Badrabbit's Kaze Grow

Alright, alright! Thanks for you input and great commentary, enjoyed that ... that's what I was looking for, some level-headed input.

I didn't mention it, but another 'problem' I found was that when I pulled out the group from the closet, I discovered a male in the back that had escaped my detection and looks like it let pollen go .... another thing I specifically did NOT want to do.

And you know .... maybe some Nordle could start in that now vacant closet space ... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

thanks again for your input MNS friends!
cheers,
rabbit

Suggestion #4: Think about baseball. Damnitt :)
Elmer's suggestions to clean up the under-bush and improve reflectivity around the grow are solid.

At least you won't have to buy another pack of these seeds later when you realize you love the smoke :)

Nordle in the closet is a GREAT idea.
Or . . . add the light in the Kaze grow (if you do have another light you aren't using and the new room can stand the heat.)

If you do the Nordle, do it SOG and understand it might not stretch much (see SCROG's excellent grow if you haven't already.)

Suggestion #4: Think about baseball. Damnitt :)
Elmer's suggestions to clean up the under-bush and improve reflectivity around the grow are solid.

At least you won't have to buy another pack of these seeds later when you realize you love the smoke :)

Nordle in the closet is a GREAT idea.
Or . . . add the light in the Kaze grow (if you do have another light you aren't using and the new room can stand the heat.)

If you do the Nordle, do it SOG and understand it might not stretch much (see SCROG's excellent grow if you haven't already.)

Thanks Cptn, yup, I have a 400W MH I could throw at them.

I do think I'll start some Nordle and PP seeds in a smaller batch and do a more cautious approach to selection on this next round.

The Kaze looks to be responding well. I have lollipopped them and will continue to trim in the next week at least. They are enjoying the breathing room though ... I'll enjoy having to admit it was a dumb idea to pull them by the quality of the final result. Every female has two copies working, so no genetics will be lost regardless, stll plenty of time for some selection action.

best,
rabbit

G`day BR

Just had a look at your pix in the new room .
I really do think those plants have got potential . I would lollipop the under story a little and lash out for some panda for the walls . I think tall plants like these will benefit from the reflected light more than say a more squat type of plant receiving mainly light from above . This is a trick I learnt from my ole sparring partner Hempy ,bless him . And seemed to work for me too.
I also think Captn has a good point re the Haze as a contrast to your next run of Indicas .
Havin Nordle and Mango Widow to choose from is a nice problem to have ....

Thanks for sharin

Elmer Bud .

Thanks Elmer! I posted a response to your note that I apparently lost in the rush .. anyway, what's a 'panda'? Cute asian bears notwithstanding?

best,
rabbit

Panda is the thick 2-sided plastic (black on 1 side, white on the other) commonly used to build tents and line the walls of grow rooms for reflectivity instead of mylar.

Saw a lot of people saying good things about a grow log on Master Kaze by a guy named amoril in ICmag. Thought you might like it.

Here's the link: Master Kaze: Test Grow for Mr. Nice Seeds

Should we expect an update from you soon Rabbit?

Thanks for the link Cptn, I think I saw that one .... some impressive results ... but "102 days and could have gone for more"! Yikes!

Kaze looks like it's responding nicely to its new roomier digs .... and it looks like it might want to go 102 days, at least!

Anyway, I'll ride that horse to see where she wants to go and post some pics soon.

In the mean time, I did rebuild the closet with new equip and starting popping some Nordle and Peyote Purple to go in there ... can't wait.

cheers,
rabbit

G`day BR

Just thinkin about your op .
Another tip I learned from Hempy the Hazes don`t necessarily need to be directly under the light and do quite well out wider on the light foot print . Which could free up space for some Indica or clones in the space directly under your hoods .
This could be beneficial in 2 ways increasing your yields from your space and supplying you with some smoko in the mean time .

102 + days is a long wait ....

Thanks for sharin
Elmer Bud .

Hmmm... sorry Elmer, I've posted a response to your note with new photos and on 3 repeated tries over the last day and it's failed to actually post up/appear.

I'm sure I'm doing something dumb, but I can't figure out what, I'm just posting two photos and they're not big.

I'll have to go figure out WTF!!!>!^!^!&!((&T@&@!@E@!E!@E@

Thanks for the link Cptn, I think I saw that one .... some impressive results ... but "102 days and could have gone for more"! Yikes!

Kaze looks like it's responding nicely to its new roomier digs .... and it looks like it might want to go 102 days, at least!

Anyway, I'll ride that horse to see where she wants to go and post some pics soon.

In the mean time, I did rebuild the closet with new equip and starting popping some Nordle and Peyote Purple to go in there ... can't wait.

cheers,
rabbit

As followup, I re-read Champa's Kaze grow report and noted he replied to Sensi13's question on flowering times thusly:

"... the flowering times for this stain are anywhere from 49-84 days , the kush dominant phenos finish earlier and the haze dominant pheno's are longer flowering, there may be the odd extreme haze in the line that would go longer but i would expect most plants to be done or nearly done by 70 days."

So hopefully, no 102 day phenos in the grow!

best,
rabbit,

3rd try

Having trouble posting photos, I'll try again and post just one at a time.

(If someone could tell me how to post photos in the message rather than attachments I'd be grateful; when I click on the 'insert photo' button, it asks for a URL?)

