beating the winter blues

sysadmin

snow is on the ground and winter approaches as long nights rule. nothing better to beat winter blues than the smells and sights of late summer blooming away inside. I am still running the same shits and c99s from last year. this time around a scrog is being used to control height and better manage plants. 2 plants per 5 gall bucket in foxfarm/promix soil. vegged under flouro rack, flowered under 1k MH.

end of veg
IMG_2082.JPG

IMG_2083.JPG

21 days of flower
IMG_2177.JPG

IMG_2181.JPG

Last edited:
Looks nice but i'm a bit confused ...

I thought one of the big Desires for the Shit/SS was that @ 28-35 days of flowering the buds are already BIG... and only a few weeks away from finish ??

Or am I confusing this with something else ???

the shit phenos I selected prefer about 9+- weeks to finish. Even when run from the original pack the fastest plants were still about 52 days or so. Despite years of observation it is still always amazing how spindly things look at 3 weeks flower and then the weight really comes from week 4 onwards. With the scrog these plants have been topped numerous times so I doubt there will be any forearms in this batch but if yield is what you seek both shit and CM produce phenos that yield heavily ime.

Ahhhhhhhh ... I see.

I think I may be mixing it up with NL5xSk1 which was called ShivaSkunk at Sensi. And as far as my knowledge goes what was called SuperSkunk at sensi is now called Shit here at MNS. (Please correct me if i'm wrong)

From what I understand the NL5xSk1 (ShivaSkunk) has some pheno's that have dense buds already at 4 weeks as opposed to just beginning to gain density at 4 weeks. This is what i'm searching for in particular ... Not really sure if CM or Shit have those pheno's.

About 38 days into flower and things are filling nicely. No bloom enhancer or chemis being used but have watered with molasses the last 10 days. The indica pheno c99 is already turning--this pheno really is a 7 week product. Otherwise the shits look good and are on track for 9+- weeks as is the other c99 sativa pheno.

IMG_2283.jpg

IMG_2286.jpg

IMG_2292.JPG

I love this pheno of shit.....very sativa in growth and high with a consistent upper buzz good for just about anything (except sleeping)....taken about 65 days from clone....one of my three selected shit phenos and a keeper for sure

thcforest.JPG

shitcaliclose.JPG

crystal.JPG

shitcali.JPG

this is my second selected keeper. nicknamed "piney" due to its overwhelming pine/menthol smell. probably the strongest pheno in the garden amongst shit and c99. smoke is slightly expansive but smooth, very piney taste. almost instant high with severe drymouth and perpetual half smile. best used once important daily activities are accomplished due to its strong effect but really a nice blend of sativa/indica sensations.

IMG_2523.JPG

IMG_2514.JPG

IMG_2506.JPG

IMG_2515.jpg

hey msg--these two phenos are particularly frosty and I feel lucky to have found them both in one pack. the third pheno below is what I call the "classic" shit. the skunkiest smelling and a real narcotic/indica stone. For this reason I am letting this one go since it tends to knock me out. If you smoke too much of this pheno you will get unpleasantly dizzy! but for commercial production this one has it all, clones easy, grows like crazy, buds fast, heavy producer, strong stone. reminds me of the CM phenos I grew in the 90s. good for pain according to persons I gave to as substitute for opiates.

IMG_2566.JPG

IMG_2570.JPG

IMG_25711.JPG

thank you so much for your thoughtful reply :)

awesome grow you had going with these, love the set-up.

your 'classic Shit' pheno looks great and the smell and stone sound memorable.

but your sativa pheno just looks unreal.

great lookin herb, thanks for sharing.

noticed SB has packs of shit listed for under 50 bucks as of yesterday. not sure how long they'll last and I have not seen them listed elsewhere as of late--damn they sold out already in under 24 hours. people want the shit!

Last edited:
the beat goes on....far right row = cindy, middle right = shit (cali) middle left = shit (piney), far left = la nina seedlings. vegging for another 2-3 weeks. the shits and cindy are dialed in, very happy with lush growth. the LN are growing fast, germed 8/9, culled one, one runt, 6 healthy plants. Really loking forward to the LN!

IMG_26041.JPG

LN pheno
IMG_2595.JPG

another LN
IMG_2594.JPG

winding down another season. Yeah I know spring hit weeks ago but the winter blues are still not totally blasted away in my neck of the woods. fortunately nothing like some sativa shit to brighten your day. Should be finished in about 3 weeks, the screen is looking nice and heavy. The plan is to let the plants go a little longer than last time, maybe 70 days since @ 65 the heads were still almost all clear.

IMG_2746.JPG

Great looking plants, makes me excited to know I have a pack en route :)... Yours are hands down the frostiest phenos I have seen anywhere online. How big of a selection did you have?

Cheers,
Bod~

finishing up

EOTR for 2010/11. The cindys are finished, the shits are close, the LN is slow. It was a good year, pull after pull my favorite strain continues to be the shit "cali" pheno. Rolled up a fattie yesterday for long mtn bike ride and blew my buddy away--racy focused high perfect for hours of single track. anyhow enjoy some more shots. I uploaded a bunch more but looks like they somehow got rejected and I already cleared the usb stick.

IMG_2841.JPG

IMG_2843.JPG

IMG_2881.JPG

IMG_2887.JPG

just one more bartender! I gotta showcase the shit "cali" pheno a little more. This pheno really is my favorite in the garden, very productive and resilient with that oh so nice upper sativa buzz. if the house was burning and I could only grab one clone it would be this one.

getting some nice purpling this time on leaves
IMG_2900.JPG

IMG_2921.JPG

resin laden top leaning
IMG_2945.JPG

IMG_2948.JPG

Yeah, I am still in love with this lady all these years later. Has that piney terp taste and the high is always so uplifting to mood and makes anything better. The standard by which I judge other old school strains. A few recent popcorns from lower branches that are whispier than standard, still great smoke.

IMG_42001.JPG

Back