Angel Hearts @DrG's

drgthumb

Good morning folks, a good day for sure :D

The lovley postman brought me the best prersent I've had in a long time.

My Angel Heart test beans arrived this morning :) :)

Wasting no time I have popped 11 randomly selected beans straight into some Westlands multipurpose, well watered and wrapped up in cling film.

I'll describe how I'm going to grow these babies as soon as I see some life.

A boring picture of some compost (with seeds in, lol ) :p

Attachments

• P1013442.JPG
    P1013442.JPG
    802.2 KB · Views: 36
nice one drgthumb! hope everything goes fine!
cheers ang thumbs up for you mate!

ps:never done this germ method, though it seems ok. has it worked for you with no probs? i still do the wet cotton method, same like in school with beans, lol! works for me

no hanging around on this one eh mate?... did the envelope even hit the ground before the pots n soil were underneath ready to catch em? :D

I'm going to be trying this "straight to medium" method of germing this time around. I usually use riot cubes or sponge pots, but I'm not happy with the idea of damaging roots during transplant and when I tried this on 2 seeds in the past, it worked a charm :)

best of luck with your grow, Thumby :D

PatrickStar said:
Doctor, Doctor...
Can't ya see I'm burning burning?
Doctor Doctor... :D

I hear the best cure is a quick visit to the clinic mate ;)

Jamie said:
no hanging around on this one eh mate?... did the envelope even hit the ground before the pots n soil were underneath ready to catch em?

I did get a bit of a strange look from the postie when I opened the door with pots of compst and a spray gun :eek:

-------------------------------------------------

Straight to medium, I like that description, sounds much more professional than chuck 'em in compost!

I too have had many mistakes touching tap roots and mullering plants before they even have a chance. So the hands off approach I think will be better for me.

The first brave seedling has emerged from the depths and now is basking under 250w cfl as we speak :p

A pic as she showed herself. A bit out of focus but not much to see and it is Sunday morning after all.

Attachments

• P1013472.JPG
    P1013472.JPG
    812.6 KB · Views: 10
well i germinate the same way mate, directly into the soil but i give the seeds a good 18hr pre-soak but then its in the soil and under the lights...germ rates are much better for me also this way as it prevents tap root damage, rot, etc...good method thats always worker for me...i'm testing this strain also and i'm just as excited as you

thats pretty quick turnaround on the first responder.

guess thats what happens when beans are hot off the press lol

The final results are in, 9 out of 11, two are still a no show so I don't expect them to show now. The majority, 8/9 were up in 48hrs from planting the last one took 3 days and needed a little help shedding her shell.

AngelsHeart1.JPG AngelsHeart2.JPG

So far nothing out the ordinary to report, the seeds were very small but this has not been a problem as the plants are quite vigorous and are growing nicely ;)

One observation/oddity is this one, she had three leafs as her first 'real' set, I'm sure I remember reading about this before and that it has a name starting with tri..:p something. I don't expect it to be a problem, will be interesting to watch nonetheless.

AngelsHearttriple.JPG

Happy Growing folks :cool:

One observation/oddity is this one, she had three leafs as her first 'real' set, I'm sure I remember reading about this before and that it has a name starting with tri..:p something. I don't expect it to be a problem, will be interesting to watch nonetheless./QUOTE]

It's called a trifoliate leaf (literally '3 leaves') but not sure about the spelling.

elmo has one seedling with a trifoliate leaf over on the NHS test grows.

edit: not sure what happened to the quote.

Hello fellow cannaisseur's,

So far so good, 17 days from seed at the 4 or 5 node @approx 12cm and in their second pots, no feed yet, watered by hand in westlands multipurpose compost.

picture.php

The plan is....

I will grow these 9 under a 250w envirolight until they reach around 6 or 7 nodes and will no longer fit in my Mum/clone room which is only 30 cm tall.

At that point they should be on or ready for their third pot and will then go under a 250w hps in my flower space for sexing. Any males will be ritually cremated.

The remaining females will then have two cuttings taken from each, one to flower in hydro and one to go back into mud to be made into potential bonsai mums.

I will continue to grow out the females under the 250w hps in compost whilst flowering the clones of each in an nft set up also with a 250w hps.

In theory I should have some soil plants to test smoke as the hydro clones are coming into the final phase.

Soil plants will be fed with Maxicrop Plus Comp Garden Feed when and if needed. The Hydro will be on Vitalink throughout.

Hopefully I will then be able to decide on a pheno to keep as a mum to add to my mini mum collection. :cool:

picture.php
picture.php

Sorry missed last weeks update, so this is it.

4 weeks old just before going into the flower room.

Looking at that point like three girls and two boys with the other four no clues yet. No feed at all yet.

The three possible girls

picture.php

The two probable boys

picture.php

And the undecided

picture.php

Last edited:
Those look happy and healthy. Nice work so far man, can't wait to see them finished.

Hi All

getting to the interesting stages and sexing is always one of those statistics that interest me. Will be watching and nice thread to date...keep up the good work all the best Sb

Thanks for popping in Shanti, good to know you are keeping tabs on us all :)

No excuse for the lack of updates other than a really nice c99 pheno that I just cropped :p

The Angel Heart have been ticking over nicely.

Unfortunately the 'sexing' didn't turn out too well. Out of the three confirmed girls one turned hermie at about 10 days on 12/12. I noticed as I was taking cuttings for Mums/Hydro. So that left two confirmed females.

All the others were fine examples but boys. So to recap 11 germinated, 9 grew, 6 boys, 1 hermie and two beautiful girls.

I have some pictures of the two remaining girls now at just over two weeks on 12/12 and looking good, I tried supercropping to keep the height down but the plants were so vigorous that even after a 90 degree bend/snap in the main stem they were almost upright again the next day. They have stopped stretching now and will be tied out a bit to make maximum use of the light.

Pictures to follow.

Back