Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Super Silver Haze

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2016, 10:44 PM

Default Questions on finding a SSH mother?

I'd like to run cuttings but first I have to cull out males.
Should SSH still be started in 12/12 from seed to find females then after they show go to 18/6 for cuttings or take cuttings in 12/12 and put them in 18/6 for future cuttings?
Hope this makes sense.
Ideally I'd like to put at least 2 cuttings from each through bloom,then get a keeper and make a mother from a cutting.
Old 05-20-2016, 08:00 PM

id go with 18/6

having a nice blue white spectrum 6500K - 8000K will throw out pistils (preflowers) even under 18h of light, at week 3 - 6 with most modern indoor hybrids, but the more important reason for doing this light schedule instead of 12/12, the reason is hormons, once a level is reached within the plant, its not possible to return to previous hormone levels, thats why 18h mothers are better (healthier) than corresponding 12h mothers, just bc you dont see any flowers in week 2 of 12/12, doesnt mean that hormone levels havent changed

thats why im not a fan of 12/12 when cuttings / clones have to be taken, same goes for re-vegged plants, its more of a "last chance plan b" than proper "gardening"
Old 05-22-2016, 03:46 PM

Thanks for the tip.
Most of the strains I've tried eventually show after 5-7 weeks in veg but the long bloom time of SSH has me a bit spooked.
Description says there's an 8 week pheno but I've yet to read about one.
Old 05-22-2016, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indi View Post
Thanks for the tip.
Most of the strains I've tried eventually show after 5-7 weeks in veg but the long bloom time of SSH has me a bit spooked.
Description says there's an 8 week pheno but I've yet to read about one.
Keep reading. Check the older SSH threads. See also: flower~power, l33t, Scorpion.

M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantibaba
But to dispel incorrect information about MNS using different plants or better plants coming from more original seed is just false...It may be smart to remind most of you who do not know that since the beginning of plant work for MNS and other companies all mother and father plants were always controlled and put into production by myself as Nevil lives on the other side of the world and Howard does not do the plants.
Old 05-23-2016, 05:15 PM

Thanks for pointing that out.
A 56 day short pheno that's very interesting.Ill have to read the whole thread.

I'm very curious if the holy grail of SSH is the one that finishes that early.
I was also very tempted to try angel heart but whether it has pain relief like SSH I'm not sure.
I have about 8 different haze strains from mns deciding which one to try,may have the spin a bottle.
Old 05-24-2016, 02:31 AM

Great thread that was and it helped make me mind.
I'm used to 11 week strains so 10 SSH beans are soaking.Im tempted to go ahead and put the whole pack in but I have a few more keepers I'm not ready to discard.
Old 05-24-2016, 05:05 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Great thread that was and it helped make me mind.
I'm used to 11 week strains so 10 SSH beans are soaking.Im tempted to go ahead and put the whole pack in but I have a few more keepers I'm not ready to discard.
Great minds think alike...I went all in. 26 beans soaking. (Shanti I had to count them twice. You are too kind.) Let the good times roll.

M.

Quote:
But to dispel incorrect information about MNS using different plants or better plants coming from more original seed is just false...It may be smart to remind most of you who do not know that since the beginning of plant work for MNS and other companies all mother and father plants were always controlled and put into production by myself as Nevil lives on the other side of the world and Howard does not do the plants.
Old 05-29-2016, 04:31 AM

Need an update, hoss. Am I the only one with 4 above ground?

M.

Quote:
Old 05-29-2016, 12:07 PM

All ten of mine came up but one hasn't opened up because of shell.
Old 05-29-2016, 04:36 PM

Quote:
All ten of mine came up but one hasn't opened up because of shell.
I will pinch a seed until it pops then drop it back in the water. Takes skill to do it without crushing the embryo inside. Let's see some pics of your seedlings. I want to know how far ahead of me you are.

M.

Quote: