BBill's Test thread.

BotanicalBill

BBill's Early Haze Test thread.

Got word today the package arrived. Beans will be dropped in water within the next 24 hours.

Woo woo

Last edited:
I'm re-posting this, slightly edited, from the tester thread, so if it feels like deja vu, it's not you going insane

I'm fixing on doing 2 types of mediums.. a pretty standard heavily-perlited(is that even a word?) promix based medium, watered with casting/guano/kelp teas. Also will be trying the same size (2 gal) containers using a fresh coco block I bought a while back and never got around to using.. I think in the coco I may do the guano/casting/kelp mix in a couple as well as some Canna Coco nutes I bought last year and never got around to using..

In the seedling/early veg stage I'll be using some 4ft mixed spectrum T5s then I'll probably move up to a 1k hps for a week or two of veg and final flowering.. If not the 1k, I also have some 600s.. Part of it depends on how many I end up flowering..

I also bought some NHS and CM from shanti right before he sent the testers so I'm debating popping some of those as well.. I'll wait a few days to decide on those..

Thanks for droppin' by!

I'm Also Subscribing To This Thread BB

My Early Haze Arrived Yesterday ( Thanks Again SB )
I Have Only Once Ever Grown Cannabis Seeds So Small ( Texas Mystics ; Trainwreck X L.U.I )
They Were Waiting For Me When I Returned From " Rip Off Amsterdam "
And Despite Managing To Bring Home A Decent Amount ( I Found Someone In A Good Coffeeshop To Sell Me An Ounce Of Excellent Hash )
I'm Dechlorinating My Water And Bringing It Up To Room Temperature Before Soaking These Seeds
Anyways , Best Start My Own Thread As Well
All The Best This Season , Botanical Bill :)
Joe:)

Little update, after 48 hours 12 of 16 have popped tails and have been planted. 8 in coco, 8 in soil. I'll split the cocos eventually to 4 of those using canna coco and 4 using teas. Well I'll have 4 extra too eventually. I'll split those too.
I'll spare you all the exciting picture of 12 cups full of soil and coco with seeds hidden under them. I think we all know how exciting those are.

BB

ok, 15 of 16 popped tails. So I'm planting all 4 left and if the 4th one pops it's head out in a few days, we're 100% for germ rate!

BB

Soundin good BB, I've got a few med patients here asking about the early skunk lines, so i'm really interested in this variety myself and how she preforms, I'm sure your gonna rock the shit out of em too bro, lookin forward to it.

Ok, it looks like I have at least 15 of the 16 that have broken through the soil or coco. The 16th I can tell at least germinated but it looks like it may have decapitated itself trying to bust out. Either way, as far as germ rate goes I got 100%. I'll take the first pics in a couple days, right now they're just a boring pair of cotelydons. Plus I'm picking up a tripod in a day or two just for this event. I'm going to try and make a cheap light box as well and see if I can learn to take a decent picture or two for once in my life.

Yea, sort of, scaramanga! The latest news is I have 11 that are doing just great, 1 that is slower than the rest but still upright and happy, 1 did get decapitated at birth somehow.
Now, I have 3 more that somehow seemed to have bit the dust(1 may survive) by what looks to be them falling over and folding in half. They weren't any taller than the others that are doing just great. It perplexed me for a while because those 3 were 3 that were in Coco.. however other coco ones were just fine and all my soil ones were fine..

So, what I think happened was, a day after I put them in their final veg location I used a big motor-driven sprayer from like 12-15 feet away from them to spray some pyrethrin all through the entire room to get the last of some white flies that I had in there from a previous few girls. My guess is that somehow, even though the seedlings were protected on the side by the big tub they are in and I was 12+ feet away, maybe a gust or two hit those 3 seedlings with a strong enough gust to bend them in half. All 3 are laying down on top of the coco but one has actually turned it's leaves up and may survive if the stem can hold on. I think I lost the other 2 though but they still have bright green leaves. I won't kill em until I know for sure they are toast.

So anyway, I have 11 for sure that will make it, and most likely the 12th that's just growing slow, and maybe a 13th that looks like it may pull through the hurricane. I decided to just pop the rest of my beans as well to make up for them so those will be coming up 5-6 days behind my original ones. Either way things are going well enough. I'll post some pics Thursday.

BB

Seedling picture.

Not much exciting here but I did get my tripod in and wanted to see how it worked. You can see the healthy ones, the real slow one, and the one that I still am not sure if it's going to make it that bended in half but started facing back up. You can also see that I really need to rinse out my tub they are sitting in. I'm embarrassed.

