Are seedling twins a sign of polyembryonic cannabis?

Freakshow is a cross with ABC (Australian bastard Cannabis )right ? @sensient which strain did they cross it to?
Hi mate, no...no ABC genetics involved with the Freakshow.
The Subterfuge#1 is an ABC hybrid, but same as with ABC it's really just a novelty, lacks any kind of decent potency and yeild, now they have an Auto version..lol.
The Freakshow is a different story, average- high potency, decent yeilds.
It's a very interesting variety✌️

Hi mate, no...no ABC genetics involved with the Freakshow.
The Subterfuge#1 is an ABC hybrid, but same as with ABC it's really just a novelty, lacks any kind of decent potency and yeild, now they have an Auto version..lol.
The Freakshow is a different story, average- high potency, decent yeilds.
It's a very interesting variety✌
Ok cool good to know. Strange though plants are classified and named by leaf morphology . These look like tomato leaves 🤣😂 so is this solonacaea sativa 😂🤣😂 just kidding . Really love the look and the buds on freakshow look awesome.

Hello guys, while making my gg4 Recombinant inbred line I noticed one Gorilla Bubble mom I used was a stand out because she grew faster, larger and had way bigger buds than my usual gorilla bubble. Anyhow when I was sorting seeds I noticed I had a large unusual amount of dyzygotic twin seeds. While popping them I have run into a strange phenomenon where one of the twins also develops it's own twin. So two seed twins and one has two embryos in it.

Seen twins in separate shells, two separate in one shell, 2 conjoined in one shell but never all in one ha.

I've been looking for a set of sterile twins which might indicate a spintaneous haploid plant to thenIMG_20201001_154148_748.jpg20201001_153954.jpgIMG_20200930_213852_194.jpg turn into a double haploid so there is my interest.

Any ideas from the old heads of what's going on?

I've also heard separate sex identicals are very rare but can happen and the female may be runted. Identical pair like this would also be interesting.

Poly = more than one or multiple
Embryonic = embryo
So yea, more than one sprout from a single seed could only be defined as polyembryonic, but it has to be more than one true sprouts, not stunted or malformed.

I've grown a bajillion (scientific term there) unusual or mutant plants over the years and every single one has been male, every time. But...only when the deformity occurred in seedling stage.
I've had exactly 1 that started normally and went all thru life as normal, but about 2 weeks into budding it started to shape it's self into a horizontal circle and ended up making a 10-12 inch circular cola with the densest nodes I've ever seen.
It was a Sweettooth #3 if I remember correctly and if I dig real deep I know I have pics....but just where is the thing that eludes me :)

My best guess is the double seeds are dizygotic twins, the two embryos in one shell monozygotic twins, but then my case of both in one set it really weird. Even more so because today another set did the same thing. This mom put out a weird number of them, I've only seen them on occasion before.

Interestingly twins are used in breeding to find haploid plants. If you had one you could turn it into a true breeding double haploid. Haploids can present simultaneously in twins. That's my interest.

Anyone have a flow cytometer? Lol

Then that leaves the true double embryo.
Mutated and stunted. Possible haploid but no testing to confirm. Mutant and midget shared the shell. The normal would be the seed you say fused to the double embryo seed. IMG_20201019_001539_004.jpgIMG_20201019_001539_011.jpgIMG_20201019_001539_036.jpg

Thank you for sharing your experience, I'm new to this, so your photos and tips are useful to me. By the way, I know that there are states where it is illegal to grow marijuana, so we are lucky that we have the opportunity to do it legally. By the way, I was watching a funny video where a student was growing marijuana in his attic and cops noticed it because a part of the roof was covered in snow, and on the other side, the snow melted because the marijuana plants emitted gases, lol. I think he was growing a lot of marijuana for sale, so the cops had a lot of questions for him. I wonder how you use the marijuana plants you grow? I want to use them for home decor but you can give me a few more ideas. If we talk about products that contain cannabis, I like weed gummies, they make me calm and I can forget about all my problems.

Last edited:
How many years have I been growing plants, but I have never come across such a strange term. Today I found out about it only thanks to you. I Googled what it it and it was very difficult to realize this term. Anyway, as a gardener, I am grateful to you for telling me about it

Thank you for sharing your experience, I'm new to this, so your photos and tips are useful to me. By the way, I know that there are states where it is illegal to grow marijuana, so we are lucky that we have the opportunity to do it legally. By the way, I was watching a funny video where a student was growing marijuana in his attic and cops noticed it because a part of the roof was covered in snow, and on the other side, the snow melted because the marijuana plants emitted gases, lol. I think he was growing a lot of marijuana for sale, so the cops had a lot of questions for him. I wonder how you use the marijuana plants you grow? I want to use them for home decor but you can give me a few more ideas. If we talk about products that contain cannabis, I like weed gummies, they make me calm and I can forget about all my problems.
How you use is after the flowering period . If you like gummies you will like the flower as well. You can always make your own edibles . If you have any questions on growing I can help advise as well as everyone else here . 😊 cannabis is a beautiful plant.20220717_142828_compress45.jpg

How many years have I been growing plants, but I have never come across such a strange term. Today I found out about it only thanks to you. I Googled what it it and it was very difficult to realize this term. Anyway, as a gardener, I am grateful to you for telling me about it
Now I can use this knowledge in growing vegetables and fruits under the influence of my LED grow lights. It will help me a lot and I hope my harvest will soon ripen and I will be able to treat my friends and relatives with it. I wonder if you treat your friends with what you grow or do you sell it? Personally, I don't sell anything because I grow it all for myself and my family.

Single tap root, twin stems. One stem is green, the other showing color traits.

Attachments

• IMG_20220804_201301879.jpg
    IMG_20220804_201301879.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20220804_201309456.jpg
    IMG_20220804_201309456.jpg
    940.5 KB · Views: 5
Back