a shout out to our Aussie friends : DUCKSFOOT! :)

I see your point about larger leaf surface being detrimental. Has anyone had problems with flea beetles?
I hear that hydrogen peroxide and even flour dusting can have application here when one is reluctant to spray insecticides or use DE that late in the game.

🤙Mu

Thanks for the tips, Mu. Gonna check out flour dusting and DE and see if I want to add it to my pest control tools. Until when would you use DE?

I used hydrogen peroxide (in a spray bottle) as well but still..

So another few weeks later... I had to chop them down last week, +/- 3 weeks before they'd be ready. Aphids attacked them, I tried to get rid of them (with my hands, daily showers, isopropyl alcohol etc.) but didn't get it under control. That's one of the disadvantages of flowering 100% outside.

All in all, this was a great experiment. I wanted to be sure that it is possible to start flowering outside by mid-February (when light/dark is +/- 12/12 over here) and then harvest towards the end of April. They didn't make it to the finish but I learnt a lot again. This was the second run I did with these Ducksfoots and maybe I'll give them a 3rd try later in the year. I remember discussing with @MImedpatient to do the "Miami Mango method" on this strain. I will definitely try it next time. This strain gets very 'bushy' which makes a perfect breeding ground for those bad mofos. Less leaves = less hiding spots for pests and it's easier to check and find spots that are infested.

I'm still happy with the few oz. of decent bud and a stash of trim + mediocre bud which will get bubbled beginning of next week after a 2-week cure. I will post some pix then.
there are species of what we in america refer to as hoverflies, that are parasitoid wasps. they are pollinators, but lay eggs on, in, or near aphids(and other things, depends on species). and the larvae kill the aphid, and turn into an adult wasp. you likely can purchase some that are aphid specific. Ducksfoot is such an interesting variety. I like lookin at hybri tech CSI humbolds ASB version of it. Australian bastard cannabis.

20210623_161957.jpg

And the saga continues...
I took 2 clones few months ago. They were standing in my room without having received a lot of attention. I just gave them their second neem shower and will start cleaning up the top one early next week, she somehow managed to top herself so there are already 2 main branches with quite some side branches.

This is the 3rd run with this ducksfoot and I will consider her my 'nemesis strain' in the garden. If I can tame this one and bring her to obey me, I'm convinced I can do the same to most other women as well lol

G1d willing, I will give an update later in July. By then she should have had a decent haircut and some beauty treatments in a much (!) bigger pot. They're now in 2l pots and they're begging to get out.

Nspecta from CSI Humboldt, and his friend Hybri-tech, have a few lines of ABC and ABC hybrids available. my understanding is ABC is a really mutant lookin ducksfoot auto flower line.

Back