Big Dreams

B

barletta

I recently picked up a bunch of packs of Dreamtime on special at s e e d bay.com, and I was wondering if anyone knew what strains actually make up the packs. Are they current strains, discontinued strains, test crosses, pollination mixups, breeding stock, etc..Has anyone grown them out, and found any other MRN strain in there? I plan to crack a bunch of these in a month or so, and I'll post a full report on em. Thanks!

Hi barletta

I only know what the description says:

"A selection of mixed indoor varieties of excellent parentage including Skunk, NL, Haze, and Afghan."

I haven't grown it personally but I ve heard good things about Dreamtime, some friends grew a pack outdoors and had very nice results.

Sorry I cant be of more help but I am sure you won't be disappointed by the results.

Good luck and keep us updated on how things go ;)

L33t
Thanks for stoppin in, I will be dropping these sometime in feb, I will post a grow log.

Great , looking forward to seeing how they end up, I ve seen very few reports on the Dreamtime so it would be nice to see some more photos and info first hand.

Good luck again

l33t

Hey Barletta, L33t,
I had no luck germing these seeds, 0 for 6. Well, I gave it the college try. Good luck to you with your effforts. Hopefully you'll get some interesting surprises.

DMC

"They are who we thought they were!"

^^Dennis Green^^

Got this from Shanti via PM:

"well done it sounds like you won the lotto or as the Australian Aboriginals call it The Dreamtime...

In this mixed indoor treat you will find a bit of all the regular 12 strains plus a few other batches of landraces and some of the specials....so it is a good mix to find something worth keeping.

All the best for 2008 Sb"

Shanti's cust svc is top notch, and I can't wait to get these. If we grow out a pack or a pack and a half at a time for keepers, why not spend half as much (better yet half of half as much lol bout $1.70 per bean @16 per pack)

Last edited:
^^Dennis Green^^

Got this from Shanti via PM:

"well done it sounds like you won the lotto or as the Australian Aboriginals call it The Dreamtime...

In this mixed indoor treat you will find a bit of all the regular 12 strains plus a few other batches of landraces and some of the specials....so it is a good mix to find something worth keeping.

All the best for 2008 Sb"

Shanti's cust svc is top notch, and I can't wait to get these. If we grow out a pack or a pack and a half at a time for keepers, why not spend half as much (better yet half of half as much lol bout $1.70 per bean @16 per pack)

Thanks for that!
Nice keepers! I bet
Some of the 12 MNS benchmarks + landraces :O shanti dude these are a steal at low price. I think I will get some of these while their at seed boutique £18.50
Thats £1.?? pr seed.

As Shanti replaced all the low germinating seeds or is he honoring replacements if they go bad? Although personally If I found 1-2 nice girls Id be happy.

Wisp - I picked up 5 packs over the holidays for bout $120 us. I have had normal germ rates so far (4 for 6). The 1 female that I have is stellar. She is tall, single cola dominant, dark green, loose buds, FAT calyxes. Smells like 80% lemon, 15% fuel, 5%skunk. She will come down at 10 weeks. I assume that her clones will come in @ 8-9 wks. I have to get busy on the spring plating, and I dropped 10 more of these today. I'll put up pics of the unknown plant 2moro, maybe someone will be able to ID it. I've been calling her "Shark Man". lol

EDIT - My first pack of MrNice gear didn't germ (out $50, not sooooo bad). Less than 2 weeks after I contacted Shanti here, I got a pack of SSH ($150 beans) from grandma in the homeland. ALL of the MrNice plants that I have been killer in their own right. I just wish that I had the time/space for that 14 wk SSH, or that succulent but unknown haze male from Dreamtime....

