Back Door Man- a Neville's Haze/Doors cross

Aloha fellow Firewalkers!

This is a grow I am pretty excited about. I had originally planned on growing the Holy Grail at this time. However, with the delayed delivery of the Holy Grail seeds, I went ahead and launched this (NH x Doors male) cross to fill in. As I think about it, it was a good decision. I'm back to growing Sats and I will be able to compare this cross with the Holy Grail which will come after- like sometime in the next decade haha. Another 14+ week grow, I took time to re-arrange the room to better accomodate these girls. I plan to cut N earlier during their growth spurt to minimize the Jack-in-the-beanstalk effect.
Two days into 12/12 now, I judge that they are plenty big enough having had 7 weeks from seed. As it stands, the males (educated guess as they are the taller ones with sparse leaves) are now at 16". I plan on using them to help stabilize this cross. I don't expect it to be a clean sensimillia grow as I am more interested in securing seed at this point. As usual, I'll try to keep the pollination to the lower branches. Well, enough yakking, here goes...

View attachment 45965

šŸ¤™
Mu

So you are flowering in 1/2 gal? What size container were they in for 7 weeks from seed? I will be doing something similar with black widow. Curious about your process.

Breakfast of champions! Day old pizza in hand, itā€™s been 3 days since 12/12; time to check the boys and girls to see whatā€™s popping. I want to get the girls transplanted as soon as they show for a couple reasons; to minimize stress and most importantly to take care of my back lol. In the past, I have transplanted 30-40 plants in a day and transporting all those 5-7 gallon pot definitely takes its toll. The 7 females will go into 5 gallon pots today.

bdm 8_23.jpg

As you know, I have 6 sets of 5 plants coming from 2 Doors males and 3 Nevilleā€™s Haze females making 30 plants in all. As follows:

nh4.jpg d6.jpg
NH4xD6 parents
F1 females= 0

nh4.jpg d14.jpg
NH4xD14 parents
F1 females= 2- 12.5ā€, 15ā€

nh6.jpg d6.jpg
NH6xD6 parents
F1 females= 2- both 14ā€

nh6.jpg d14.jpg
NH6xD14 parents
F1 females= 1- 18ā€

nh7.jpg d6.jpg
NH7xD6 parents
F1 females= 2- 14ā€, 19"

nh7.jpg d14.jpg
NH7xD14 parents
F1 females= 0

Outside, I am still perplexed by the 50+ poppy seeds disbursed only to find this come up in the middle of it all. The question remains as to what variety? I had NL5/Af and MediHaze growing outside last year. Wouldn't that be a nice combination?

poppy 8_23.jpg
The mystery plant ???

P.S. Got 7 females in the bigger pots just before light outs. It's off to the races as @longball would say :D.

šŸ¤™
Mu

Well, I am pleased to announce 15 females out of 30 plants have come forward to stand in La (the Sun), for the duration. I am especially delighted that 6 of them have the NH#7 genetics which was the most extreme sativa with prolific single calyxes and second best in yield, and 5 of them have the NH#4 genetics which was lesser in yield but probably the most potent of the bunch. The remaining 4 were made up of NH#6 which exhibited big buds but was the lowest yielding plant.

Of interest was that most of the females (9/15 females) came from The Doors#14 male while most of the males that showed were from The Doors#6 (9/15 males).

I will keep the Doors#14 F1 males for pollination purposes to see if this observation has validity. All together, I find it all so fascinating working with plants and am looking forward to see what 14+ weeks will bring.

bdm 8_26.jpg

šŸ¤™
Mu

"I am especially delighted that 6 of them have the NH#7 genetics which was the most extreme sativa with prolific single calyxes" šŸ¤™Mu

Hello musashi!

I remember Nevil saying he liked to pick off the calyxes with tweezers and only smoke them! :love: Great idea!

Longball

Last edited:
Aloha braddahs!

I thought Iā€™d throw some more pics your way. Due to site picture limitations, I will not show parent pics, youā€™ll have to look at earlier posts for them :). Some slight differences- you have to look for. Primarily 2 phenotypes, short and tall are expressed. Leaf shapes are lanceolate and somewhat linear. NH4xD14 #1T reminds me of The Doors archetype. All morphologies subject to change of course.

