Breeding text book

HerbsWePuff

Hello,

I was looking at some of the books regarding breeding.

At the moment i’ve Never grew herb before but I have experience in gardening and farming.

I’m setting up my first grow and just to challenge myself I will be doing that in a hydro setup which again I have never done ( ebb and flow).

Out of curiosity i would like to get a better understanding in how to breed herb. It’s not something i intend to be doing for now but I would like to learn the dinamica. At least on the theoretical side.

My question is what book/textbook would be best suited as a entry level but still ticks of the bases.

I’d there an author particularly successful in breeding?

Thwnkyou in advanced for your attention

Thank you for your input.

The €134 book on Amazon in your link is available free to download on google which is very cool!

It’s a 1960’s 2e edition publishing so i’m Curious but doubtfull it might be a bit outdated regarding newer discoveries (sure they are a view since the 60’s)
I think plants today grow the same way as they did in the 60’s :) but new discoveries are made constantly.

Anyway I will be open for other suggestions as wel.

As for now this is a good starting point!

Hi All

i personally know Rob Clarke well and believe his Marijuana Botany book is the most comprehensive and easily explained Cannabis science available. While many other paparazzi claim many things the Marjiuana Botany is written by a grower researcher for other growers and researchers....most other books are written by would be non growers...so this is something strong to consider. Marjiuana botany is contemporary and still a reference book i reach for many times. all the best Sb

any links to a .pdf of Principles of Plant Breeding?
Here it is.
Just a sample but better than nothing.
The price of the book went crazy because it's out of stock everywhere and only available on "print on demand".
I paid mine something around 20 € 2 years back when it was still available.

Thanks longball but i'll pass on using the credit card on the free trial site. feels like a trap lol

i was wanting to read the partIII "modern breeding plans"

maybe tom you can do a spoken word book version for me lol
View attachment 49303

This site is free free . Lol limited downloads per day but great for pdf and epub of many many books including this one

Back