Last edited:
Here are some pix of my dreamtime lady. She is about 6-7 weeks into flowering (from when she showed sex). STINKS of lemon funky kushiness. Will probably go 9+ wks. Grows very single cola dominant, but throws off these scrappy lil shoots that are fattening up from the bottom of the plant up. She looks to be about 75% indica. I am thinking Shark Shock or Medicine Man. An old grower (who hasn't seen a live plant in bout 10 yrs) says that it is almost identical to the Sensi NL #5 that he ran from bout 90-96. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Sharkman7wks.JPG
    Sharkman7wks.JPG
    205.8 KB · Views: 362
  • Sharkmanfan.JPG
    Sharkmanfan.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 56
  • Forked leaf.JPG
    Forked leaf.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Scrappy.JPG
    Scrappy.JPG
    166.8 KB · Views: 61
  • fatter.JPG
    fatter.JPG
    153 KB · Views: 75
I've got an update here. Not much has changed, she is gradually filling out. The smell is getting heavier, and the lemon is blending in some. I didn't realize until I checked today, but she is coming up on 13 weeks from the flip. I don't need to cut her for space, as she is conveniently single cola, but I don't know why she is takin so long. Here is barletta thinking outloud (on a keyboard): Vegg'd maybe 20 days @ 20/4 {flipped a week before maturity (minus 1 wk)}. Grown from seed (minus 2 weeks). So....a variety with a finishing time 9-11 wks from clone? Maybe g/Sk x widow, widow??? C'mon somebody has to recognize her.....
Got a general grow question here. I have been growing in soil (ammended fox farm) in small pots, and I am happy with the results, but...... Some plants don't want to finish @ the top 1/3 of the main cola. They go through a nice progression from the bottom up (or the inside out, whatever) but they stall at the top. My G/Sk is in a 2-3l pot, and should yield over a half a z, but I have been waiting for the top to fill in forever. She was sprouted a week before the dreamtime, and flipped the same time, so she is truly creeping on 13 weeks 12/12 (seed plant flipped 30 days from seed). My Pine Bud x G-13 acted the same way, and so is this dreamtime. I expect some unevenness in the sativas, but I think that I am screwing something up for these indica hybrids to give me trouble. P.S. By 'finish', I mean the hairs die, and the calyxes fill out into each other making buds that are as dense as the middle/bottom of the plant.

Tried the color balance on the cam for this 1, worked OK
medshocktop10wks.JPG

Nice bud about 1/3 of the way up the cola. Still fluffy, but not 'scrappy'
medshockbig.JPG

medshockprofile.JPG

'Scrappy'
medshockshoot10wks.JPG

Last edited:
Chopped my girl the other day, she needs a day or 2 to finish drying. I have no idea what she is, she went 13 wks 12/12 after 3 wks veg from seed. Indica dom stature and smell, almost haze structure to the buds, super fluffy. Grown organically (bio for y'all euro's lol) in a 1 gal soil pot. Combo HPS/CMH, should yield bet. 1-1.5 oz.

Dreamtimedry.JPG

Bud shot next to some live Orange Diesel
DreamtimenOrangeD.JPG

She's goin into jars tonight. Heavy stone, fueley aftertaste, (Dank Mangoes?).

Dreamdry1.JPG

Dreamtimedry2.JPG

dreamtimefrosty.JPG

Real smoke report in a few wks.....

very nice indeed Barletta!

enjoy ;)

............#............

as he sits here with noth'n pffffff.:( lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
This bud is well....um.....different. I'm sure that it has it's time and place, but as a daily/regular smoke, I didn't really like it. I am by no means a pot snob, I love the inside (least abused) of some good brick, and will smoke whatever if I have no bud. This bud had a crushing, depressing type high. Very heavy and tasty, like hashy mangoes with fuel and skunk hints, the high is nice for about 5 minutes, then it's like I just don't want to exist, lol. I feel like I do sometimes in the morning after a night of bubble hash, almost hungover. I did let her go like 13 wks 12/12, and 10-11 wks after the 1st flower. I don't have a scope, but I can get an idea of trich color with my cam, and she looked all cloudy, lil amber. I am running a shitload outside, and will run a few cuts through down below, but she needs to shape up or ship out, lol. I was told that people really liked the bud. This was probably due to bag appeal. Other than the buds being loose, they were sexy, FROSTY, and smelled great. This is the 1st plant that I can think of that I grew and didn't really like the high. I have been spoiled, though. I was turned on to growing by a sativa lover, and I've been growing hazes and hawaiians primarily for a while.

I have another dreamtime (for some reason, I am not comfortable typing 'DT' ugh) that I will begin sexing this week. If it is a female, I will do a report here. I also have some dreamtime seeds down, so if I get any girls, be on the look out.

