Afgan haze grow report

How it going alegoblin welcome pull up a chair...

Thank for your feed back beancracker,i personally found the mango haze more challanging then the afghan haze.The mango grew quite spradic for me but thats the way it is when different growers apply different methods,dont suppose any one no's if they share the same haze in there linage?

I had a little look around and it appears that afghan haze and mango haze share the same male (haze c) which is also the case for ssh correct me anyone if this aint the case.

The afghan haze #6 is dry enough to smoke now so this is my take on it.

Appearance of this bud is 10 out 10 lime green buds with cool blue hues and dark orange pistals.The calyx's are very hazy looking elongated and they are covered in resin.
afgan_haze_week_9_3days_022_1600x1200_.JPG

Aroma of this bud is quite musky and sandalwood like with a backround of berry, but when the bud is ground up the berrys are much more noticable as to is the musky sandalwood fresh aroma that fills the air around you.I think it deserves a 7 out of 10.

The smoke is wonderfully thick, smooth and organic leaving the mouth with a pleasant after taste musky and a little bit of sageThis pheno is a chunky haze leaning to the afgan side of things.For the smoke i give it 8 out of 10.

The high is a great up starting in the head then slowly working its way over the body then catapolting you to the moon.Its a rush that lasts for about 1hour so for that ill mark it down,i give it 8 of 10 for the high.

I'm really blown away by the quality of the first pheno a 58 day finisher with real class.This is a good sign of things to come with the overs.The quality of shantis stuff always blows me away.....

afgan_haze_week_9_3days_020_1600x1200_.JPG

Thx for report Pulko.
Buds looks wonderful and very frosty, I bet it will be good hash of trimmings.
Also 58 days is nice timing, it can be growth even at north.

cheers

I had a little look around and it appears that afghan haze and mango haze share the same male (haze c) which is also the case for ssh correct me anyone if this aint the case.

The afghan haze #6 is dry enough to smoke now so this is my take on it.

Appearance of this bud is 10 out 10 lime green buds with cool blue hues and dark orange pistals.The calyx's are very hazy looking elongated and they are covered in resin.
afgan_haze_week_9_3days_022_1600x1200_.JPG

Aroma of this bud is quite musky and sandalwood like with a backround of berry, but when the bud is ground up the berrys are much more noticable as to is the musky sandalwood fresh aroma that fills the air around you.I think it deserves a 7 out of 10.

The smoke is wonderfully thick, smooth and organic leaving the mouth with a pleasant after taste musky and a little bit of sageThis pheno is a chunky haze leaning to the afgan side of things.For the smoke i give it 8 out of 10.

The high is a great up starting in the head then slowly working its way over the body then catapolting you to the moon.Its a rush that lasts for about 1hour so for that ill mark it down,i give it 8 of 10 for the high.

I'm really blown away by the quality of the first pheno a 58 day finisher with real class.This is a good sign of things to come with the overs.The quality of shantis stuff always blows me away.....

afgan_haze_week_9_3days_020_1600x1200_.JPG

beautiful pics

im quite curious as too the purple in this pheno ,in your experience was it cold induced or natural

great to hear of such high esteem with such a smoke report right after shes dried ,id lov to hear the cured smoke report please keep us posted

while i havnt gave the afghan haze much a look i dont kno why as i love hashplant and haze ,shanti recently brought to my attention in reguards to my frankincense trait in haze thread that afghan haze is one line to search ,after recent reasearch ive seen many report an incense/sandalwood taste/aroma

thankyou for the report its most appreciated

the afghan haze is definetly on my list of most wanted mns stock

1luvbigherb

pluko;
I had a little look around and it appears that afghan haze and mango haze share the same male (haze c) which is also the case for ssh correct me anyone if this ain't the case.

hi pluko, let me correct you on this.
Afghan x Haze {AfghanT female X HazeC male}
Mango Haze {NL5HazeC X SkunkHazeA}
Super Silver Haze {NL5HazeC X SkunkHazeC}
just check back in Shantibaba's threads and you will find his pedigree information on several of his strains.
each one is excellent on their own.
BTW Nice Flowers :D

peace
scorpion

beautiful pics

im quite curious as too the purple in this pheno ,in your experience was it cold induced or natural

great to hear of such high esteem with such a smoke report right after shes dried ,id lov to hear the cured smoke report please keep us posted

while i havnt gave the afghan haze much a look i dont kno why as i love hashplant and haze ,shanti recently brought to my attention in reguards to my frankincense trait in haze thread that afghan haze is one line to search ,after recent reasearch ive seen many report an incense/sandalwood taste/aroma

1luvbigherb

Hi there bigherb hope your well,the purple in this pheno seems to be natural and low temps are not happening were im at.This was the only pheno that went purple out of 8 and the only plant in quite a big room with many other strains but ill have to re-run it to know for sure one thing i would say is that the purpling began quite early about week4-5.
This pheno didnt leave the room smelling like church maybe taking a little more from the afgan it was quick too, if i do come across any that do i'll be a happy man 7phenos to go.
I really do believe this is one of the most underrated strains around, the quality outstanding.....

