Babies are sooo cute ....

badrabbit

MNS Critical Haze (rear row) and Master Kush (bottom/front) ....

Attachments

• IMG_2921 C S  - Copy.jpg
    IMG_2921 C S - Copy.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 55
Wondering?

Hello again Badrabbit!

Is it home made Mapito you have made there or!?

Best Regards!
Kitepot.

Hello again Badrabbit!

Is it home made Mapito you have made there or!?

Best Regards!
Kitepot.

Hi again kitepot, thanks for stoppin' in. I use several sizes of Grodan Rockwool cubes for everything (as in germ/clone/veg/flower).

What you're seeing in the photo is a starter cube dropped into a slightly larger container, then filled in with small RW cubes around it. I will transfer them up to a larger size using the same process when I move them to the flowering room.

I'm not really sure what mapito is (I've spotted people talking about it, but it's new to me.)

Perhaps that's just another brand of rockwool? (I think I'll go search on it and find out.)

Nice Start

Hey badrabbit,
Good growing to you bro. I have some MK x Skunk heading my way and wish you the best with your endeavor.:cool:-bk

Here is some info on Mapito: Mapito consists of rockwool flakes and PU flakes. This creates an airy combination which hold moisture very well. Because Mapito is so airy it makes the right proportion of oxygen. Therefor, much higher results can be achieved by using Mapito, than with other substrates such as cocos or soil. Growing on Mapito requires some knowledge and experience and is not for everyone. This is because Mapito has a pH value of 8.0 of its own (the ideal value for plants is 5.8 to 6.2). It also has the property to always increase the pH value. Therefore it is important to properly water Mapito with a low pH value (5,2-5,5). Then you need to check and correct this value properly during the cycle. Tip: add only water with enzymes in the last 2 weeks, this causes the Mapito to be neutralized, and makes it ready for the next cycle.

So the only thing you need is to add PU flakes from car seats and not from bed mattresses. The ones in the bed mattresses does not hold the moisture that well!

I have seen whit my own eyes a guy from NL get ca150g per plant dried in 8weeks!!! But just so you know the guy im talking about is one of the best growers in NL! He has been growing 4 over 20 years now.

Good luck whit you'r gro bro!

Best Regards!
Kitepot

Last edited:
Back