i'm just gonna have a low yielder :(

clone is looking good, though.

Also, i'm going to be creating a bonsai thread in critical mass forum, sorry fro the wrong strain lol

comments, questions?

HYGROMETER!!!!! LOL. what's it gettin up to during the dark period?

It gets to 70 degrees at night, and it gets down to a RH of 30-35 :), during the day the highest i've seen it on random days is a RH of 50, but it stays around RH of 40-45. The hottest during the day it's been is 79 degrees!

A good amount of hairs are turning a light orange color, gronn and I agreed on at least 2 more weeks, maybe 3 :)

Don't worry to much about the bulking up of the buds part.

As long as you keep her healthy and free from deficiencies she'll take care of the bulking up part on her own :D
Most of the weight is gained as the flowers mature and swell, and 6 weeks flowering is still early days, especially for a plant from seed.

I've been told patience is a very useful tool to have when gardening ;)

Best way to see when she's finished is to get a 60x magnifier and check out the trichome heads.

Trichomes

Heres a picture of one of the flowers from the lower internodes on my critical mass. Took it with a cheapo usb-microscope I got of ebay.
gr%F8nn-albums-cm-perpetual-picture5863-microscope1.jpg

Don't worry to much about the bulking up of the buds part.

As long as you keep her healthy and free from deficiencies she'll take care of the bulking up part on her own :D
Most of the weight is gained as the flowers mature and swell, and 6 weeks flowering is still early days, especially for a plant from seed.

I've been told patience is a very useful tool to have when gardening ;)

Best way to see when she's finished is to get a 60x magnifier and check out the trichome heads.

Trichomes

Heres a picture of one of the flowers from the lower internodes on my critical mass. Took it with a cheapo usb-microscope I got of ebay.
gr%F8nn-albums-cm-perpetual-picture5863-microscope1.jpg

thanks, mate! I just ordered a usb microscope with zoom up to 200x from online haha. good idea, having a usb microscope. but anyways, I still feel as if the main cola isn't packing anything on. Monday will mark the end of the 7th week of flowering. I will flush the system monday, as well, for the last week. I really hope they fatten up this week :(

heheh...

yeah, gronns right.. healthy is what it's about.. soon you'll start to see that we don't really do anything, but sow good genetics, jump out of the way and try not to stuff things up too much! the plants do everything.. it's nature, it's magic.

different specimens ripen differently. many stack on the calyxs in terms of numbers till 'round where you're at, then in the last 2 weeks, each calyx swells like it's being pumped up.. so you'll see this start happening next... you're doing good. cheers all , ,, jj

as always, hit me up with anymore questions, bud.. always a pleasure..

Hey Nice !!!
Howzit goin'?
any news on Cm?how is she doin?
Hope you're safe!
Thh

hey mate! yea, she is doin good! more spread out buds as opposed to one main cola, which is fine. the clone has turned into a fast growing little girl! her leaves are noticeably wider than the mother's were at her age. i'm halfway through whatever week i'm at with my mom. i think i was a week or week and a half off on when she actually started flowering, so I'm guessing I'm halfway through my 8th week of flowering. this monday i will flush with DI water for the last week. she is looking great and smelling more fruity than skunky :)

I'll take pics before I cut her down!
How is your grow coming?! I hate that you're leaving us :/... God bless you mate!

hello NICESSITY, hello TOOHOTHYDRO, j'esperes que cela se passeras le mieux possible,tout my soutient et a tres bientot.

Last edited:
hello NICESSITY, hello TOOHOTHYDRO, j'esperes que cela se passeras le mieux possible,tout my soutient et a tres bientot.

Translation: "I hope that everything goes great! You have all my support! talk soon."

!Merci, homme ! j'apprécie votre suivre de mon journal pour mon usine!

Translation: "Thank you man, I appreciate you following my plant's grow diary"

Hey Nice!
My friend wish u all the best,and have you seen this on your cm?
toohothydro-albums-critical-mass-2011-picture6130-cm-2.jpg

Talk to you soon ;)
Cheers thh

P.S. mine is getting all reddish on pistils...looks great...

Hey Nice!
My friend wish u all the best,and have you seen this on your cm?
toohothydro-albums-critical-mass-2011-picture6130-cm-2.jpg

Talk to you soon ;)
Cheers thh

P.S. mine is getting all reddish on pistils...looks great...

Hey mate! Yes, mine looked just like that at the beginning of maturation. Mine, at the tops, are almost all dark-medium orange. Smells very sweet, not skunky! Good luck!

almost a full shot, she is a meter wide and can't get the camera high enough to get the whole thing in a shot!
SANY0024.JPG

just a random bud
SANY0040.JPG

central stalk
SANY0033.JPG

Love the bud photo man!
It's just beautiful,and frosty ...looks yummy mmmmmmmm
enjoy the fruits of your labour and all the best to you and fam ;)
Cheers
Thh

Back