10 MKS 3 Stones

Barnflowers

Like the title says, I currently have 10 MKS seedlings just up and 3 stones seedlings.

I started 10 Stones and only one came up so I thought perhaps the seeds were too old or not stored well so I germinated the rest (11) and two came out of that group. I also started 10 MKS when I was starting the rest of the Stones and 10 of those came up.

Seeds were from auctions, the MKS this spring and the Stones were won in the fall of 2013. I know Shanti's seeds are good so poor storage is all I can figure with the poor showing on the Stones.

Anyway, should be an interesting grow, no pictures yet but I'll post some when things are more interesting.

I don't know. I've put I think 13 stones in rooters and all 13 came up.

Ya, I'm not upset or anything, I know Shanti's beans are good from past experience. A little disappointing and a change in direction, I had planned an 'all stones' grow but this could be even more interesting seeing the parent and the offspring in action. Could be some issues with height and such but I will deal with that when it becomes an issue. I think I have room for about nine plants max in the flower room so I'm starting with decent numbers.

Good luck with your Stones PMB!

All you need are a few Master Kush Skunk x Afghan Haze for a pedigree trifecta. I have a few Master Kush Skunk and 1 Master Kaze going outdoors…I’m missing The Stones.

I started 4 or 5 Master Kaze and ended up with 1 female. I wish I would have gotten 1 or 2 more girls because I think there is some phenotype variance in this strain.

Good luck…are you indoors or out?

Thanks for the kind words folks. :)

@Betterhaff - I have a pack of MasterKaze waiting, this year I will learn about the MasterKush phenos that are present in this strain. Hopefully pick an early girl for next years outdoor season. This year it's all indoors but I'm planning improvements to my growing space, more room, more light and better stealth.

@RedEye24/7 - so I hear you like the Stones :)

@PMB - only three out of a pack of 21 but all I need is one decent female, my impressions from the grow logs it that there are no real duds in this strain, but some are better than others. The first stones seedling already smells, so that's a good sign.

Thanks all for checking in, I'll keep you posted as things develop.

Hey all, I tried to upload some pics but failed, there is a server problem.

I have one MKS outside doing well, two remaining Stones, one Stones and one MKS did not survive the transplant to bigger pots.

All remaining plants are doing well (extremely well) wish I could show you pics.

I will flip to flower in about two weeks, these are really solid plants, thick stocks, vigorous.

Interesting to see the Master Kush next to the Stones, the stones is like a bushier version of Master Kush. Height wise MKS is just slightly ahead of the largest Stones.

Hey BF,

How's the grow coming along? I've got MKS in the last 2 weeks of flower and wanted to compare notes. Very impressed with this flower and the smell is so unique and well, wonderful!

Cool runnin.
M

@musashi

Hey!, this year somehow has not been the best for me. I am down to one Stones, I had three, lost one in the transplant to bigger pots and one of the two is female. Fortunately she looks amazing but it will go much longer than the MKS plus it showed sex much later. I hate to have just one plant in my flower space but I think that's how it will play out.

The MKS, slight disappointment here, all the best looking ones are male, the females are all looking more like the skunk pheno. Actually two look like the skunk female and the other two look like hybrids of the Master Kush and Skunk, one more Master Kush than the other.

So wow, I can't believe out of a whole pack of The Stones I only got one decent chance at some flowers, but at least I got that one.

The MKS that I put outside looks amazing, but again it's a male, possibly grab some pollen and do a little pollen chuck if the timing is right.

I'll try and post pictures but I don't know what's up with the website, kinda looks like max_filesize needs to be set in php.ini but that's the web dudes problem not mine. :)

Musashi, please post pics if you can.

Later

Just a quick update and a question.

I noticed today that the MKS male that I put outside has reversed. It is now putting out female flowers. I have buds with male flowers below and female flowers above.