EDIT - I'm thinkin that this plant is Mango Widow after seeing the clone flower. I put a post on Pg 3, but this is a lil summary and I didn't want it to be missed. I will do a full smoke report on the clone and if my OD plant finishes, I'll get pix and an outdoor smoke report here

Last edited:
This bud is well....um.....different. I'm sure that it has it's time and place, but as a daily/regular smoke, I didn't really like it. I am by no means a pot snob, I love the inside (least abused) of some good brick, and will smoke whatever if I have no bud. This bud had a crushing, depressing type high. Very heavy and tasty, like hashy mangoes with fuel and skunk hints, the high is nice for about 5 minutes, then it's like I just don't want to exist, lol. I feel like I do sometimes in the morning after a night of bubble hash, almost hungover. I did let her go like 13 wks 12/12, and 10-11 wks after the 1st flower. I don't have a scope, but I can get an idea of trich color with my cam, and she looked all cloudy, lil amber. I am running a shitload outside, and will run a few cuts through down below, but she needs to shape up or ship out, lol. I was told that people really liked the bud. This was probably due to bag appeal. Other than the buds being loose, they were sexy, FROSTY, and smelled great. This is the 1st plant that I can think of that I grew and didn't really like the high. I have been spoiled, though. I was turned on to growing by a sativa lover, and I've been growing hazes and hawaiians primarily for a while.

I have another dreamtime (for some reason, I am not comfortable typing 'DT' ugh) that I will begin sexing this week. If it is a female, I will do a report here. I also have some dreamtime seeds down, so if I get any girls, be on the look out.
it sounds to me like it may have been harvested far too late, as in the DT pack their are some NL and Afg. landraces so the mango you describe sounds to me like its very likely to be an afghan landrace as most afg. has a nice citrus flavor...if thats the case try harvesting a few weeks earlier and u should have a bit more of a cerebral and up high...something like maybe 8-9 weeks after flower appearance

Hi curious. I am still new to growing, but I have noticed many plants change DRASTICALLY from seedplant to clone. I am currently experiencing this with SSH. I fukked up and judged based on seedplant flowering, now I have to try to re-veg or something.... I liked how the dreamtime grew, so I am going to run a few through, and take them a lil earlier. The plant looked very wispy up until about a week before harvest, and even when I cut her there were many white hairs. I am putting 4-5 lbs in the ground, so we will see how she does under the sun. She is a bit rough to clone, but has no problems going dry in the sun (95 deg+ last wk). She 'triggered' quickly inside, so I figgure that she should finish by mid oct.

sounds awesome...best of luck, sometimes its just body chemisty and the strain don't mix...i know from experience that some strains just don't mix with certain individuals...everyone loves SSH but it gives me severe anxiety/panic attacks and very racy bad thoughts yet to some its a staple in their garden...then others say Skunk #1 is mediocre yet its one of the few strains that really takes me to another level and i wouldn't consider it the most potent in town...i had a pack of DT that didn't sprout but i'm sure there are some real winners in a pack and they do look quite BEAUTIFUL...nice grow skills for sure Barletta, don't look like a rookie job to me!

Thanks for stoppin in, and for the kind words guys. I have 1 more dreamtime that I am currently sexing outside. It is about a month old, and looks to be an indica leaning hybrid. It smells and looks similar to the 2 Shit's that I have, but there is no way to tell @this point. It should show anyday now, and I'll post what it is, and if it's a girl, I'll document her here. If it's a male, I may spread him around, it is a nice lookin plant so far, and has a will to live. Is the only plant from ~65 Dreamtime seeds. Shanti is making right, and whatever he sends to replace them, I will grow and show here (MrN).

:cool:

I put down the remainder of my seeds a week or 2 ago to test the viability of some packs, and nothing happened. I planted the 3 (of 25+) that cracked, and I just dug around to see what was goin on. 1 had flipped upside down, and the root was just starting to poke through the surface. I flipped it around, and it looks like it will be ok. Another was about to poke through, and should be ok. The 3rd was kind of weak looking. Growing in a tiny curly Q, and a lil too yellow. I don't think it will make the surface....

Last edited:
Back