ash grow - all hermies

i've run roughly 45 ASH seed over the years since its release and never experienced one hermie, i found it to be a very easy and forgiving plant with pheno's all over the spectrum...Shanti told me it was an excellent choice for an all arounder that has yield, strentgth, flavors and medical properties

sbd thats awesome news I ordered a pack and have been a little worried but figured that the reward out ways the risk. Did you find anything outstanding?

For the whole pack to herm there had to be some major stress factors what was you doing turning the lights on and off with a switch:confused:

ASH hermies

Hi,
I read that threat and must say I have the same problem with that strain.

I won an Auction, Spring Clearing, it was 1gramm of ASH regular Seeds.

I have now done them twice in my room and 60% Males and the rest seemed to be girls but after 3rd week in Flowering at each internoid appeared male buds and destroyed the plants. so 40 % HERMIES and not even one pure Girl.

frustrating grow!:mad:

I have 30 seeds left.

If somebody wants to do a test grow with that seed ,please contact me..

But this is absolutely the only bad surprise I can report from seeds bought by MNS.

I had also The Cure (1gramm Spring clearing 75 seeds, Top old school weed NO Hermies at all!!

I have now ordered again, please make me happy again??:D

then D

well this seems to be an old thread that was resurrected and did not read it, but still thought I'd comment on the whole hermie thing. I don't know if it is a myth or a fact that breeding practices can lead to widespread hermie problems. Maybe if you breed with herms, but other than clone only's or selfing, I don't think any reputable breeder (and from everything I read MNS is one of the best) would do that!

I recently had a room full of hermies more than once. I was growing several (6, 8, 10+ don't know anymore!) strains so know it was not the fault of any one strain or breeder. Light leaks would have been limited to certain small areas so that would only cause some of the plants to hermie. But all mine were hermie! Some just a couple, some had flowers everywhere, most somewhere in between, but they all had male flowers! Still trying to figure out why, but the point is the problem is much more often user error than a problem with the seeds.

You must of stressed them somehow I've heard a lot of good about ASH I got a cleaning pack haven't tried them myself yet but I could believe 1 herming on its own but all I would only have heard horror story's if they where 100% hermies and no pollen chucker in the world would release something like that except Thai farmers. Lol

But their are a ton of things that can cause stress feeding too much/little, Super thrive, heat, light leaks, cold, over watering, under watering, root bound, some additives, ETC. Who knows I just doubt shanti would have packs of hermies for a few years on the market.

I grew ash in my backyard one year and it was hermi free if I can remember right. The angel heart hermed like no toomorow though but there was a good couple weeks that my neighbors left there porch light on and I pretty sure that was the source of the hermies, I actually thought of ways to break the light without drawing attention to myself but I felt it was to risky.

I grew ash in my backyard one year and it was hermi free if I can remember right. The angel heart hermed like no toomorow though but there was a good couple weeks that my neighbors left there porch light on and I pretty sure that was the source of the hermies, I actually thought of ways to break the light without drawing attention to myself but I felt it was to risky.

I would have stood at the opposite side of the house with a BB gun at 2AM wearing all black. Lol, If it was legal I'd love too grow in my yard not illegal though I may be able too grow legally in a few years:(

Hi All

a little surprising to hear about some experiences with ASH plant as i have never experienced anything like what you talk about.
In fact this year with a few of MNS ardent guerilla growers from Down under they pulled close to 2kg per plant from outdoors and told me they never saw anything like it...they never saw male flowers develop anywhere even low down and could see the correlation of Nordle and ASH extremely well.
So while i do not doubt things occur indoors to certain strains the real test to see if things are the room or external stresses verse true grow is to put a cut outdoors in normal circumstances.
Anyhow sorry for those who had a difficult time, but in case you try again try to reduce lower branches and feed with a high EC.
all the best Sb

Hi All

a little surprising to hear about some experiences with ASH plant as i have never experienced anything like what you talk about.
In fact this year with a few of MNS ardent guerilla growers from Down under they pulled close to 2kg per plant from outdoors and told me they never saw anything like it...they never saw male flowers develop anywhere even low down and could see the correlation of Nordle and ASH extremely well.
So while i do not doubt things occur indoors to certain strains the real test to see if things are the room or external stresses verse true grow is to put a cut outdoors in normal circumstances.
Anyhow sorry for those who had a difficult time, but in case you try again try to reduce lower branches and feed with a high EC.
all the best Sb

Damn 2 kg that sounds nice I'm glad I planned on doing some outdoors probably won't touch that though my climate is not too nice I may need too cut some early but only one way too find out.

Another thing that may cause trouble is spectrum I've most always had a mixed spectrum Just 1 MH with an adjust-a-wing reflector the plants directly under the MH don't yield as good as under the HPS but all the ones in the middle usually do about the best even though they should be getting less light I also got 2 brands of HPS as they have different spectrums and are both popular but their in good air cooled hoods so that ain't mixing too much just mostly the reflected light can't say I notice anything different between the HPS's.

But so many people use CFL's, fluorescent and LED's sure they do good most of the time and the high end LED's may be great but none of them really have great penitration nothing like an hid. I seen video's where the companies will beat a 1,000 hps with like a 750 LED but it sure as hell didn't look like it they also didn't do great filling the canopy the LED grew them bushier unless they trained the plants under the LED I say they are just trying too hustle us into paying 2 grand for the light I'd probably claim such things if I was a manufacturer too.
The CFL's and Flourescents obviously don't give great lighting.

Who knows what caused it without any details but it would show if they did great outdoors probably wouldn't go crazy on additives though cause some can cause intersex minds well throw the rest of the seeds outdoors since your worried unless you live in the city of course.

in case you try again try to reduce lower branches and feed with a high EC.
all the best Sb

Can you expand on this Shanti? Why high EC? is it a heavy feeder im assuming? How would a high EC reduce likelihood of hermi issue? Anyone else care to expand on this if Shanti is busy?

Too low nutrient level can be just as are stressful as too high. I pits additional strain on the plant forcing it to feed on itself this releases hormones that could potentially cause herms. Too high nutrients get locked out and basically the same thing occurs or plant material is destroyed form high ec level burning away at plant material due to toxicity, and hormones are.released. survival tactic.

Back