Anyway, here's a nicely developing Kaze bud at about 40 days ....

best,
rabbit

Attachments

• IMG_2223.JPG
    IMG_2223.JPG
    206.3 KB · Views: 152
the gang

If those things fill in ..... the ladies at day 40 in the new spacier digs ....

Attachments

• IMG_2225.JPG
    IMG_2225.JPG
    288.6 KB · Views: 233
G`day BR

Just thinkin about your op .
Another tip I learned from Hempy the Hazes don`t necessarily need to be directly under the light and do quite well out wider on the light foot print . Which could free up space for some Indica or clones in the space directly under your hoods .
This could be beneficial in 2 ways increasing your yields from your space and supplying you with some smoko in the mean time .

102 + days is a long wait ....

Thanks for sharin
Elmer Bud .

Thanks again Elmer Bud ... the thought struck home this morning and I moved two small lemon haze clones into some space among the long Kaze legs! Smart use of space since those two midgets weren't going to do well where they were.
best,
rabbit

(If someone could tell me how to post photos in the message rather than attachments I'd be grateful; when I click on the 'insert photo' button, it asks for a URL?)

I use tinypic. They are the only ones I am sure that erase metadata (which is a handy dandy secret little gps location thing that get secretly hidden in pictures, specifically ones taken with a cell phone).

I go to tinypic.com, browse my file, resize it to message board, click upload, do the captcha. It then uploads and gives you a preformatted copy and paste-able image link. Copy that into your message and it includes a hotlink photo in your message.

I believe exif and metadata are interchangeable. Maybe exif is a subcategory of metadata.

I dowloaded a program to view data. Raw images from the phone have data while my tinypic uploads do not. I did not know the other services had the option... I am the type to forget about it on occasion so I will stick to a place that defaults it haha.

You can also download exif erasers but I found that to be tedious.

Anyway, here's a nicely developing Kaze bud at about 40 days ....

best,
rabbit

1. upload the pics to an album
  2. each pic in an album has 3 link options underneath it:
    • Linked Thumbnail: (creates a thumbnail like the last pic you attached with a link to the pic in your album)
    • Linked Medium: (embeds a medium sized pic (800x600) that is linked to the higher res pic in the album)
    • Medium Image: (embeds a medium sized pic with no link to album)
  3. Have your post open in one tab/window and your album open in another.
  4. Copy the URL from the style of linking you want to use from each pic and paste it into your post where you want it to go.

I use tinypic. They are the only ones I am sure that erase metadata (which is a handy dandy secret little gps location thing that get secretly hidden in pictures, specifically ones taken with a cell phone).

I go to tinypic.com, browse my file, resize it to message board, click upload, do the captcha. It then uploads and gives you a preformatted copy and paste-able image link. Copy that into your message and it includes a hotlink photo in your message.

aha, I'll give that a try, thanks much Cactus,
rabbit

Come on BR.
11 days since the last update, and now crankin' the Nordle grow.
Tell me these babies are still bloomin' . . .

I want to hear a smoke report on these monsters

Come on BR.
11 days since the last update, and now crankin' the Nordle grow.
Tell me these babies are still bloomin' . . .

I want to hear a smoke report on these monsters

haha! Thanks Cptn, no I haven't abandoned the Kaze.

I have isolated 3 phenos that have a chance of a future life in the rabbit garden and put two clones each into slow veg ... #3, 5, and 11. There are some signs of a few early finishers and there are some more interesting aromas starting to arise in there.

Much of the rest of it looks a lot like the NL5XHaze from Sensi seeds that I ran years ago when I started growing ... towering fluffy buds that take forever to finish.

3 is the tester I posted in your thread ... the test was disappointingly inconclusive.

#11 should be tested today.

If there's something great in there, I will find it and grow it!

best,
rabbit

Attachments

• IMG_2245 S .jpg
    IMG_2245 S .jpg
    177 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_2246 S .jpg
    IMG_2246 S .jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 25
Greetings friends.

I come with glad tidings and happy thoughts (in other words, I'm stoned on Kaze....)

I do have some good news though ... been testing the most promising phenos in order of sexy looks .. first two didn't impress too much, but just tried a wee sampler of #9 .... ahhhhh, that's it.

I wouldn't say there's much of anything Kushy about it, as far as what my memory banks register as kush. But there is a nice strong punch of haze/skunk mix and it seemed a very balanced, pleasant with a light touch of something fruityish to it. Very nice ..... about 5 tokes and I have noted a very nice, can't ignore it buzz. Feels like both some nice bottom end punch and definitely a high end slightly racy touch mixed in.

Very promising. Finishing right now, maybe another day or so, and we're at day 56 of 12/12, so very good. Yield is middling for sure and it is, like ALL of the Kaze I popped, very, stretchy. BUT, we have something to work on here ....

I promise that I'll post some photos as soon as I start to pull them in the next few days ...

uber cheers
rabbit

Hey BR,
how are the resin glands?
%Clear / %cloudy / %amber

That is the only way to properly make the decision to harvest based on the maturity of the actual resin, not red hairs, calyx size, leaf condition, etc.

I would hate to see you pick early after all this time.

Sorry if you already know this, in fact, I assume you do, but dont want to take any chances.

PS: I have read that late bloom is when Haze varieties respond VERY well to increased nutes/PK supplements.

Might want to try and load them up and see how they react.

Back