Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > The Stones

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2012, 02:22 PM

Default Grover's Stones

I'm not really intending to make a big story on this thread but I feel I should say a few things about this variety as the other threads don't really do it justice...
I grew out a whole packet of The Stones, completely fucked up the plants with burnt buds growing into the lights, etc (the plants are stretchy) and lost most of the top colas (I had a lot going on and didn't have the time to care properly for them...hey ho!)

Anyway, the taste is a mkskunk. A few had a really strong MasterKush flava (more so than anything I actually found in a packet of MasterKush/Skunk I grew recently!) and I thought that maybe I'd wasted my time on the others but so far every plant has got me so high. Proper buzzing - and not just one of the plants or 2 of them (like SSH or Mango Haze) but all of them. The yields are great too. It is a really pleasant sativa high, especially good in a bong.

I'm not sure if this strain will stand alone too well (people seem to go for fruity these days. The aroma may seem subdued at first but it just needs a cure to bring it out), which is a real shame as it is a fine fine sativa smoke. I hope I am wrong. - but I really can see the male of this variety making a superb cross with extreme (and highly flavoured) sativas. The high would be sativa all the way but there would be yield and the flowering time would be lessened slightly. I would watch out for this strain re-appearing elsewhere. And rightfully so.

I would grow this variety again - it gets me higher than the SSH and is far easier to grow. The kush doesn't lessen the THC high but it seems to focus it, maybe..

With careful selection you could find something with a great flavour, I would think.

This is my first Haze AC cross and I'm impressed with the high, for sure. I wonder how high the NL/Haze x Haze AC is !!! The haze flavour doesn't really come through on this cross but perhaps on some others?

I would recommend this to all smokers except those lovers of extreme tropical sativas, which take months and taste and smoke like pure electricity! Even there, you will not be too disappointed.....the high is a euphoric one with a nice body relax that doesn't put you to bed.

Don't ask for photos - I can't be fucked!

I hope this helps someone,

Grover

Last edited by The Grey Man; 09-02-2012 at 11:09 PM. Reason: changed opinion slightly
Old 09-02-2012, 11:00 PM

Mmmmm - the flava is getting richer by the day. It is really growing on me. I'm noticing floral notes coming through slightly. Perhaps this is haze AC at work?
The high is laid back but very euphoric considering how dense the bud structure is. This is definitely a haze but it has the densest buds for any haze I ever had.
The best commercial haze so far - but I haven't tried Critical Mass x Haze AC yet...

Flava-wise, you're definitely smoking kush with this stuff but the high that comes from the haze makes this the highest kush ever.

Definitely a very interesting strain. I wonder if I could grow this in an English greenhouse.....

Last edited by The Grey Man; 09-02-2012 at 11:08 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:47 PM

I can't get over what a great union of indica and sativa this strain is.
The taste is really growing on me, too.

Top stuff. Superb for a chilled sunny day in the garden.

Some plants are slightly more euphoria and some are slightly more chillax but all are similar just slightly less and slightly more.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:11 AM

wow no other responses?

yo... great thread greyman....

superb!

love to see some pics if possible

Be Hazed as my boy sammy says

love an respect

Old 09-18-2012, 04:15 PM

Hi Grayman,

Thanx for your report, I am very interested in this strain, ( I currently have MK/SK in seedling stage.)

How long did you flower for? How much did it stretch by? Was it a light feeder?

Thanx again,

Peace

Bube
Old 09-18-2012, 04:39 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grey Man View Post
Mmmmm - the flava is getting richer by the day. It is really growing on me. I'm noticing floral notes coming through slightly. Perhaps this is haze AC at work?
The high is laid back but very euphoric considering how dense the bud structure is. This is definitely a haze but it has the densest buds for any haze I ever had.
The best commercial haze so far - but I haven't tried Critical Mass x Haze AC yet...

Flava-wise, you're definitely smoking kush with this stuff but the high that comes from the haze makes this the highest kush ever.

Definitely a very interesting strain. I wonder if I could grow this in an English greenhouse.....
You Are Good At English Greenhouse Grows Greyver
Peace
JKP
Old 09-24-2012, 10:22 AM

hey thanks,JKP - you should see my greenhouse now...

hello nu-bube...they all stretched much much more than I thought they would.
Go with clones. Very young ones...

I would always recommend a very light feeding schedule with ALL hazes. Start of at a bare minimum. Just keep them alive and don't try to force anything. Most hazes hate nutes. You get this fluffy, leafy, vegetable matter! This one could probably take a bit more but take it slowly, slowly.

Also, once cured, the Kush side takes over a bit, in the high. Pretty stony!

The flowering time is at LEAST 10 weeks. More like 12..

As for your MK/Skunk, keep cuts of ALL the females as 1 will be stunning...watch out for mould (harvest on time and prune for SOG, not single cola plants, if you can...if you see a bud which isn't developing like the others then check the stem for moulds..)

Also, MK/Skunk needs a good cure to develop the earthy MasterKush flavour and the stone also gets much stronger with time.... dry well and cure her before making any decisions on which is the keeper (hence why I said to keep all the females as clones...)

For me, the Haze AC in The Stones makes it much more interesting to smoke than MK/Skunk, which is a unique tasting and strong indica but without the sativa 'high' of it's cousin. It's more of a medicinal plant...

FX - hey bro, thanks for stopping by...see you soon..
Old 09-24-2012, 10:34 AM

As for a quick update,

the MasterKush side of this plant has developed much more than the haze side, in terms of strength of hit and flava, with curing.

This plant deserves to be thought of as a Masterkush hybrid, not a Haze hybrid...It is fairly stoney, especially this 1 pheno, 'The Stoner', hehe...

It is at the head of the table in the MasterKush family of strains, though...it is much more interesting to smoke than the others (except 1 particular pheno of the MasterKaze, which I loved...) due to the haze in there.

I prefer the taste of my SSH, I also changed my mind with the highs, too... SSH is much higher than The Stones (I just didn't realise at the time, quite how strong my SSH keeper actually is. Proper introspection, a real sativa high..A man is allowed to change his mind!)

Still, for MasterKush lovers, this hybrid is a must. You will find a very MasterKush tasting plant, still strong and stoney but also with a large helping of 'lift' from the haze. It takes a lot longer than straight MK/Skunk but if you are curious about The Haze but don't want to let go of the stoney hit you are used to (or need...) then you should definitely try this. It is well worth the extra month or so.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:03 PM

Hello again Grayman,

Thank you for all the good info.

I am afraid I probably wont be able to clone these on this run. You see, space is at a ridiculous premium where I live, ( my USABLE flower space is just 2'x5' x5' 1/2 high)

I am doing research on building a small mother/clone cabinet, but I am afraid I wont have it before these plants are done. At least I still have half a pack left.

Do you have any experience with the Mk/Afg haze, (Kaze,) to compare The Stones to?

Thank You again Grayman.

Peace,
Bube

Last edited by nu-bube; 09-27-2012 at 03:09 PM. Reason: grammer
Old 09-27-2012, 04:35 PM

Actually yes, Mkaze plants were much more indica and shorter. They flowered quicker and were skunkier. There was 1 lovely hazy phenotype with a real floral type flavour and a lovely euphoric high (before the body relax set in.)
Other than that, there were many different phenos and most were strong.
It performed well outdoors and in the greenhouse.

I liked it.