Cambodia bagseed 2021

Its a Little while since i updated. Been away a wk or so and drier weather has brought red spider mites to the limey plant in the compost. Those unforgettable spots on the leaves are so familiar in a deadly way.
1638716465221.jpg

I managed to find neem oil and eucalytypus oil so ive mixed the 2 with water and am spraying the plant morning and evening, doing my best to clean the underside of the leaves. The regimen has begun. Im Wondering if teatree oil may also be effective against spider mites or other pests?

The buds are getting along a bit. I harvested 20+ seed from brown calyxes in the lower portion.
1638716464252.jpg
1638716464777.jpg

The tops are beginning to look more full, but could perhaps still last until the new year.

1638716679675.jpg
1638716679176.jpg
1638716680489.jpg
1638716680107.jpg
I skinned and smashed up some aloe vera into a pulp and added it to a watering can. I heard somewhere about it aiding a plants immune response. Can't remember the technicalities, but im giving it a whirl. Gotta improvise a bit.

Alrighty, busy times.

She's still going, ive upped the watering since wet season abruptly ended 2 wks ago. Pistils were full coloured and she looked done. More water and away we go. Fresh growth. Holding out til new year i hope.

1639960016514.jpg
1639960017336.jpg
1639960018152.jpg
1639960017737.jpg

The next gen of seeds are on the way. Will find an appropriate moment to take some pics.

Cheers!

She’ll go for weeks yet if you have the time to let her mature fully.

Interesting that you think so. I have no time constraints really. Other than the spider mites. With the other plants i took the top buds and ended up leaving the rest of the plants for weeks after, which makes me think they probably were taken a little early. Mould was a factor. Humidity is much lower lately so hopefully that will allow more time.

In the interests of 'science' ill follow your advice and try to push the cropping window as late as possible. Might be useful to find a loupe to check trichomes also.

Weeks ago i pulled seeds off this plant and sewed them direct, because the shells had browned and looked as tho they wouldnt store well. One of those plants came through and is around a foot tall already. Amongst the tallest of the next round.

I smoked a few of the seed calyxs one morning before driving off, very good effect from a one toke blast. Strong and light. No yawning, had a good laugh that morning. Somehow different to the other plants ive grown.

I took a lower nug off yesterday to test, and ive had a few days off smoking so im looking forward to try again.

Promising stuff so far and ive got many seeds back, 2 different males.

Lets see...

I have been watching the sun move towards its furthest point and this morning we see the limit. I will be putting these girls out to flower today. Below is a seedling from the above flowering plant i refer to as 'the lime one'
1640047021353.jpg

These 3 below are from a seed batch i collected of a local commercial variety. I presume a hybrid of some kind. I started them around 2 months ago. They lived in poor quality clay for 6 weeks doing almost nothing. Fortunately i found good compost and theyve begun to grow proper.

The first one has really long and distinct leaves compared to the others. Its the only one of this type from around 16 plants. Already a favorite of mine.
1640047022198.jpg

This plant is from the same batch for comparison. It has been topped. More lower branches pushing up.

1640047022722.jpg

And one more which is the widest leaf of the group. Leaflets touching in places.
1640048336592.jpg

Very interesting to see the variation within this group of plants. The seeds themselves i picked from a big batch of bud with a variety of smells so i imagine they are from a multitide of plants. I will make a few f2s with different parents. Im particularly interested in the longer narrow leaf type, but i will also inbreed the wideleaf.

The bud which these plants came from was nothing special. Nice smells, empty high. No taste. It had been flash dried, crispy on the outside and damp in the centre. So they likely damaged it in the process. Im interested to see what comes and whether something good can be gleened with a little more care.

Right then, its the end of the year. Another loop. What did we learn? Once again, not entirely sure.

This plant is the last of the batch. She's been suffering with these white grubs that eat the stem and leave a white residue. I could not contain the problem so i decided to cut before i lost more bud.

1640914707481.jpg

If it wasnt for the pests i think she could have kept on for many weeks, but i had to cut my loses.

1640914261689.jpg

1640914260548.jpg

1640914261080.jpg

1640914262523.jpg

Right then, its the end of the year. Another loop. What did we learn? Once again, not entirely sure.

This plant is the last of the batch. She's been suffering with these white grubs that eat the stem and leave a white residue. I could not contain the problem so i decided to cut before i lost more bud.

View attachment 57491

If it wasnt for the pests i think she could have kept on for many weeks, but i had to cut my loses.

View attachment 57492

View attachment 57493

View attachment 57494

View attachment 57495
Sounds like mealybugs. They stay on the stems between the flower and stem bye at times . They don't eat the stem but suck sap . And they leave a white residue.

Can you grow indoors?
I will soon but it will take an investment on better lights and the works such as air-conditioning . And either a tent or build a room in the spare bedroom where I do my veg right now. I may look into a complete tent kit or 2 one for veg and one for flower . Or buy one of those three in one tents to have it all in one tent .

View attachment 57491

View attachment 57492

View attachment 57493

View attachment 57494

View attachment 57495
Hey man, sorry to hear about the bug problems.
I imagine growing in Cambodia, humidity ECT would make things hard
Thanks for sharing such interesting plants
I've been meaning to D.M you
Chat soon✌️

Hey all, and happy new year. it was a fun few days. Hope you had a good one.

Things have moved along greatly since starting this thread, and its been cool to share a window into the plants and get everyone's feedback.

This has kind of concluded this phase of things very neatly at this point with the first lot of random seeds finished and all plants cropped, seeds made.

One of the issues has been veg time in a 12/12 zone, the other being the heavy clay soil. The combination of the 2 means u get these stunted one bud wonder plants and some not growing at all cos its just clay and wet.

I tried to mix soil from here in different combinations and it did not fly at all. It was terrible and the plants just sat there.

The solution has been to combine simple coconut compost, with matured cowshit rice stem compost and burnt rice husk. Roughly 1/1/1.

The second thing being extra light to hold the plants in veg, so u can add 6hrs light each day and not feel like everything is on a random autoflower clock.

Since the last bit ive been taking care of the next round of seeds and after being put out to flower on the solstice they are beginning to show preflowers today.

So its all very timely as the clock ticks forth...

New year, new moon, new plants.

More to do in general.

I wish you all the best with your endeavours anyone who's checked in so far. Thanks again for the replies. I will let this thread tail off from here. Its a slice of the year that was. I will most probably start a different thread for the next lot as things get interesting.

So for now, thats me done.

Back