Anyone seen this before? I once had a male NHS reverse outdoors also, but it had just shown sex indoors and then was planted outdoors, the NHS plant went outdoors before the summer equinox so it went back to veg and then when it flowered it was female.

Of the cuttings I took of the MKS, it looks like one cutting survived, it is still in flower but I hope it will reveg under constant light, this could be a good mama for next year. At least the parent plant looks very nice, packing on weight much faster than any of the others and starting to get resinous.

I'd take pictures, but I can't upload. :(

Last edited:
I had an MKS go weird on me outdoors…single blades and leaves with 3 leaflets…after it started flowering. I’m thinking it’s not happy, with my grow teks or the environment it’s in. It’s been a weird season here…she sure stinks though. If it’s not too late cut off the male flowers.

On the other hand…so far the MKS/AH looks wonderful but has a ways to go. Knock on wood.

I had an MKS go weird on me outdoors…single blades and leaves with 3 leaflets…after it started flowering. I’m thinking it’s not happy, with my grow teks or the environment it’s in. It’s been a weird season here…she sure stinks though. If it’s not too late cut off the male flowers.

On the other hand…so far the MKS/AH looks wonderful but has a ways to go. Knock on wood.

It's late late in our outdoor season (east coast Canada), the male flowers are now male/female flowers. Just kinda watching with amazement. My plant was super happy but just the past week or so it got quite cold, light frost, fire in the stove. :) Snow shovelling soon.....sigh.

Just another quick update. I still can't upload pics and I haven't taken any as a result. It would be cool to show you these plants, they are starting to impress.

The plant that was outdoors and reversed sex has been cut down and dried and provided me with an early sampling of what is in the genetics. So this plant was a male and reversed into a female with pathetically small flowers. Timing was interesting, the plant went outside early July when it was only about eight inches tall. Once the plant was about 36" tall it started flowering and then after a while it reversed. While I was away for a couple of weeks in late October we had snow a couple of times and when I got back the plant was dead, but not mouldy at all. The smoke is actually pretty good, it gets you high and lasts a long time. It's a nice high too, not too couch lock but it also has not cured at all and I understand that the strength builds over time.

Indoors the flowers keep coming.
Usually, the flowering time will be in the faster range of 6 weeks, but one will find certain phenotypes that will finish in 8/9 weeks.
I flipped the lights to 12/12 at the start of September, now it's Nov 7th so that's nine weeks since flipping and about seven weeks since they showed sex. Of the four girls I have in my room, one is the shorter skunk pheno and the other three are taller and I think fit the master kush profile. All of them are still pushing out flowers but the shorter one is definitely slowing down and becoming very resinous (very). I only got one clone from one of the plants, fortunately a tall good yielder and fingers crossed that it's good smoke too. This will make a fantastic plant for scrogging next spring.

Right now the flowers are getting heavy enough that plants need to be staked. I think there is about a month left for at least two of these girls, so that will bring me in around 11 weeks, which seems to be in line with what others have found. I expect the clones will show faster and maybe finish earlier. My one clone was actually flowering when I took it and it had to reveg while it grew roots.

I think I may have some damn fine smoke by christmas. :)

Last edited:
I cut down the shortest plant last night(Nov 14), this was the skunk leaning pheno. Pistils were reddish brown and trichomes were almost all cloudy, I didn't see any clear trichomes and there was a hint of amber a few inches from the top.

So that makes it about 9 weeks for this girl, about 10 from flipping the lights.

Smelly, very smelly. My coat still smells this morning, probably from brushing against them. The plant is now hanging and drying whole. Even though I have smoke I am very anxious to try these plants, they just smell evil! :)

I will keep you posted.

Ooooh that smell
Can't you smell that smell...

MKS just smells so delicious IMJ. The smoke is satisfying. I could have used a better yield but the flowers were yummy non the less. Good medicine and a nice way to wind out your day. Best of luck braddahhhh!

Aloha nui loa
M

Back