Attachments

• Seedlings.JPG
    Seedlings.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 78
Update..

Ok.. Got some pics to show up from today.. First I'll type in some notes..

The soil girls as you will see are much much more advanced than the Coco-planted plants of the same. The soils look to be roughly 3X the size, as you'll see in the pics. I didn't use any nutes at all in the Coco at first because I'd always read that whole "You don't need any nutes for seedlings for the first couple weeks" belief.. While that may be true, my promix plants had 75% fresh peat+perlite, no nutes at all, and 25% guanto tea-drenched peat+perlite. The difference between the two is amazing. A week or so ago I threw in some lightly nuted water to the Coco and that kickstarted them a little bit. But my lesson learned here was, at least in my case, having a lightly nuted(is that a word?) medium seems to really increase the rate of growth out of the gate. The coco plants themselves, however, look just fine, they're just behind.

I also have another 4 girls, 3 in coco, 1 in promix that are a week or so behind but I didn't bother with pictures of them, they're just small seedlings.
I'll probably repot the promix girls into 1/2ish gal pots before next week. They're drying out completely pretty much every 24-36 hours at this stage.

One last note is, 4 days ago I was kind of surprised at how indica-leaning the babies in promix looked considering the parental lineage. But a few days later the leaves seem to be thinning out a little bit.

Oh yes, one more thing, the girls are EXTREMELY uniform in structre. They pretty much look identical between one another.

Attachments

• P1010197.JPG
    P1010197.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 14
  • P1010198.JPG
    P1010198.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 13
  • P1010199.JPG
    P1010199.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 10
  • P1010200.JPG
    P1010200.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 10
  • P1010201.JPG
    P1010201.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 10
Just a quick update, I repotted all but 1 of my soil babies. The one I didn't was the one I popped the seed a week later than the rest so it's not ready. They all had great root structure wrapping in a circle around the bottom of the cups. I think they would be a little bigger had I re-potted them earlier.. I've also been too stingy with the nutes not wanting to burn them but it seems they really could handle quite a bit more. I brewed up a full-strength batch of tea for them so they should start to rocket here over the next week. The coco ones it looks like I was still too light on the nutes and are so far behind the soil ones it's rather disturbing to the point that I'm half tempted to pot them into the soil that I'm comfortable with. I doubled the strength of the nutes and drenched them all today so I'll give them a couple days to see if it speeds them up, if not I'll go all-soil where I know I can make them shine. I'll get some pics Monday for everyone once they have some time to settle into their new larger homes.

Enjoy the weekend

BB

Very Inspiring Post BB

Using Absolutely No Artificial Lighting From Day One Shows Clearly When Comparing Plants Of The Same Strain, And Roughly The Same Age
It's Been A Good Two Weeks Now And My Plants Are Fully Acclimatised To The Outdoors
Problem Is We Have Very Little Sunshine Yet
A Nice Dry July And August Would Almost Certainly Assure A Great Crop Come Late September
Nice To See Images Of More Developed Plantlets ( I'm Hoping My Plants Reach That Stage , Like Yours ) In A Week
Superthrive Is All I Have Added
Thanks,:)
Joe:)

Attachments

• Early Haze- Few Drops Of Superthrive-June12.jpg
    Early Haze- Few Drops Of Superthrive-June12.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Early STart k Early Fub.jpg
    Early STart k Early Fub.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 3
  • June12- Early Haze - Low Light.jpg
    June12- Early Haze - Low Light.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 4
  • Mr Nice Early Haze Testers- June 12 - Slow.jpg
    Mr Nice Early Haze Testers- June 12 - Slow.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Prepping For Forced Flower- G13 X Cheese- June 12.jpg
    Prepping For Forced Flower- G13 X Cheese- June 12.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Time Out; TGIF.jpg
    Time Out; TGIF.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 7
Latest pics.

Ok, got the pics and am going to throw them up. They soil ones that got potted up seemed to really like their new home in just the last 3 days. The coco seem to be doing a little better since I gave them a full dose of canna but I'm still up in the air about switching them to my promix/guano that seems to be where my skills are better at the moment..

Is there anyone reading this that is just dying to see how they do in Coco that would prefer me not put them all in promix? I'll give them a couple/few more days in the smaller cups and then decide.. If nothing else I'll at least keep 1 or two in coco and see how they do in bigger pots..

Just one note, I didn't take a picture of every one in the black pots because they simply all look identical right now.. All nice and healthy..

Shanti, when you get this, do you have any recommendations as to whether these would benefit from being topped at all? I'm probably getting to a point where it's going to be that time.. I could always do 1/2 and 1/2 and see how it goes.. I'm not limited to any particular height or width restrictions within reason as long as you don't want a 12 foot beast, so I'm open to trying various strageties..

