Auction login

musashi

Site Moderator
Staff member
Went to check auctions this morning. There is now a login required just to view? It would be nice to have been informed of this change beforehand. BTW, on the login page, it is spelled “logging.” There used to be a thing called a dictionary and/or spell check. Why do I have to log in just to view each time? Not comfortable with this tracking strategy. Don’t track me bro! And yeah, I’m pissed about it.

Aloha
M

Could be some legal requirement??.. if not, then it's a backwards step, for some of us more security/conspiracy cautious...

Well whatever the reasoning is, it puts another obstacle in the way of purchase. It was/is much easier to see if there was anything of interest before I began the formal bidding process. This new process disincentivizes. Going forward, I most likely will no longer take the time to regularly (daily) look at the auctions which will result in less purchases made by me. My 2 cents.

Aloha
M

Slacking, Musashi? Did you miss "registeration" or was it just not relevant?
I tried to sign in and it said my password was incorrect, although I'm pretty sure it wasn't.
Then I pressed lost password and nothing happened!
Could be wrong, but I don't think there's been a great deal of interest lately.
I wonder if we're witnessing the slow death of this particular entity?

Hey BTB I must be. Pretty stressed lately checking out those 200 ft lava plumes. Anyway, thanks for the wake up slap. I feel better now.

Aloha
M

Slacking, Musashi? Did you miss "registeration" or was it just not relevant?
I tried to sign in and it said my password was incorrect, although I'm pretty sure it wasn't.
Then I pressed lost password and nothing happened!
Could be wrong, but I don't think there's been a great deal of interest lately.
I wonder if we're witnessing the slow death of this particular entity?

I sent Shanti a PM about the photo last week and he responded saying he'd have his IT person look into it. ExpressVB Kristian responded today by making attachment of photos possible (haven't tested this yet). Maybe he's cleaning house in Shanti's server. I suggest you contact him directly regarding the Auction site issue. I just tried to access the Auctions site and wasn't able to get in.

I tried to login unsuccessfully yesterday.
Then after a while the page was changed and this part was added:

For any issues with registeration, loging in or you have forgotten your password, please contact us by email: [email protected]

so I emailed them and said I couldn't log in., Still haven't heard back from anyone.

I also agree that logging in before you can see the auctions is stupid.

I think most people here started @ the auctions when we saw some incredibly low priced strain. Then had to fill the order up to $50. Then got hooked. Take that away and you will take away a lot of new business..

Plus the whole tracking thing is seriously shitty. :(

Just my...what i'll call my two cents, that'll be up for debate after this. Maybe!

If you had an account b4 all you did was use a bs name..then send in template of said bs name...with addressed name so you can recieve shipment....right? Ergo they now know who you are..for the most part..

if your ip address is logged until you logout same as b4 it wouldnt matter if you have to create an account...and login b4 looking. You had to log in to bid on items...

When you guys are talking about being tracked, what tracking are you talking/worried about?

I really dont get the whole tracking thing. Why would they track? Cookies get deleted when you logout...right? Clue me in...im a bit slow...lmao

Hey BTB I must be. Pretty stressed lately checking out those 200 ft lava plumes. Anyway, thanks for the wake up slap. I feel better now.

Aloha
M

I tried to login unsuccessfully yesterday.
Then after a while the page was changed and this part was added:

For any issues with registeration, loging in or you have forgotten your password, please contact us by email: [email protected]

so I emailed them and said I couldn't log in., Still haven't heard back from anyone.

I also agree that logging in before you can see the auctions is stupid.

I think most people here started @ the auctions when we saw some incredibly low priced strain. Then had to fill the order up to $50. Then got hooked. Take that away and you will take away a lot of new business..

Plus the whole tracking thing is seriously shitty. :(

Could be some legal requirement??.. if not, then it's a backwards step, for some of us more security/conspiracy cautious...

I sent Shanti a PM about the photo last week and he responded saying he'd have his IT person look into it. ExpressVB Kristian responded today by making attachment of photos possible (haven't tested this yet). Maybe he's cleaning house in Shanti's server. I suggest you contact him directly regarding the Auction site issue. I just tried to access the Auctions site and wasn't able to get in.

Thanks for updating the Auctions site, although, man, you really need to come up with a better way to get new account credentials. I can login to anyone's account that I know the name of as it is right now because you sent the same temporary password to everyone on the board in the email you sent =D

On a related note, I can't change the temporary password you sent me. When I try to update my password for my account on the Auction site it gives me an error saying that my Display Name is a required field, but there is no field to set my Display Name in the menu to change my password. I suspect that I might set that in the "Auction Settings" menu, but when I try to go there I get a "Oops, page not found" error.

Goodluck getting the bugs worked out!

Last edited:
Thanks for updating the Auctions site, although, man, you really need to come up with a better way to get new account credentials. I can login to anyone's account that I know the name of as it is right now because you sent the same temporary password to everyone on the board in the email you sent =D

On a related note, I can't change the temporary password you sent me. When I try to update my password for my account on the Auction site it gives me an error saying that my Display Name is a required field, but there is no field to set my Display Name in the menu to change my password. I suspect that I might set that in the "Auction Settings" menu, but when I try to go there I get a "Oops, page not found" error.

I managed to change my password no problems

Edit:
Whoops! After logging out and trying to log in again I now realise I didn't change my password after all. Sorry for my stupid mistake.
This is a pretty serious stuff up. Pls fix it ASAP.

Last edited:

I got the email yesterday.
Tried to check it out at the link provided and it doesn't work
https://www.mrnice.nl/auction

Not Found

The requested URL /auction/ was not found on this server.​

Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but the link at the top of the forum page appears to still take you to the old auction site:
https://www.mrnice.nl/auctions/

The old auction site works, with my old login/pw

Maybe they are resetting all the default pw's with unique hashes ?

Anyway, best wishes to MNS for a smooth rollout of the new platform.

It's working for me now

Today was the first time I've been able to log in now for several days. It worked just like before it quit working, and remembered my password too. Everything looks and feels the same to me.

Today was the first time I've been able to log in now for several days. It worked just like before it quit working, and remembered my password too. Everything looks and feels the same to me.

what URL?
the one in your email or the link here in the forum?

suggestions:
They might want to make some sort of announcement if the thing is broke/fixed and add an announcement in the auction site itself telling users they have logged into the new site.

https://www.mrnice.nl/auction is still 404 Not Found.

Last edited:
I guess I am at the old site not the new site?

The last several days when I used my bookmark it took me to the same dead end page all you guys are talking about with the confirm your age disclaimer, and what not. That new looking page never accepted my password. Today my bookmark started working and everything looked like before. I just assumed that meant things were back up and running. Are you saying there is a whole new auction site different from the old one and it's not working yet?

Are you saying there is a whole new auction site different from the old one and it's not working yet?

yes

Today my bookmark started working and everything looked like before.

oh old auction site, how I missed thee. :D

From what I saw of the new site, I prefer the old one. The new site is more picture oriented. That makes it hard because you can't just scroll through the list of auctions. Granted I didn't explore too much and maybe there is a way to do that.

Then again, maybe I just don't like change :eek:

Back