C99

The guy that puts together the potcast went over for the emerald cup and stayed with the bro grimm boys. Got to see and smoke their parental stock and their latest releases. Needless to say he was left very impressed....I don't think that he can get genius out of his head
I can hardly wait to get things going

Brother Monks C99

These are 2 differnt plants from 3 females i have. Both of these were harvested today at 8weeks 12/12. The other ones needs a few more days. Decent enough yield from them, resin coverage on both is above average and they smell of sweet fruit, the indica looking one smells of over ripe pineapple.

These are 2 differnt plants from 3 females i have. Both of these were harvested today at 8weeks 12/12. The other ones needs a few more days. Decent enough yield from them, resin coverage on both is above average and they smell of sweet fruit, the indica looking one smells of over ripe pineapple.

Nice! Thanks for sharing! Would love to see a smoke report and get your opinion on this line. Cheers.. S

Alecky, I'm betting they are the same general batch I got mine from as Cannasuer (IIRC) and Ripz(I know, I know lol) all had a great batch of C99 that really was the zenith of PotPimp.

I forgot you were over there until I commented on MattRiot. There were some great people over there that got suckered into it. I literally found PotGimp when I was looking for Grimm stock. Lot's got burned. I'm still waiting for my "pimp of the month" Chimera's Blueberry(dj)Xgrapefruit beans I won over there :p. At least I didn't lose $$$$ like so many.

c99 is definetly old but gold and an alltime winner. is extremely good with crossbreeding. great one you got there

Hey man.
Yeah the original 2K batch was special.
Really quick bloom and almost no smell growing, even in flower.
Too bad when they went back to the well they didn't do it the same way.
The 2.0 ( '16/'17 onwards ) is an 8 week strain with louder terpenes.
The f1 cross of the new stock can produce intersex now.
Not sure if they retained the best chemotype with the new p94 either

Last edited:
Hi guys...just wanted to chime in as I grew the original release...as well as P.88.
An interesting point I will make is that the very first C99 batch released and the last batch released before they shut down were not the same....there is plenty of speculation, the most popular being Soul Actually used a C99 Male to make the batch...who knows.
Anyway, surprisingly I have found the A13 re-release to be more reminiscent of the original C99, than the actual re-release of the C99 is!
The effect and flavours reminded me of the orig C99, however flowering time was around the 8+/- ...so not as fast.
I would recommend people try the A13 if they are seeking something closer to the orig C99, however...
Unfortunately the Re-release A13 was limited, so it may not be possible to get seed.
As much as I love BG genetics....The current C99 doesn't cut it against the original!

Hi guys...just wanted to chime in as I grew the original release...as well as P.88.
An interesting point I will make is that the very first C99 batch released and the last batch released before they shut down were not the same....there is plenty of speculation, the most popular being Soul Actually used a C99 Male to make the batch...who knows.
Anyway, surprisingly I have found the A13 re-release to be more reminiscent of the original C99, than the actual re-release of the C99 is!
The effect and flavours reminded me of the orig C99, however flowering time was around the 8+/- ...so not as fast.
I would recommend people try the A13 if they are seeking something closer to the orig C99, however...
Unfortunately the Re-release A13 was limited, so it may not be possible to get seed.
As much as I love BG genetics....The current C99 doesn't cut it against the original!

Hi man, did you end up trying the new release KQ to compare it to original.
My brother had a pack and showed me two nice plants in his garden. Four chunky little buds that went almost to the ground on both plants.
Really fruity and kind of bubblegum, one smelt a bit more funk.
He really liked the smoke, bred it to sensi star/black widow f1 and now lives on the cross like bread n butter
How did you find their new KQ?

Hi mate, yeah done the KQ and KQ XX.
I'm not a big on fem seed, but I have to admit the XX produced nicer specimens than the regs.
Does it compare to the original?....Not the same but definitely killer!!!

Back