2021 outdoor

300dutchman

truly a sad outdoor season so far, the amount of males that have shown are of very high numbers, 2 females out of 40 seeds so far. on the left are the two females.

Attachments

• outdoor 2021 (Copy).jpg
    outdoor 2021 (Copy).jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 16
sad news for you seeds

here the weather are horrible rain and cold
i have started 21 banner kush seeds and hope to get better results, weather here ha been cooler than average but drier than normal so far, we had frost here two nights ago lol

I think I read somewhere that if the temps are too low during sexing phase you end up with more males.
BTW this has got me wondering, if they can make fem seeds can they make male seeds too?

i have started 21 banner kush seeds and hope to get better results, weather here ha been cooler than average but drier than normal so far, we had frost here two nights ago lol

How did you germ/ veg?

As acrid mentioned low temps can affect the male/female genes (cannabis being multi sex) Blue light is known to push more female expression than males. Use a 6500k until you see sex then outside is best option.
Or GH with a small 6500k boost light on 18hr.

Multiple tests have been done on this most notable is Dutch passions.

i think they are don't like because you start it indoor

i supose you are in nederland you have more 16 hours of days light in june you not need start indoor

it's more easy to finish a little plant not to old in grow

I think I read somewhere that if the temps are too low during sexing phase you end up with more males.
BTW this has got me wondering, if they can make fem seeds can they make male seeds too?
https://www.1stmarijuanagrowerspage.com/how-to-improve-female-male-ratio-of-cannabis-plant.html this link i found the other day has some great info in on why males are more prevelant, it certainly rings true to me and this years experience. pass it on the masters on this forum and see what they think.

How did you germ/ veg?
then
As acrid mentioned low temps can affect the male/female genes (cannabis being multi sex) Blue light is known to push more female expression than males. Use a 6500k until you see sex then outside is best option.
Or GH with a small 6500k boost light on 18hr.

Multiple tests have been done on this most notable is Dutch passions.
i germinated them in warm moist paper towel then about 4 days after they germ and have a nice long tail i transplant them into my soil mix for about a month, i had them inside under 18&6 wiht a led then outside first week of april with tomato cages and poly over top for a mini greenhouse.

i am at the 50th parallel on the west coast of canada, i am of dutch lineage though and weigh close to 300lbs hence the 300dutchman.

ok but it's exactly the same you are hight at 50°
it's better to start later at this parallele

i think it's the good moment to restart some seeds

https://www.1stmarijuanagrowerspage.com/how-to-improve-female-male-ratio-of-cannabis-plant.html this link i found the other day has some great info in on why males are more prevelant, it certainly rings true to me and this years experience. pass it on the masters on this forum and see what they think.

the plants are stressed by the bad wearthers and not light enought or too cold maybe

Very interesting info although difficult to believe without scientific evidence. A X chromosome cannot simply be turned into a Y chromosome due to external impacts.. . So what are the exact mechanisms behind 🤔 It would be a nice topic for a phd thesis.

Learned I have. I was holy convinced gender was decided within the seed. But this honestly might not be the case for cannabis plants.

Quote: Therefore, the genetic make-up of the seed cannot be the sole factor involved in determining the sex of marijuana plants.
So as the understanding of cannabis cultivation has it, both nature (genetics) and nurture (growing conditions) influence the sex of the cannabis plant. But how exactly does this work?

Botanists and researchers of this 2004 study identify fragments of gene sequencing that determine the sex for both male and female plants. They also identified certain gene fragments which may play a role in the development of hermaphrodite plants. In any case, the results of this study show that the genetics of a plant play a role in determining the sex. The commitment to a specific sex takes place as soon as the leaves of the fourth node emerge.
/unquote https://sensiseeds.com/en/blog/cannabis-sex-what-determines-it/

What???

Very interesting info although difficult to believe without scientific evidence. A X chromosome cannot simply be turned into a Y chromosome due to external impacts.. . So what are the exact mechanisms behind 🤔 It would be a nice topic for a phd thesis.

vegetal are totaty different of animal the plant can change her sex because of stress for survive not like an animal who can moving of place ect

the genetique of vegetal and animal are not comparable

vegetal are totaty different of animal the plant can change her sex because of stress for survive not like an animal who can moving of place ect

the genetique of vegetal and animal are not comparable
Yes and no...... they have a species of fish that changes their sex when the male in the school dies.
And genetics between plants and animals have more similarities than one may believe.

But then again, when we self a plant to get feminized seeds, sex is defined in the seeds.
I might better not break my noodle on this one lol. It might end up with “gender fluid”, for the love of God let’s keep it simple bahaha

But then again, when we self a plant to get feminized seeds, sex is defined in the seeds.
I might better not break my noodle on this one lol. It might end up with “gender fluid”, for the love of God let’s keep it simple bahaha

you can grow a femnsized seeds and have a male i got one 2 years ago a freebeez of sensi NL and finaly it was a boy :)

ok but it's exactly the same you are hight at 50°
it's better to start later at this parallele

i think it's the good moment to restart some seeds

the plants are stressed by the bad wearthers and not light enought or too cold maybe
i agree q, it has been a cold spring, i figured the light itself maybe the kelvin was wrong, i know guys here though that get 3 outdoor harvest a year, they put them out in april and force 12-12 then harvest in june and just keep repeating that process until october or late september but you have to be on it every day you cant leave the garden, i have a friend who vegs and flowers under a mh inside and he refuses to use hps for flower, his stuff turns out really good, these plants are amazing lol so much to learn and so little time.

i agree how does environment manipulate the chromosome, very interesting stuff, if i wasn't so old i would go to u.b.c and in van and head down a path of plant studies, fascinating stuff. i recently watched a show on bedsford law, would this law apply to the plant world.

Back