NH4xD14 #4S 8_27.jpg NH4xD14 #1T 8_27.jpg
NH4xD14 #4S, #1T

NH7xD14 #2S 8_27.jpg NH7xD14 #3T 8_27.jpg
NH7xD14 #2S, #3T

NH7xD6 #2S 8_27.jpg NH7xD6 #1T 8_27.jpg
NH7xD6 #2S, #1T

NH6xD6 #3S 8_27.jpg NH6xD6 #2T 8_27.jpg
NH6xD6 #3S, #2T

NH6xD14 #1T 8_27.jpg NH4xD6 #1S 8_27.jpg
NH6xD14 #1T, NH4xD6 #1S

šŸ¤™
Mu

Musashi my friend, this project is just too cool.
Your plants look super excellent and I cant wait to see what you find.

May I share this journal with you?
2 confirmed Females, 1 Confirmed Male and 1 Undecided so far.
If you don't mind sharing I'll come back tomorrow with some pics.

Keep up the great work hoaloha

Man oh man MU this journal is going to be so epic, can't believe how good these babies are looking so soon šŸ˜

It will be awesome to see the bud variations from the original parents, from what I noticed the doors are very sturdy and were able to support those big main colas also they looked very dense and compact, where as the nev's gets a bit bendy with fluffier looking buds with foxtails for days.
I wanna see a sturdy compact bud structure with all the foxtails from the nev's... so exciting šŸ˜

Bong

Hereā€™s the boy whoā€™s been moved to the great outdoors...
full

full

Musashi my friend, this project is just too cool.
Your plants look super excellent and I cant wait to see what you find.

May I share this journal with you?
2 confirmed Females, 1 Confirmed Male and 1 Undecided so far.
If you don't mind sharing I'll come back tomorrow with some pics.

Keep up the great work hoaloha

Hey brah! Good to have you back again. As @Shrimp&Grits said in @longball's August 16th thread, "It takes a village to raise a crop". Let's see what will become of a cross made from two stellar plant lines coming from some of the best genetics MNS currently offers. I have no doubt that we will find some solid gems.

I know @BuzzardsBay posed the question in an earlier post re: the need for males, and received some good feedback. However, without males this adventure would not be possible and I for one would be bored to death just purchasing plants as mere commodities. A world without creativity; a sterile life is no life at all except for maybe cats :ROFLMAO:

šŸ¤™
Mu

Hey brah! Good to have you back again.
Thanks for that, as you know itā€™s been a busy time: for those who donā€™t; no, I havenā€™t been in Jail šŸ˜‡ Iā€™ve been starting a business and was helping my wife through pregnancy. Now weā€™ve got a toddler and the 3wk old so, might still be spotty a bit here and there.
Will be back tonight with pics of the other 3 of this breed.
Edit- it is now tonight. Low quality pics, was in a rush...
Poor quality of the 3 inside:
full

Two confirmed Females:
full

Tallest Female:
full

These plants have some super good vibes Mu.

Stay hazed
Jake

Last edited:

It has been 2 weeks since lights have been switched. Some of these gentle giants are waking up and beginning their stretch.

DBM group 9_1.jpg

Hereā€™s a few females that caught my eye this morning.

NH4xD14 9_1.jpg NH7xD14 9_1.jpg
The females: NH4xD14 26", NH7xD14 34"

I kept 5 males out of the 15 for different reasons. It is a shame that I donā€™t have the room to keep them all ā˜¹. Here are 3 of the 5 that called to me this morning.

NH6xD14 male 9_1.jpg NH7xD6 male 9_1.jpg NH4xD6 male 9_1.jpg
The males: NH6xD14, NH7xD6, and NH4xD6

šŸ¤™
Mu

Awesome grow my friend. This shut in has rendered me almost isolated, but my oh my these girls are worth watching. Don't worry I'm virus free.

Sitting on a park bench
Eyeing little girls with bad intent

Back