I'm thinking about maybe flipping the big ones in 1-2 weeks depending on how much they take off after the repotting.. I'd like them to at least be a foot..

Attachments

• P1010202.JPG
    P1010202.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 9
  • P1010203.JPG
    P1010203.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 8
  • P1010204.JPG
    P1010204.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 7
  • P1010205.JPG
    P1010205.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 11
  • P1010206.JPG
    P1010206.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 7
  • P1010207.JPG
    P1010207.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 7
  • P1010208.JPG
    P1010208.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 6
  • P1010209.JPG
    P1010209.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 5
  • P1010210.JPG
    P1010210.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 4
  • P1010211.JPG
    P1010211.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 5
  • P1010212.JPG
    P1010212.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Updated 6/24

Howdy folks.. Just took the latest set of shots..

For those wondering about my coco girls I was debating on moving to soil I have kept them in Coco for now.. once I bumped up the nutes they started doing better. I also just repotted them a couple days ago so they should start seeing much better growth.. I repotted my promix ones back a week or so ago and they exploded as expected..

The promixed tea-drenches babies are all just kicking ass. I can see no deficienices anywhere and they just seem to be loving life. They are anywhere from I'd say 10" to 15" now.. I have 1 confirmed girl. I'm somewhat stoked about her because she's the one with the most uniform and tight internode spacing of all of them. In the pics I'll post she's the one with the green cap next to her. Note I haven't flipped these or anything yet, I just have that one that popped a hair or two, and I'm pretty sure I see another couple sprouting some balls as well under 18/6..

The coco ones are doing ok, but I do see some deficiencies in a couple of them.. Coco definately isn't my strength so I'm not exactly sure what to make of it.. Most of them look just fine, but one has some pretty jacked up leaves as you'll be able to see in the pictures.. Maybe the problem will jump out at someone when they see it. They are all given the exact same nute regimen so maybe it's just a matter of that particular one not digging the canna @ 1tsp/gallon A, 1tsp/gallon B + maybe 1/2 tsp calmax per gallon. I'm not really sure and frankly I'm not losing sleep over it because I have so many other great looking ones right now.

I'm kind of on the fence on where to go from here.. all the promix ones except the smallest(because I sprouted it a week later) are for sure old enough to be flowered, but I can't decide if I want to go bigger or not before flowering. ..

Shanti, do you have any guess as to how much these should stretch? I'm not sure if you've flowered these out before or we're all the first to do it.. If you think 3X then I think I'll be repotting sometime mid-week into 2 gallon containers, then starting to flower next week. If 2X I may wait 2-3 weeks.. I've got plenty of experience training so I could control height if needed, and these seem to be quite flexible and should be easily trained if needed..

Anyway, here's the pics. I assume everyone can tell that the ones with no perlite in them are the coco, and are also smaller. and the Promix ones are the healthiest, biggest, and full of perlite. If anyone needs any specific type of pictures that I'm not putting out, let me know and I'll try and get something for you.

Attachments

• P1010175.jpg
    P1010175.jpg
    592.2 KB · Views: 12
  • P1010176.jpg
    P1010176.jpg
    625.3 KB · Views: 9
  • P1010177.JPG
    P1010177.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 9
  • P1010178.JPG
    P1010178.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 6
  • P1010179.JPG
    P1010179.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 6
  • P1010180.JPG
    P1010180.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 7
  • P1010181.JPG
    P1010181.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 7
  • P1010182.JPG
    P1010182.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 12
  • P1010183.JPG
    P1010183.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 3
  • P1010184.JPG
    P1010184.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 1
  • P1010185.JPG
    P1010185.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 3
  • P1010186.JPG
    P1010186.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 7
  • P1010187.JPG
    P1010187.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 6
  • P1010188.jpg
    P1010188.jpg
    531.8 KB · Views: 2
  • P1010189.jpg
    P1010189.jpg
    533.3 KB · Views: 22
more pics..

guess there was a 15 pic limit.. here's the rest.

Also, I probably mentioned it before, but please don't just these ones in Coco yet.. Coco isn't my strong point and I got them off to a slow start, so give me some time to get them rocking!

Attachments

• P1010190.jpg
    P1010190.jpg
    445.6 KB · Views: 1
  • P1010191.jpg
    P1010191.jpg
    468 KB · Views: 1
  • P1010192.jpg
    P1010192.jpg
    704.2 KB · Views: 3
  • P1010193.jpg
    P1010193.jpg