Scorpion thank you very much it seems i was looking in the wrong places,i was really curious because i reconized something in mango,ssh and afghan haze.I think im begining to understand the haze c and what it adds (and just how special it is).Thanks again

Hi there bigherb hope your well,the purple in this pheno seems to be natural and low temps are not happening were im at.This was the only pheno that went purple out of 8 and the only plant in quite a big room with many other strains but ill have to re-run it to know for sure one thing i would say is that the purpling began quite early about week4-5.
This pheno didnt leave the room smelling like church maybe taking a little more from the afgan it was quick too, if i do come across any that do i'll be a happy man 7phenos to go.
I really do believe this is one of the most underrated strains around, the quality outstanding.....

Scorpion thank you very much it seems i was looking in the wrong places,i was really curious because i reconized something in mango,ssh and afghan haze.I think im begining to understand the haze c and what it adds (and just how special it is).Thanks again

most appreciated

the sun is shining everything is cool,i hope your well my brotha

the purpling is intriguing begun at 4-5 weeks nice ,especially considering 1 of 8 ,i believe a first ive seen from the afghan haze

thanks too this reportand many others i will make sure i get a taste in the future

id lov to hear a cured smoke report wen possible

best wishes

1luvbigherb

beautiful pics

1luvbigherb

I had some purple in the phenos i grew...plus one reminded me of church (frankensence) The grow was not optimum but i am moving soon, have a 1000w digi ballast and i have another pack to throw down and did make some seeds....:D

Muy Bonita

Hey Pluko...the girls are looking as smokeable as ever :) I have thoroughly enjoyed your thread man.
You top dressed twice only right? I know you used 50 gm of guano per 7.5 ltr.Which guano did you use?
Are you going to include your breeding projects in this thread? I want to find a stout male to pollinate my MSS and Giesel....and a hazey pheno and a this and a that..lol.
Thanks for all the great info and pics.I'm sold on the Afghan Haze.Peace

I had some purple in the phenos i grew...plus one reminded me of church (frankensence) The grow was not optimum but i am moving soon, have a 1000w digi ballast and i have another pack to throw down and did make some seeds....:D

thanks for the report

seems this is one of the may i say hidden gems that isnt as popular as som other mns strains ,i definetly hav plans to grow her out one day

1luvbigherb

Hey budluver sorry for the super late reply this is the guano i used and i only top dressed once.The afgan haze yielded very well for me and really didnt need much feed to do so,#5 really was a head turner and pinnapple sweetness was what it was offering the high was clear to the point that you only realized that your high by the amount of gibberish coming out of your mouth.......a proper strain smoke report is coming dont worry people..

Now heres were im at,instead of keeping a cutting i added all 10 males to #5 to produce about 200 usable f2seeds the only thing i no about them is that they have a great mum.

I really want to go through these to see how many of the pinnapple sweet sativa phenos come out and find a keeper to be really proud of and do some personal crosses with if anyone thinks im wasting my time speak up.:D:D:D

Attachments

• afghan haze 058 [1600x1200].JPG
    afghan haze 058 [1600x1200].JPG
    227.7 KB · Views: 32
Heres #5,#8 and #4 just before the chop.....i got the finishing times very wrong with this strain these only came down half way through week 13:eek:

Attachments

• afghan haze 050 [1600x1200].JPG
    afghan haze 050 [1600x1200].JPG
    340.7 KB · Views: 276
  • afghan haze 008 [1600x1200].JPG
    afghan haze 008 [1600x1200].JPG
    373.3 KB · Views: 167
  • afghan haze 026 [1600x1200].JPG
    afghan haze 026 [1600x1200].JPG
    356.8 KB · Views: 141
update

Hi all i germinated 54 f2 afgan haze(pinnapple pheno) alls looking well so far i will not flower these untill ive got doubles of all females as i really want to find my personal best female haze,i really do believe using such a sativa dom female in the f2 cross will allow me to find a many more sativas,but the males were random so this will be a factor for sure.Ive grown ssh and mango haze but i never got anything as sativa as the afgan haze female that went into this cross so this is a really good start for me,,only time can tell:rolleyes:

Very Nice indeed Pluko,
An excellent report with beautiful pic's.
I can see that you will be enjoying the fruits of your labours; got some nice weed there man.
Enjoy! BP.

Nice grow journal

Nice grow journal with beautiful pictures.

Very thoughtful information you share with us.

Thanks!

Peace!

Well done Pluko. The Afghan Haze looks like killa, maybe I should give her a try...one day.

Thanx for sharing.

Peace L.

Back